Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:33:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchanging ETH for GBP  (Read 96 times)
dkdogg (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:15:58 AM

Hi, I've been mining mostly ETH for about 7 months and have always used Kraken to convert my ETH to GBP.  I understand Kraken are going to stop the withdrawal of GBP this month.  I have an account with CEX-IO, but the last time I tried to withdraw GBP I couldn't do it there either (don't know if it was a temporary glitch). 

Just wondered how others convert crypto, especially ETH to GBP.  I've found also that Kraken doesn't usually have a very good exchange rate due to lack of ETH/GBP trading, so could do with a more competetive exchange.  There must be some Brits out there with similar issues?!!
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:14:30 AM

There are 2 exchanges available for BTC/GBP, they're  https://www.gdax.com/ and https://coinsbank.com/ . But I never using these exchange before so If I were you, I wouldn't use these exchange and I'll find out another way to convert my BTC to GBP. For me, I'll convert BTC to USD first then I'll convert USD to GBP after that, although with this way you'll have to pay exchange fee twice but it's much better than use an exchange that you don't really know about it.

dkdogg (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:11:42 PM

thanks, that seems a bit of a clat. how do you convert usd to gbp, do you just send usd to your bank and incur a fee for them to exchange?
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:04:13 PM

There are 2 exchanges available for BTC/GBP, they're  https://www.gdax.com/ and https://coinsbank.com/ . But I never using these exchange before so If I were you, I wouldn't use these exchange and I'll find out another way to convert my BTC to GBP. For me, I'll convert BTC to USD first then I'll convert USD to GBP after that, although with this way you'll have to pay exchange fee twice but it's much better than use an exchange that you don't really know about it.

I could recommend you GDAX. It's perfect for EU and SEPA transfers.
I've never had any complain from them and UK is still in EU for another year... at least Cheesy Cheesy

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:08:01 PM

thanks, that seems a bit of a clat. how do you convert usd to gbp, do you just send usd to your bank and incur a fee for them to exchange?
You just need to find a bank if you want to exchange USD to GBP. It's very easy and the exchange fee I think it'll not cost so much. Or you can find out another exchang place that have higher USD/GBP exchange rate than bank.

There are 2 exchanges available for BTC/GBP, they're  https://www.gdax.com/ and https://coinsbank.com/ . But I never using these exchange before so If I were you, I wouldn't use these exchange and I'll find out another way to convert my BTC to GBP. For me, I'll convert BTC to USD first then I'll convert USD to GBP after that, although with this way you'll have to pay exchange fee twice but it's much better than use an exchange that you don't really know about it.

I've never had any complain from them and UK is still in EU for another year... at least Cheesy Cheesy

How about Coinsbank? As I can see on coinmarketcap Coinbanks exchange has higher trading volume of BTC/GBP pair than on GDAX.

bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:13:32 PM

Hi, I've been mining mostly ETH for about 7 months and have always used Kraken to convert my ETH to GBP.  I understand Kraken are going to stop the withdrawal of GBP this month.  I have an account with CEX-IO, but the last time I tried to withdraw GBP I couldn't do it there either (don't know if it was a temporary glitch). 

Just wondered how others convert crypto, especially ETH to GBP.  I've found also that Kraken doesn't usually have a very good exchange rate due to lack of ETH/GBP trading, so could do with a more competetive exchange.  There must be some Brits out there with similar issues?!!

I think you can consider opening an account in Euros, it should not cost you much and you can convert in almost any exchange out there. Kraken is a great exchange, it is a pity they don´t do pound now.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
dkdogg (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:11:06 PM

Thanks for all the advice, I'll have to experiment with some of these!
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:32:29 AM

You just need to find a bank if you want to exchange USD to GBP. It's very easy and the exchange fee I think it'll not cost so much. Or you can find out another exchang place that have higher USD/GBP exchange rate than bank.

How about Coinsbank? As I can see on coinmarketcap Coinbanks exchange has higher trading volume of BTC/GBP pair than on GDAX.

I never used Coinsbank, so I can't tell you about personal experience.

But from what I know, GDAX are most stable and correct.

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Coins_Bank

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 08:45:15 PM

Just try to use Coinsbank.

p.s. A chance to advertise ourselves Smiley

CoinsBank.com: your «all-in-one» gateway to blockchain services
coinpediaJordan

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:24:45 AM

About Coinsbank k is latest in the market as it has been launched in 2016. The universal crypto solution is launched by CoinsBank on April 4th, 2016.

Get here detail info: https://coinpedia.org/crypto-wallet/spectrocoin/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: