Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 04:19:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 137732 times)
OzZYfilm

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:27:28 PM

Where can I find a list of your advisors?
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 264

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:53:12 PM

Is this basically torrent, P2P file sharing, but with incentives? How can anyone make sure the files didn't include any unwanted content?

Hello, yes, NOIA Network has similarities as some parts are based on torrent protocol, full details will be disclosed when we open source certain parts of the technology. The incentive is that using NOIA Network you will be economically rewarded.

Only the content that is public will be delivered through the NOIA Network and data transfers between nodes and users will be encrypted. To ensure security and govern processes at the beginning our Master Node will be centralized.
Also, the content aggregators (like Youtube) will need to sign contracts with NOIA Network Company in order to use our service. After that, we will white-list them. If the content matches the white-list pattern, it can be sent to NOIA nodes via our CSL service. If not - we will have technical means to recall them from the Network asap.

In addition, our clients will be companies that are in need to deliver content like Youtube, Netflix, Hulu. It won't be a content sharing in a closed circle between nodes. I suggest you to read what is a CDN: https://medium.com/noia/content-delivery-networks-101-9a476bf38f22
And how NOIA Network is going to improve this solution in our easy understandable Explainer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jKakIrXIk&t=

So NOIA is a CDN and not file sharing, sorry for my misunderstanding. Why do content aggregators need to go through the whitelist with NOIA Network Company and not the nodes? What if you guys allow mallicious content too be stored in the general public nodes? How can anyone trust you with their precious computer?

We are creating a decentralized Content Delivery Network. I think you didn't understand the concept clearly, please check the links above.
NOIA Network is a fully legal business who acts as an intermediary between nodes and clients. Hence, if client would happen to host illegal content, it would violate our agreement with given company and it would be taken care of.
Let me explain to you that "whitelist" part with an example: when using Airbnb you are being verified by them, right? You don't send your ID and get verified by every host separately.
We have no reason to allow malicious content be spread in our system simply due to liability and legal issues.

Where can I find a list of your advisors?

The whole team and advisors can be found here: https://noia.network/#team
Hexcolyte

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:01:14 AM

Is this basically torrent, P2P file sharing, but with incentives? How can anyone make sure the files didn't include any unwanted content?

Hello, yes, NOIA Network has similarities as some parts are based on torrent protocol, full details will be disclosed when we open source certain parts of the technology. The incentive is that using NOIA Network you will be economically rewarded.

Only the content that is public will be delivered through the NOIA Network and data transfers between nodes and users will be encrypted. To ensure security and govern processes at the beginning our Master Node will be centralized.
Also, the content aggregators (like Youtube) will need to sign contracts with NOIA Network Company in order to use our service. After that, we will white-list them. If the content matches the white-list pattern, it can be sent to NOIA nodes via our CSL service. If not - we will have technical means to recall them from the Network asap.

In addition, our clients will be companies that are in need to deliver content like Youtube, Netflix, Hulu. It won't be a content sharing in a closed circle between nodes. I suggest you to read what is a CDN: https://medium.com/noia/content-delivery-networks-101-9a476bf38f22
And how NOIA Network is going to improve this solution in our easy understandable Explainer video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-jKakIrXIk&t=

So NOIA is a CDN and not file sharing, sorry for my misunderstanding. Why do content aggregators need to go through the whitelist with NOIA Network Company and not the nodes? What if you guys allow mallicious content too be stored in the general public nodes? How can anyone trust you with their precious computer?

We are creating a decentralized Content Delivery Network. I think you didn't understand the concept clearly, please check the links above.
NOIA Network is a fully legal business who acts as an intermediary between nodes and clients. Hence, if client would happen to host illegal content, it would violate our agreement with given company and it would be taken care of.
Let me explain to you that "whitelist" part with an example: when using Airbnb you are being verified by them, right? You don't send your ID and get verified by every host separately.
We have no reason to allow malicious content be spread in our system simply due to liability and legal issues.

If so, why do you even need blockchain, only for the ecnomical incentives? If so, why not use fiat money payment, or other cryptocurrency?

Who decide the "whitelist pattern"?
I understand the whitelist pretty well, but even a whitelisted website or company or server can become unethical.
Since you are a completely legal company, does that mean if youtube put mallicious content to the nodes, you will be sued?
noia-emilis

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:56:00 AM

If so, why do you even need blockchain, only for the ecnomical incentives? If so, why not use fiat money payment, or other cryptocurrency?

I understand the whitelist pretty well, but even a whitelisted website or company or server can become unethical.
Since you are a completely legal company, does that mean if youtube put mallicious content to the nodes, you will be sued?

A decentralized approach applying blockchain technology allows for significant cost reduction to be realized in delivering bandwidth-intensive content and because of this NOIA Network will carry minimal overheads. Ethereum blockchain, together with smart contracts will be used for Node operators to be compensated directly from NOIA customers.

As for law-related part, yes, in that case it is our fault, yet liability is back-to-back transferable to Youtube according to the contract.
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 04:28:12 PM

NOIA Network is partnering with Centurion & Co. - a leading management and advisory firm with an impressive success rate in launching and growing businesses.

The company has many successful startups in their portfolio and the team has already managed a turnover of over $ 3 Billion. Centurion & Co. credits their success to the ability to create meaningful partnerships with entrepreneurs that realize the full vision of their partners.

Centurion & Co. will be advising NOIA Network on business development matters. This new partnership is further proof that we’re moving in the right direction and our growth is gaining momentum.
huyhoang2210

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:52:08 AM

I like the project with the concept of mining, but to get bigger profits must use tools, and requires considerable electrical energy.
whether this project is the same as other mining projects
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 08:32:43 AM

I like the project with the concept of mining, but to get bigger profits must use tools, and requires considerable electrical energy.
whether this project is the same as other mining projects

Hello,

first of all, our token is not mineable - we are not using Proof of Work. You get NOIA tokens as a reward by sharing your unused bandwidth and some storage. NOIA client will use a surprisingly low amount of computing resources -> low electricity consumption.

Regarding tools, the Node.js application can be run on any Linux, Windows or MacOS machine. However, if a low-end computer will not be effective, NOIA Edge device could help to solve that problem.
We suggest reading more about this network-attached-storage on our Whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IfdKbai7hkScw_Zj6-kbZPoxNCmQzKaR/view - 4.7. NOIA Edge.
huydai

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:33:50 PM

How soon after the end of the ICO will your be ready to finish working on the project and enter the market with a ready-made product?
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:00:36 PM

How soon after the end of the ICO will your be ready to finish working on the project and enter the market with a ready-made product?

Hi huydai,

we are pretty confident that by the end of this year we will launch full operating Beta version.
devinsocute9zz

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:45:15 AM

This project has pretty good ideas and practicality. You are doing a great job for this project! Have a nice day for the project
queenandking12193

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:13:18 PM

This project has pretty good ideas.  hope you get a big succees
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

This project has pretty good ideas and practicality. You are doing a great job for this project! Have a nice day for the project

This project has pretty good ideas.  hope you get a big succees

Thanks for the support guys  Smiley
abrole18

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:41:17 PM

unfortunately, the link to your site does not work for me. just me or someone else? Tell me, at what stage is the project now?
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 11:45:51 PM

unfortunately, the link to your site does not work for me. just me or someone else? Tell me, at what stage is the project now?

I checked with few different browsers and it is working fine, but here it is: https://noia.network/
You will also find a detailed Roadmap there  Smiley
stronggirl306

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:26:51 AM

your project is great, i love your concept ,and this project keep privacy first thing to do on decentralized system
noia-augustas.r

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:39:43 AM

your project is great, i love your concept ,and this project keep privacy first thing to do on decentralized system

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to us!
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:15:20 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 03:33:04 PM by NOIA_Network

By the way, saying "only for the economical incentives" doesn't imply that you fully understand blockchain. Coding financial incentives into a decentralized protocol is one of the biggest inventions about this space after all. It doesn't surprise me that thousands of projects are considering this innovation for their business models as it allows you to scale above and beyond if you implement it properly.

Hi, regarding Blockchain utilization, we need NOIA Network governance layer implemented on Ethereum blockchain and powered by smart contracts to allow everyone to participate in our distributed network in a decentralised way. This way, open sourced NOIA node client acts like agents which can be hired in NOIA Marketplace. Also, blockchain will allow anyone to build a Master Node and compete for hiring nodes on the NOIA Network. NOIA tokens fuel the transactions on the network open for everyone to participate or use the services.
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 01:54:26 PM

Long awaited news are here! Don’t miss this week’s development update:

https://noia.network/weekly-development-update-7/
NOIA_Network (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 03:00:14 PM

Daniel Hulme - our new advisor on AI and machine learning. You may have seen him on TEDx; but if not, definitely do take a look and get to know him better: http://bit.ly/noia-danielhulme
kable78

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:38:34 PM

Developers try to create decentralized content delivery to optimize every website in the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: