Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you trust cryptocurrency mining? why and why not?  (Read 128 times)
eagle10 (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:41:24 AM

Just recently, I observed there are many cryptocurrency mining offered from cpu to android. And they have there own wallet. I was able to manage to join one of them the twist and eyeing the crepcoin but. scrolling the thread, there are pools which are suspicious to join. What do you think of them? Please advise if you know how they work. Are they safe to join?
Toucanoe

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:44:45 AM

Just recently, I observed there are many cryptocurrency mining offered from cpu to android. And they have there own wallet. I was able to manage to join one of them the twist and eyeing the crepcoin but. scrolling the thread, there are pools which are suspicious to join. What do you think of them? Please advise if you know how they work. Are they safe to join?

Not sure but this kind of scheme is just ponzi. You either need to deposit an amount to be able to withdraw the balance you have earned or you need to invite people under your referral. I don't also think you can mine any decent amount of coin using your phone.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

If you are talking about the android and browser based mining then I'm pretty sure it's not going to work for you. These type of minings are profitable for the companies that provide this software. They get the app installed on thousand of devices and thus they get lots of hashrate and earn money out of it. What you get is nothing but rotten tomatoes. Your devices are very weak to mine efficiently and they can't stay awake all the time. Besides that they will burn their circuit but you won't be able to mine much. These are my thoughts about the android mining.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

I think that doing and concept of mining with android on smartphone devices is not a good thing. Just imagine the smartphone we have has the limitation of the device is not as good as the CPU, even the real cooling system owned smartphone device is not a good thing. Believe that when we have a device that supports then we can get maximum results, while when we use the device is not feasible then we do not get any, So do not ever hope that the smartphone can make us get a lot of profit. Android is not a good system for mining right now. Especially now hashrates are increasingly also will make the computerized system more work hard and the results obtained will not be comparable with the issued capital.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:53:39 AM

GPU mining is always safe in Mining platform because cpu and Android are very slower than the GPU so it is not comfortable to mine. I don't know these are all possible in mining platform so better you should analyse once again because many scammers are available in the market so you should verify your own knowledge. But i am suggest to avoid these kind of Mining only GPU is supported in all the coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sergeykravcov177

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:28:26 PM

as for me, mining is not a very good idea because it is not very popular now because of the expensive hardware cost and its sustainability
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

But it is well known that the mobile phone processor and encryption monetary professional mining equipment has not been a level, so in my opinion it is more like a hype, rather than a practical application.

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

If i was trying to involve in mining, which i dont really like.. i would never trust these suspecious pools. I will only trust pools with the ability of autowithdrawals every hour. A lot of pools turn to scam their members and run out. Thats why i dont like them.. the best example is nicehash.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:41:15 PM

it is not possible to give an answer generally because some of them are trusted and some others are not. for example there are mining softwares that a lot of people are using with their GPUs and it has been around for a long time. there are pools that have been around for a long time too which people connect to.
at the same time there are softwares out there pretending to be good, there are unknown pools that may not even be mining,...

your best option is to find each of their announcements on bitcointalk and see how long they have been around and how many have used them and what their feedbacks are.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:47:00 PM

From my experience, i have participated in some cryptocurrency minings, but i have never succeeded with any. My observation is that some platforms for mining do not work well as supposed and some may not be real. Although i cannot outrightly cross out mining, because some folks have testified to it that they have come across some that work well. Until i personally find one, then i can confidently affirm that it is effective.
Porticus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:47:40 PM

In my opinion it is profitable and stable, but you have to have cheap energy and try to optimize the cost of equipment, if not ROI is getting higher, right now the hardware prices are pretty inflated...

tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:53:30 PM

Do not trust any online cloud mining websites or programs, as majority of them are scams, i also do not recommend setting up your own mining equipment as it does not seem profitable at the moment unless you have very cheap or free electricity.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:11:25 PM

You didn't put the link to suspicious mining sites in the thread, so it will be hard for us to judge.
After all, you should only choose a trustable and legitimate POW altcoins that have been popular over the last year, so you can pretty easy to find a trusted cryptocurrency mining pool.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:15:25 PM

it doesn't look good. Remember it has been created by 3rd party and that can't be considered as a trustful party.

So, that means the software or wallet can be manipulated just like what was happened with those are used automated trading software to make their activity easier.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

Very many with these advertisements are scams. You should go to a personal meeting with sellers and try to talk to him. I got a friend on this trick and lost money.            
jalaaal

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:21:11 PM

i dont think that there is actually android mining, if there is one, then you have to think twice because there is no such thing, maybe its a scam or something that will just waste your time. dont include yourself to that kind of work.

coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

The issue that I have with mining is the soaring prices of GPU's. They have sky rocketed recently and also the difficulty has increased. Anyone who buys GPU's now will take thrice the time to get the return as compared to 8 months ago. I am done with mining for now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: