Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello. I am new here but invested in BTC since 2010  (Read 290 times)
pmodgill (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:12:00 PM

Hi Guys.

I am from India and long back i had invested in BTC. however, i lost my BTC long back.

Anyway, i do not regret it because since this year, after earning huge amounts in Stocks for the past 8 year, i again jumped into cryptos.

I bought ZRX at 55 cents and BTC at 8K.

But recently i realised that the Markets have changed tremendously from 8 years back. Now we have airdrops and i have signed up for 10 at least with by ETH address. but mostly i think, they would be kind of useless and worthless.

All of them simply ask for your ETH address and want you to join their channel on telegram. I mean, it doesnt make any sense.

Why would people buy when a lot of people are getting them for free.

Anyway, i am sure most of them are shit but some might be great and have potential.

Can you please help me out, because im getting back into the game after a VERY VERY VERY long time.

regards
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:22:17 PM

The amount provided in such airdrop are generally low and are intended for advertising purpose or building up the community.
Giving up free money would attract a huge attention to their project and probably bring investors.

Here's a good reasoning from the site airdropalert.com
Why would blockchain projects give away free tokens?

If you're not paying for the product, you are the product. With doing an airdrop the project creates awareness about their ICO or token. It brings people to the project that otherwise would not have owned or heard about it. It could lead to token price appreciation, since people value a token they own higher than a token they don't own. This is called the endowment effect.

Airdrops create a community/network of people who own the tokens. If you would list the token distribution after an ICO in a pie graph, a large part of the pie is still owned by the Dev's or project. Another large part is owned by people who joined a pre-sale. And a reasonable part is owned by people who invested in the ICO. An airdrop adds an extra slice to the pie and that slice will have the most people in it.

An airdrop also plants a seed. When you look at Coinmarketcap you will see a list of thousand coins. Just on page one you can see 100 coins listed. However if you have or had a coin that name is still in your brain. The seed is planted and whenever you check Coinmarketcap and scroll down, the name of the free e-Coin will jump out and people will check how it is doing. If they see an article that the free e-Token is doing well or bad, they are more likely to click it if they own it or previously have owned it. It's just like advertising!

Looking​ ​forward,​ ​possible​ crypto ​airdrop​ ​developments​ ​could​ ​be​ ​projects​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​gift​ ​tokens​ ​to​ ​users​ ​who hold​ ​tokens​ ​in​ ​projects​ ​that​ ​overlap​ ​or​ ​have​ ​some​ ​synergy​ ​with​ ​their​ ​own.​ ​We​ ​could​ ​also​ ​see​ ​projects encouraging​ ​other​ ​projects​ ​to​ ​airdrop​ ​to​ ​their​ ​token​ ​owners​ ​and​ ​receiving​ ​some​ ​benefit​ ​in​ ​return. Like we already see happening at the Ethereum, Waves, NXT & Komodo platforms.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:24:47 PM

Oh! 2010??
You must have held your bitcoins. Anyway each and every coins won't do airdrop for users. Also 8/10 airdrops are just bull shit. So people have to invest in other altcoins.

pmodgill (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:33:14 PM

Oh! 2010??
You must have held your bitcoins. Anyway each and every coins won't do airdrop for users. Also 8/10 airdrops are just bull shit. So people have to invest in other altcoins.

I was in England at that time, and someone had sent me 5 BTC. A friend whom i met on IRC. i didn't think of it much then. Then again in 2012 or 2013, when i realised they gained so much in value, i tried finding the page when i had written it down. And i made an account on MTGOx. as soon as i made an account to get into BTC, mtgox crashed, which again scared me into thinking that all this is a sham and i stayed away.

Then after stocks crashed a little in january this year, i moved out 1000 dollars into crypto, after 6th feb crash. and bought a few.

Can you suggest me some good AIRDROP coins??? because i dont want to trade cryptos, and i am strapped for cash. but i dont want to make the same mistake of ignoring other cryptos other than BTC
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:34:15 PM

Wow, you invested in bitcoin so early, you should be a very old player.
However, most of the current airdrops are just a scam, they are worthless, so don't waste your time.

pmodgill (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:52:55 PM

Wow, you invested in bitcoin so early, you should be a very old player.
However, most of the current airdrops are just a scam, they are worthless, so don't waste your time.

Yes, im old , almost 35 now. I had an option, whether to go crypto route in 2010 or whether to invest in stocks. I choose stocks because i started investing in indian markets after the huge collapse in indian stock market in 2008, and by 2009 i was almost 100% up.

What peaked my interest in Airdrops is ONT. and eBTC.

maybe there are a few in the market right now
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:56:32 PM

Airdrops are done solely for advertising purposes. They are not giving away all of their coins. The amount you get in airdrops is very low. Most of them are under $10 value. So it is not really much. If you seriously want to earn profit from crypto then you need more number of tokens/coins.
jankekek

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:01:30 PM

If you are a new member in this forum then you are welcome here but you already invested in bitcoin since 2010 then congrats you are already rich because the price of bitcoin today is multiple times higher than the btc price in 2010.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

It is good to see you back into the crypto space again. Airdrops can be interest, if only you are able to come across a very good one, which doesn't happen at all times. It can also be frustrating if you come across scam airdrops or airdrops where the developers give meagre amounts, that may be at times worthless. Bounty is another good way to have a wonderful participation and apart from all these, there are other areas.
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:11:57 PM

I agrees u opinion about the airdrop. For example, u could get 1000 Ontology by just subscribe the official website of Ontology at the early state. But now the ONT is about $2. I wouldn't buy the ONY whatever the price it will fly later.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

I think the amount of free coins for airdrops are only a portion of what it's supply is, probably like around 2% are given for free for advertisement purposes like campaigns. It is to spread out the word to the community so investors would be able to read them and hopefully invest in these new airdrops or projects. New tactics are always thought out to bring investors' attention, that's marketing strategy. But I'd rather invest in ICO's though than airdrops because I really don't trust airdrops that much.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:17:01 PM

Can you suggest me some good AIRDROP coins??? because i dont want to trade cryptos, and i am strapped for cash. but i dont want to make the same mistake of ignoring other cryptos other than BTC
As said, generally, you can't have much from an airdrop. Most airdrops only give you less than 3$ (at least in my case). I suggest you try investing and trading with altcoins especially now that you have gained enough experience from trading stocks. Crypto and stocks are not that far from each other ao I can say, you can have a better future in trading than just waiting for airdrops.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:21:07 PM

Hello friend, I think you asked great question. I also didn't understand this problem back in time when I first heard about airdrops. But I realized over time that airdrops are cool way to promote a coin, you also create fund for yourself.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

Above is already explained Airdop is just an ordinary form of advertising to promote, not the dirt they want. I think Investors will be interested in the project if the allocation of funds is large, so the trust will be focused on it. The garbage dump tokens will just be silent and do not have a solid team to do up the project, and it's clear that such tokens only want investors and run.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
pmodgill (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:27:47 PM

As said, generally, you can't have much from an airdrop. Most airdrops only give you less than 3$ (at least in my case). I suggest you try investing and trading with altcoins especially now that you have gained enough experience from trading stocks. Crypto and stocks are not that far from each other ao I can say, you can have a better future in trading than just waiting for airdrops.

I also tried trading. Made around 200 freee ripples and 100 free ZRX. but ultimately lost 180 ripples in a bad trade. So the tension and stress is too much to handle.

i rather take the airdrop route and wait another 5 years.
Bonanzabits

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:28:35 PM

Hello i think your should reinvest 80% of your bitcoins in altcoins.. Btc is too heavy fo big price jumping, but we have a lot of perspective altcoins, and it will go to the moon, when market will warm up.
Vik_the_Carpentner

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:29:06 PM

All of them simply ask for your ETH address and want you to join their channel on telegram. I mean, it doesnt make any sense.

Why would people buy when a lot of people are getting them for free.

You're right, most of them are useless trash and cost nothing. That's one of the reasons why they're on airdrop: the creators are trying to get more attention to their coin. Also that might stimulate people to buy the coin.

Also they're doing that for getting more people on the Telegram channel so it would look like their project is a good one and popular one so it would look more reliable and trustworthy.

DENARO.IO   》   CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRE-ICO STARTS JAN 30,2018   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dlhezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:38:49 PM

first, welcome on board mate, and yes, from the time your not in this world of crypto, so many changes happened. like you mentioned "airdrop" projects that have an airdrop had to implement a rules to joined their participant on their telegram channel to receive a reward at the end of the ICO. this is what they call a strategy, the more member in their channel, the more they can attract an investors. and for about that "Why would people buy when a lot of people are getting them for free" bounty has a limited pool to be divided to all hunters. yes they got it free but you cannot maximize your profits in here unlike to invest or buying ICO tokens. so many people are deciding to invest if they have a enough money, but for those dont have, they are trying to get it for free by participating on some activity that can pays them a token as a reward.
Stella27

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:43:52 PM

Most tokens that are given in airdrop are not yet available in market. Its one way og their campaign. So its not really unfair that there are existing giveaways because not all of us have the capability to buy or invest. So its just a bonus
pmodgill (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:50:27 PM

Most tokens that are given in airdrop are not yet available in market. Its one way og their campaign. So its not really unfair that there are existing giveaways because not all of us have the capability to buy or invest. So its just a bonus

Yep. I have my hands in all the pies this world has to offer, but i cannot make more money quickly enough to invest them in cryptos. So, yes i am looking at Airdrops as a free bonus.

bTW, what do you guys think about ZRX??? i invested in it, thinking it could be the way forward, with all the unnecessary attention, cryptos are getting from the government.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: