Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Know your limits!  (Read 745 times)
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:41:34 AM

It really comes down to your emotional capability, whether you read a lot of threads and gain knowledge about cryptocurrencies as much as you can, it will all be a waste if you can handle all the FUDs and bad happenings to the coin you invested in. It just seems like you really did not learn anything from all the research you made because I know for a fact that you came across an article or something that tackles about how the market works and that you should trust your investment and hold as much as possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
floresjonathan123

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:55:31 AM

I hope you are doing alright.

So I'm writing this thread especially for me to get it all out but I hope it will reach to some other people who will find it valued.
For the last few years, I got serious about economics and crypto itself, I guess it's my passion. I find everything about money, economics, technologies, companies, crypto and many more very interesting. So I decided to try my luck, to go for this. I acquired a ton of knowledge, I followed the leading personalities in the economics (not necessarily crypto) and learned as much as I can. I spent months of reading because I really enjoyed it. Eventually, no regrets. So what I am trying to say is that I told my self to get into crypto as part of investments and then move to the stocks exchange but crypto as a start. My mistake? I convinced my father to hand my few thousands to invest into cryptocurrencies, and honestly, I wasn't wrong; my actions were.
The problem is the huge need for immediate satisfaction so I couldn't really HODL I guess and lost almost all of this.

What I am trying to say over here. That, those investments are based on a lot of speculation and knowledge but not only.
Sometimes no matter how a product is good, the team is doing great and everything is perfect. Sometimes the market itself isn't perfect.
So I'm trying to tell you KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Why so? Due to the high volatility (10% up, 10% down), I got addicted to this and all I wanted is to make 2x. I felt it was so close to me (to be honest if I wouldn't touch my money and just HODL almost no matter at what coin I would at least 3x). So I changed from a coin to a coin was looking for the closest pump, for instant profit I wanted it so hard without noticing I am losing very slowly.

The economy is a very complicated thing, I kept watching multiple long videos about the economy to look what I missed.
I am just a small letter in the whole bible, so I guess it doesn't matter. People believe they are different, but usually, they are not.
Plan a strategy and more than all, be patient and do not let emotions or urges get into your actions. Investments could be very nice but sometimes risky and harmful. Cryptocurrency, for example, brought the good thing, made every single person from his bathroom to invest and become a millionaire; that's a huge great thing but if you don't follow the basic rules it can be fatal.

In conclusion, don't put yourself above other traders or investors. Don't fall into the deep water. Actions should be taken very carefully and after a long smart thinking. I wish you the best! Wink

Did you lost everyhting?Do you have a plan about how to recover your capital?
Your tips have little value for us,because so many people have posted the same tips here.Every trader should learn from his own mistakes.Every failure is just another step to  success
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:00:26 AM

all the sentences you speak to me are a brief study of things to do or an anticipation for everyone who joins the crypto world. to me this sounds very interesting and the suggestions you recommend will add to my knowledge of how to invest well and I agree with a conclusion of all the things you say that we should be more careful in taking a decision so we can get the best thing.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:25:35 AM

I guess you were in a haste to make money from your capital and you did under study the coins you wanted to invest on and jumping in when they were already being dump, therefore, catching a falling knive.

My advise is that, you don't invest what you can not afford to lose. All that glitters is not gold.

I don't think that you do need to .. think about it in such a negative manner because more or less we all did mistakes like that 😂 ...

Everyone's past is like that more or less we have all made mistakes and it's never like one needs to stop trying.
Go for it..
Well I think it's laughably similar whatever everyone's been through...and let's agree on one point " economy is so unpredictable "
Thanks for sharing your experience

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Blamsud

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:35:20 AM

Before i entered the world of investments and cryptocurrency market, i try to study the foot step, the habits and the lifestyle of a rich and successful people in the stock market and economy and one of the person i admired is Mr. Buffet, he is humble, frugal and patient and what make him wealthy. So until i finally follow his mindset and i applied it on the cryptocurrency world in order to win a game slowly but surely.
Being patient is the key when the price drops we should not overreact, as we see in stocks the price drops too and it's normal and we don't see investors panicking too much.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:39:18 AM

We must really know our limits in the crypto currency. As a new crytpo user, you must have to do only those bounty campaigns in order to earn bitcoins. Never deal already in a big investments and trading since you are not aware of the crypto market flows. Study first the strategies to double your income. Hold your feeling when the crypto market goes down and establish your limits when trading and investing in order to win the situation specially during break down of crypto currencies.

josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:17:45 AM

So I'm writing this thread especially for me to get it all out but I hope it will reach to some other people who will find it valued.
For the last few years, I got serious about economics and crypto itself, I guess it's my passion. I find everything about money, economics, technologies, companies, crypto and many more very interesting. So I decided to try my luck, to go for this. I acquired a ton of knowledge, I followed the leading personalities in the economics (not necessarily crypto) and learned as much as I can. I spent months of reading because I really enjoyed it. Eventually, no regrets. So what I am trying to say is that I told my self to get into crypto as part of investments and then move to the stocks exchange but crypto as a start. My mistake? I convinced my father to hand my few thousands to invest into cryptocurrencies, and honestly, I wasn't wrong; my actions were.
The problem is the huge need for immediate satisfaction so I couldn't really HODL I guess and lost almost all of this.

What I am trying to say over here. That, those investments are based on a lot of speculation and knowledge but not only.
Sometimes no matter how a product is good, the team is doing great and everything is perfect. Sometimes the market itself isn't perfect.
So I'm trying to tell you KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Why so? Due to the high volatility (10% up, 10% down), I got addicted to this and all I wanted is to make 2x. I felt it was so close to me (to be honest if I wouldn't touch my money and just HODL almost no matter at what coin I would at least 3x). So I changed from a coin to a coin was looking for the closest pump, for instant profit I wanted it so hard without noticing I am losing very slowly.

The economy is a very complicated thing, I kept watching multiple long videos about the economy to look what I missed.
I am just a small letter in the whole bible, so I guess it doesn't matter. People believe they are different, but usually, they are not.
Plan a strategy and more than all, be patient and do not let emotions or urges get into your actions. Investments could be very nice but sometimes risky and harmful. Cryptocurrency, for example, brought the good thing, made every single person from his bathroom to invest and become a millionaire; that's a huge great thing but if you don't follow the basic rules it can be fatal.

In conclusion, don't put yourself above other traders or investors. Don't fall into the deep water. Actions should be taken very carefully and after a long smart thinking. I wish you the best! Wink

yes yes I agree with what you said sir great help and advice for our new world of crypto would have been all the topics here so that so many you have learned about cryptocurrency so thank you very much for sharing of your knowledge

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:07:06 AM

This is true though lot of us becoming or we can't overcome our emotional the anger or the revenge that we become or we abuse bitcoin on so man aspects, and some traders usually believe on some fake news that's why they panic sell and it's true that action be taken carefully. But be optimistic at any way at any aspects.
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:12:34 AM

Thank you for your advice. Im agree with you, i need kmow my limits and expectation about cryptocurrency because it is very complicated to know the movement of cryptocurrency. yes we all really need is to be patience and have some knowledge in all what we are doing.
lennymat86

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:46:17 AM

If you do not have the patience, then I think you can not buy and trade in crypto currency. There should not be excitement. Only calm logical thinking. Cool
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:49:37 AM

I learned the same lesson the hard way. I got some tokens and coins from doing promotional bounties since last year and I decided to "hodl" most of them until now...guess what if I have to compare the value to my holdings from last year I think I already lost more than 75% of their value. had I sold them when they hit their highest rate, I could have used the money to finance my other business. This is something that many of us should look into or as what you said one must have his own entry and exit strategy.

The main thing with altcoins, and especially with shitcoins obtained through bounties, is that you should NOT keep them for long term holding purposes. Altcoins in general are horrible long term investments, and in case an altcoin does happen to increase over the longer term, it's either because Bitcoin has gone up, or that it got pumped badly. Too many variables making sure that holding altcoins is a bad way to move forward. Don't forget that with LN coming closer and closer, altcoins will have to swallow a major hit, and that perhaps this year already. Bitcoin's 'incompetence' is what drove people to altcoins, and when you take that 'incompetence' away, they'll come back because everyone wants to hold Bitcoin, and rightfully so.
bryan21

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:56:47 AM

We must really know our limits in the crypto currency. As a new crytpo user, you must have to do only those bounty campaigns in order to earn bitcoins. Never deal already in a big investments and trading since you are not aware of the crypto market flows. Study first the strategies to double your income. Hold your feeling when the crypto market goes down and establish your limits when trading and investing in order to win the situation specially during break down of crypto currencies.

Yes I'm agree with you. We must learn about crypto currency market before we do investment to protect if we lose more. Crypto currency market is good for long term investment. We must wait at least 4-10 year, if we want earn much money.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:59:40 AM

Yes I'm agree with you. We must learn about crypto currency market before we do investment to protect if we lose more. Crypto currency market is good for long term investment. We must wait at least 4-10 year, if we want earn much money.
I am also thankful for that, as an investor we need not to panic because the behavior of bitcoin is like a roller coaster. As an investor its true that its too risky to invest in bitcoin but i could also say that it is a chance, its all up to you to take that chance or nevermind about it. You have to study its market and dont let your feelings eat your desire to be rich, be patient on holding your bitcoins. Patience is the value we need in this business.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:15:35 AM

As basic as all of this recommendations are, a lot of people don't know about it and even those who thought they know actually did not know but when you tell them, they feel since you are not the one taking the decision you don't know what it takes. In this crypto world of rapid change of status where in the morning you are gradually smiling at your wallet balance only before the sun set, you are putting on a frowning face hoping for the next morning if things might get better.

Ultimately, knowing your limit is the key in this 'world' whether to the positive side or the point where things are not going the way they wanted. A lot of people are blaming themselves today for not selling at the all time high period last year with the hope that price will touch $30000 and didn't even change their decision when the price was dropping simply because they don't know their limit.
sevenbits

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:20:06 AM

This post can be considered as a guide for beginning traders. It is absolutely true that one must always be patient and not give in to emotions
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

The reason why we do invest because of the potential earnings. But lets not forget the degree of risk involve. Consider the probability of losing your investment thus invest what you can afford to lose. I had a failed investment and the lesson I learned was to prevent from being too emotional on the potential returns instead be meticulous or keen to the very detail of the investment you will get into to lessen the degree of losing your investment.
Fafabol

Activity: 267
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

This post is an eye opening for everyone that greediness will always be no good, well I'm not saying OP is greedy but his action at first tells it so as he didn't know his limits and never put limits in his investment. He didn't know when to sell even he knew he already profited and instead to take profit he just let it slip away from his hand and didn't know ge actually losing.

The bottom line here is we should always put limit or target so we know if it's time to sell or hold for a moment.
urang

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:51:38 PM

Did you lost everyhting?Do you have a plan about how to recover your capital?
Your tips have little value for us,because so many people have posted the same tips here.Every trader should learn from his own mistakes.Every failure is just another step to  success.Just don`t give up and you will start making profits slowly.Why do you post your cryptocurrency portfolio here,OP?There are experienced traders,who can give you some useful tips.
[/quote
we have to be careful in what we are doing right now.because we have to know our limits.i just keeping on doing bitcoin for the better tomorrow  we are waiting for.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:02:35 PM

Everyone has limmitations even everything and all has limits. But knowing your limmitations is the beginning of wisdom. Knowing your limmitation is good because you can be able to adjust by yourself without help of others. But reaching more high beyond yourlimmitations is good.because you would be able ro try what is someting new about it.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:04:14 PM

The information you have shared and the content of the article has been quite beautiful and quality. Also an article that everyone should read and make a conclusion. I have a good conclusion about the lessons that need to be taken in the mistakes made and how to advance to the targets in an experienced way. Just as you said in the headline, everyone should know their limits and act accordingly. It is an important point not to be surprised at the targets in the direction of limits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: