Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help gpu not functioning right.  (Read 116 times)
noureldinmajed (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

Hello, I have a mining rig with 6x 1080 Ti but there is a card doesn't behave right I'm mining on nicehash and the whenever this card is connected the miner works for about a minute or two and show the message "unspecified launch" or "illegal memory access" i googled these errors it turns out that this errors comes up when there is a faulty overclocking but all my cards are running in stock speeds so i tried ccminer and it crashes or never starts or keeps spamming in the console "failed to validate results on cpu" when the errors mentioned from nicehash miner comes the rig becomes very slowly until i stop the miner and some times it crashes the nicehash miner and sometimes the whole windows and the rig is working perfectly fine with the other 5 gpus what should i do is it a gpu bios problem or what? the cards which is faulty is "EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2".

Thanks.

Forgot to mention i even tried underclocking this faulty card while trying it by itself and still the problem not solved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JukNi

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:16:55 PM
Merited by AmoreJaz (5)

Hello, I have a mining rig with 6x 1080 Ti but there is a card doesn't behave right I'm mining on nicehash and the whenever this card is connected the miner works for about a minute or two and show the message "unspecified launch" or "illegal memory access" i googled these errors it turns out that this errors comes up when there is a faulty overclocking but all my cards are running in stock speeds so i tried ccminer and it crashes or never starts or keeps spamming in the console "failed to validate results on cpu" when the errors mentioned from nicehash miner comes the rig becomes very slowly until i stop the miner and some times it crashes the nicehash miner and sometimes the whole windows and the rig is working perfectly fine with the other 5 gpus what should i do is it a gpu bios problem or what? the cards which is faulty is "EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2".

Thanks.

Forgot to mention i even tried underclocking this faulty card while trying it by itself and still the problem not solved.

How is your PSU(s), enought power for all of those. Huh
noureldinmajed (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:19:08 PM

Yes there is more than enough power,about 3000watt and i have seen when the power is not enough the rig just shuts down
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:19:55 PM

if it was the psu he wouldn't be able to run all of them, but instead its having issues with validating the work on the cpu,

first off till you post full system specs hardly anyone will be able to help you and those that can help prolly wont as you have not provided enough information

with 1080ti's that your running id say its a problem with the cpu being too shitty since its not validating the work from the gpus
that said, whats your spec's of the whole system that's having problems with 1 of the gpus

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

You say that sometime miner works perfectly with 5 GPU's, and at the start of OP you say that you mine with 6 GPU's. If everything works fine with 5 GPU's, maybe that 1 extra GPU is making problem (if its always the same one). I would suggest for you to try out every GPU and see which one is problematic. If that is not the case, and all GPU's work just fine, than its either software of its CPU like CryptoWatcher420 says. If its software than consider contacting Nicehash support, maybe they can help. Other than that, I guess we can not do much without more details.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Thanks.

If you missed to overclock the card perfect level means your card will malfunctioned and mining may not works better in the any algorithm buddy. Power supply not matter since you mentioned that you are having 3000 watts power supply to maintain the 5 cards.
Check the person who is best in overclock and please do not touch the bios setting. Samsung RAMs only give the high hash rate. If you overclock too much with the knowledge on it. With in 2 months effects will show out for sure buddy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:12:53 PM

Thanks.

If you missed to overclock the card perfect level means your card will malfunctioned and mining may not works better in the any algorithm buddy. Power supply not matter since you mentioned that you are having 3000 watts power supply to maintain the 5 cards.
Check the person who is best in overclock and please do not touch the bios setting. Samsung RAMs only give the high hash rate. If you overclock too much with the knowledge on it. With in 2 months effects will show out for sure buddy.

ya know before posting about something you should really read the OP's post, THE GPUS ARE NOT OVERCLOCKED, in fact he even states he tried to UNDERCLOCK them. do you have trouble fully reading peoples posts or what? there are many things that can cause a gpu to run unstable, but that doesn't mean its malfunctioning, malfunction implies its doing something that the gpu should not be doing like producing artifacts on a perm basis, that's a malfunctioning gpu. what he describes is NOT a malfunction but more of a slight issue

you missed the whole post, so please before posting read and understand what the OP is saying and or asking about

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:34:41 PM

Patch the GPUs and set to 'compute' rather than 'graphics' processing.

Make sure your drivers are up to date.

Merit me or don't.
noureldinmajed (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:13:05 AM

Patch the GPUs and set to 'compute' rather than 'graphics' processing.

Make sure your drivers are up to date.

Can you please tell me how to set it to compute not graphics ?
agricointech

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:55:54 PM

Do you enabled [Above 4G] in bios ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: