Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:41:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why KYC is important?  (Read 477 times)
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:07:53 AM

kyc is part of regulation,i think somehow is a welcome development.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:12:42 AM

I do recognize imposing of KYC on crypto as a welcome development since this whole KYC process goes against what crypto generally stands for. The primary reason majority of the investors including myself entered the crypto market was to earn big profits(short term or long term) in an anonymous manner without being traced back to our original identity.

KYC effectively nullifies this and there is little difference between banks and crypto when it comes to investing in this aspect. I get why ICO's are implementing this stuff, but I do not support it.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
serkhio

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:18:17 AM

I never seen the importance of the KYC. Usually KYC is adopted to avoid laundry money, but in the ICO it is only to make sure that u are not from some countries like USA, China etc.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:27:51 AM

It is because in order to know and identify different information of your customer and for your customer. Also, it is to prevent criminals or other harmful entities to join or to partake if they have any bad plots. Also to prevent money laundering.

That's so it will important the KYC to the project to those who want to invest in the project. Actually it can easily avoid to the people that have bad intention in the project. So we cannot expect on that on why this KYC is so important on the project.

owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:29:58 AM

Now more and more companies are demanding KYC when investing in their project, and this is really a painful topic for investors. But I do not think that all data is collected for the use of our information or the transfer of this information to some services. Probably this is a forced measure for the project, to protect itself ...

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
cryptogirlboss

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:46:19 AM

Thanks for the explanation (and the shilling lol)

I still hope for a day where I can have a KYC service where I can use it for any ICO, instead of having to re do it every single time!

Its a huge waste of time if you think about and also not secure to provide data using google forms and such
peachaston4 (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:48:43 AM

Thanks for the explanation (and the shilling lol)

I still hope for a day where I can have a KYC service where I can use it for any ICO, instead of having to re do it every single time!

Its a huge waste of time if you think about and also not secure to provide data using google forms and such
Yeah. It is very tiring for investors to go through the whole process each time.
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:52:42 AM

It is because in order to know and identify different information of your customer and for your customer. Also, it is to prevent criminals or other harmful entities to join or to partake if they have any bad plots. Also to prevent money laundering.

That's so it will important the KYC to the project to those who want to invest in the project. Actually it can easily avoid to the people that have bad intention in the project. So we cannot expect on that on why this KYC is so important on the project.
KYC is very important because almost all present exchanges require all ICO projects to be KYC and 90% of all projects comply with this. I personally choose the project with KYC as it will help investors feel safer when investing and can remove bad people in the project.
joni727397sri

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:11:19 PM

Based on the above provisions, it is understood that through the implementation of the principle of knowing the customer, it is hoped that the bank can identify suspicious transactions in the beginning to mitigate various risks such as operational risk, legal risk, concentration risk, and reputational risk.
VernonRoshe

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

I do not think KYC important. I do not support it. And not when I'm not going to participate in the bounty companies KYC will require from their employees.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
longwintershere

Activity: 224

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:25:37 PM

A lot of ICOs are facing a problem from their investors due to the KYC. Voluntarily complying with KYC regulations provides many advantages to the Offeror and its investors, even if they are not currently explicitly mandated to enact such a process.

1. Cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement KYC processes. Thus, not running such checks poses a long-term risk to a project. The Financial Times reported that New York Stock Exchange-backed GDAX says it “plans to list only a fraction of the hundreds of new digital coins that have been invented this year”

2. Voluntary KYC compliance may help ICOs reach a larger global audience and expand the number of jurisdictions in which they can take place. Such compliance allows easier reach to investors in America, Britain, Canada and elsewhere.

There are other restrictions also imposed from SECs and banks which greatly limit the activity of the company in the future.

We know not everyone is happy about KYC and some people don’t agree with it ideologically, especially when it comes to cryptocurrencies, where transfers are anonymous, or at least pseudo-anonymous.

However, for the adoption to seamlessly occur, the company holding the ICO needs to have KYC, which otherwise will create issues for the company in the long run, which is bad for both the investors and the holder of the company.

Enkidu has it's pre-sale going on right now. The minimum viable product has been developed before the pre-sale.
Join our Telegram group for more information: https://t.me/enkiduofficial
Join our token sale here: https://tokensale.enkidu.io

**edit: KYC is not done by a company to know where their money comes from. To be honest, a company rolling out its ICO cares about the cash inflow and not about their identity. It is a means of due diligence so that they are not prosecuted by their country of operation.

it is necessary to protect themselves from the regulators. As now the regulations are not set for ICOs yet, they need to lay it out themselves and then when the regulation comes, hope it was enough

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

I read somewhere that the KYC is a requirement of the top cryptoexchanges
Britanshio

Activity: 226

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

I think its ceated to prevent investing big money from one investor. To control this he making identity their clients
For me they used KYC to avoid multi account and eliminate spammer.They decide it  because for them this is the best way to make them more relevant by giving tokens to thae only one person.
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:35:16 PM

A lot of ICOs are facing a problem from their investors due to the KYC. Voluntarily complying with KYC regulations provides many advantages to the Offeror and its investors, even if they are not currently explicitly mandated to enact such a process.

1. Cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement KYC processes. Thus, not running such checks poses a long-term risk to a project. The Financial Times reported that New York Stock Exchange-backed GDAX says it “plans to list only a fraction of the hundreds of new digital coins that have been invented this year”

2. Voluntary KYC compliance may help ICOs reach a larger global audience and expand the number of jurisdictions in which they can take place. Such compliance allows easier reach to investors in America, Britain, Canada and elsewhere.

There are other restrictions also imposed from SECs and banks which greatly limit the activity of the company in the future.

We know not everyone is happy about KYC and some people don’t agree with it ideologically, especially when it comes to cryptocurrencies, where transfers are anonymous, or at least pseudo-anonymous.

However, for the adoption to seamlessly occur, the company holding the ICO needs to have KYC, which otherwise will create issues for the company in the long run, which is bad for both the investors and the holder of the company.

Enkidu has it's pre-sale going on right now. The minimum viable product has been developed before the pre-sale.
Join our Telegram group for more information: https://t.me/enkiduofficial
Join our token sale here: https://tokensale.enkidu.io

**edit: KYC is not done by a company to know where their money comes from. To be honest, a company rolling out its ICO cares about the cash inflow and not about their identity. It is a means of due diligence so that they are not prosecuted by their country of operation.

KYC is obvious for projects that need to be legal and formal, but when it comes to looking outside we have not identified the real damage, not determined information, the use of KYC is still very difficult. towel for the players. If a third organization confirms that good projects are under control, I think this will be a positive development.
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:09:26 PM

Of course it would gladly help the developers on whoever they are giving their coins to. It's for security purposes.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Genzdra24

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:27:58 PM

The KYC is important because you must know who you dealing are.This process is  implemented by many industries even outside of the crypto space. This allows organisations to know the people they are dealing with, allowing them to filter out malicious individuals.This  is now standard practice for any legitimate ICO looking to raise funds. These processes not only benefit the project implementing them ,but also help to protect those with interests within the project.These processes are designed to filter out those with no real interest in the project’s success. They are simply interested in cleaning their dirty money by pumping and dumping in ICOs. It’s an easy way for criminals to launder their money, making it hard to trace its true origins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: