Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:52:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Data leak  (Read 760 times)
danilogmachado

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:26:32 AM

The SelfKey project seems to address this issue, but has given a violent drop in the market price
irfanrete

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:40:36 AM

KYK data leak? is only intersted in earn money but investments into security and better websites doesn't exist..
Unless an ICO really cares about their customers things like this will keep on happening,
I don't think all ICO's are in the position of running KYC's and their customers judgement is crucial for this, although not everyone understands the risks posting their personal information..
Miz

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:37:12 PM

Hacking private data is not an isolated case for a long time. I really don't understand why they required scans at the ICO stage. What's the point of that?
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:40:56 PM

Yes I know, there are a few ICOs in which I did not invest just because they looked to risky in terms of the KYC management, not simply for the project or anything.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:47:39 PM

i also registered to this ico with my own passport. this was last time. i will not send any of my documents to anywhere anymore. anyway it is better to buy from exchanges nowadays. And i dunno why do we need to send our passport to them. crypto market trades are anonymous..

turn the page
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:09:41 AM

And this is how your passports get on the dark web.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/07/sentinel-chain-ico-leak-passport/

I can not be sure of the integrity of the organizers of the verification of the KYC and for security reasons I refuse to participate in projects requiring verification.
cardoyasilad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:14:42 AM

This is one of the reason why i'm not joining ico requires kyc because there are chances that your data will be leaked we should go for civic and velix.id

Sr. Member / Hero Member / Legendary:

dClinic.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
. A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain .
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk | Reddit

Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:18:54 AM

Omg, this is one of my reason why im not joining some ico though its hard to put a trust as of now. Kyc procedure is a must right mostly on the icos?, but i think kyc procedure should be erase though lot of users being fooled by someone , so i suggest that be more aware thats all.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:29:34 AM

Since most tokens become cheaper after listing on the exchange, it makes no sense to buy them even with a bonus on ICO. If you take into account the fact that often ask for a KYC, then the purchase on the stock exchange looks most reasonable.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:55:49 AM

This is what I fear from KYC. Personally, I don't trust a stranger to get my detail personal information.
Crypto world should be anonym. But sometimes ICO destroy it with KYC thing.
bellanas

Activity: 392
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:07:05 PM

Therefore, I do not participate in such projects where you need to send documents or bypass them. I'm afraid for the leak.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:19:20 PM

That is very clumsy. I do hope that there will be no more cases of KYC data leaks. People trusted that this people will handle their private information carefully but look what happened, it's a mess. I recently signed up for KYC and I am hoping that my info is being handled well and will be secured.

deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:19:44 PM

That is why never to send your personal documents for KYC verification, I don't like this stuff because I am not sure to whom I am sending and it will be safe or not. As with these documents, anyone can impersonate your identity or it can be sold to in bad hands, and with that, they may use your identity to participate in other ICOs or using your identity for account verification on crypto exchanges or for other illegal stuff. Better to buy it from decentralized exchanges like forkdelta or IdeX.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:32:11 PM

As much as we do not want it, but the trend is that the KYC will ask more and more. To reduce the chance of using our data, we can send such documents as a driver's license. Also, on the photo of the document, you can write something like "for KYC only".

cool kong

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:34:49 PM

These are all bad ico teams who leaked our kyc data. I really hate this kind of thing. They are really irresponsible.

Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:55:02 PM

I cant understand how people invest in these ICOs leave alone giving their personal documents like passport to them. You have to be pretty crazy to trust these ICOs with no regulatory over watching them. Most of the ICOs currently are nothing but smoke.

Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:22:08 PM

Judging by the comments, those projects that introduce KYC seriously reduce the number of their potential participants.
madushanperis11

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:28:05 PM

Now things are getting out of order and control due to huge number low quality projects and ICOs. I have seen some websites asking KYC for bounty and airdrops and their intention it not KYC but to delay token distribution. They do not give any importance to people's privacy 
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:34:20 PM

This is why we cannot blame those companies or countries banning cryptocurrencies and ICOs because of this act. This is now the effect of KYC of those scams ICOs. If this continues, then everything will have a negative impact to the price and the whole crypto world.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
shazib083

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:37:20 PM

This is the main reason i dont usually participate in the ICOs. If anyone's data is so insecure in such space/company how can one be so satisfied with the tokens of the company. The Bitcoin was intended to be anonymous as well as its holders. However, this kind of new system of keeping KYC of the customers is out of the blockchain technology's primary motive. I scare some day some person will be affected for this so called KYC of cryptospace as there always some wrong hand behind the scenario.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: