Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:34:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Data leak  (Read 760 times)
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:38:15 PM

Now things are getting out of order and control due to huge number low quality projects and ICOs. I have seen some websites asking KYC for bounty and airdrops and their intention it not KYC but to delay token distribution. They do not give any importance to people's privacy 

There is a possibilities to leak the KYC details to the Darkweb sites as well as your Government authorities also share details to the corporates and advertisement companies. I see many news that some people steel the SSN ID information and etc.
This is not a right move by the both of this side dude. We need to invest on the ICO project unless we do not have faith on the project after we watch the white paper and believe that.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:44:43 PM

Yeah KYC is very common right now. Even in something like airdrop. An unbelievably people just want to give away their rightful identification documents for just a few dollars. In fact we don't know whether the company truly securing our data or not. I think people are just need to be more careful with their identity

voxdu12

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:47:50 PM

I hate kyc because of this, it's a double-edged sword, on the one hand it's a good hindrance to money laundering and other crimes, but at the same time your data may be in the hands of scammers and it's not known how they can use them

Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:48:48 PM

If you sent your data to someone on the Internet and do it regularly, then the chances that they will not be in the third party will tend to zero. The question is how to protect yourself from the undesirable consequences of such actions.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:53:12 PM

This is an example that KYC should not have for bounty hunters, investors with ICOs! Because our personal information can be used with evil. Even if we say that ICO's clean room is clean, it can be stolen from them! So we are careful about giving our personal information. And it's better not to give anyone here on the internet.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 06:55:20 PM

And this is how your passports get on the dark web.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/07/sentinel-chain-ico-leak-passport/
I have always had a problem with how ICOs ask for KYC documents and how they protect them from getting into the hands of unauthorized persons.that's very sad to say the least.

Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

This is what all ICO participants are concerned about. If the use of KYC may result in the use of personal or damaging data.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:32:10 PM

This is becoming an issue of security. What is the use of asking Bounty hunters to do KYC . I do not understand this, Hunters did not participate in the ICO, rather they only help in promoting the project. And most of them now are attaching bounty payout to doing KYC
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:41:17 PM

this is the problem with ICOs, and main reason why people dont join any of these verifications

they prefer to buy from exchanges

because you wont know how these people will use your IDs into something else

if you insist on contributing ICOs, better to have a fake ID
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:47:17 PM

This is the main reason why I have avoided all ICO's that require KYC verification.  It's not worth the risk and ICO's are not guaranteed to generate profits.  Sometimes it's just cheaper to wait and buy them off of the exchanges. 
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:47:35 PM

Guys, use special services. I think we need one or two dedicated services for KYC that will make all procedures. And it will save data as secure as possible. I hope project in my signature is one of such future services.
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:51:45 PM

Judging by the comments, those projects that introduce KYC seriously reduce the number of their potential participants.
If the project is not worth doing then you could just skip out on the KYC. It's a known fact that they could sell the information to someone.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:52:45 PM

Thats why I never invest in ICOs what wants my personal data. This is a crypto world and it must be simple - choosing a project and sending ETH. That's all.

And some people are giving their passports for airdrops...

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:57:15 PM

It will be better to buy any tokens you like from an exchange right after bounties are paid. It will be twice as cheap as during the ico, and nobody makes you disclose any personal data.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:07:42 PM

Checking with the transfer of the ICO team our identification data and a copy of the passports looks generally very stupid, as we as participants in the signature campaign do not invest in ICO projects. In order for this forum to advertise ICO projects, there is absolutely no point in providing this data. Now, to whom do we provide this data, if about 902 of the ICO campaigns were about a third fraudulent? It is absolutely natural that such data is then used for some bad purpose or even exhibited for general review. It is necessary to boycott such ICOs that require such a test. Perhaps you need to take some other active action.

refaelsh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:20:57 PM

Judging by the comments, those projects that introduce KYC seriously reduce the number of their potential participants.
This has its advantages... The number of bounty hunters has greatly increased in recent years. And about the vulnerability: identity theft is not the worst thing that could happen.
BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:34:15 PM

This has its advantages... The number of bounty hunters has greatly increased in recent years. And about the vulnerability: identity theft is not the worst thing that could happen.
Some investors not see in KYC nothing illegal. And they can don't understand all dangerous for their docs. But I always surprise which goal of KYC for bounty? We do not pay nay money that can be 'dirty'. But why??
dolcefarniente

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

As far as I know, the fulfillment of the requirement of passing the KYC procedure is mandatory only for companies and investors from the United States. In addition, bounty hunters should not pass KYC at all.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:39:32 PM

Well, I think this data leaking might be an important problem and it might lead to various problems for the other ICOs as well. As more numbee of people come to know about this, a lot of them might seriously stop investing in ICOs. There have been a lot of bad news about ICOs recently like the ad bans in social medias and I think this might add to them.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:41:02 PM

Some investors not see in KYC nothing illegal. And they can don't understand all dangerous for their docs. But I always surprise which goal of KYC for bounty? We do not pay nay money that can be 'dirty'. But why??

It doesn't matter if it's illegal or not. The most important is that all the data you give is going to a database. Who know what happen with this database after that. Who is going to buy it and is going to use it for?

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀