Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:16:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Data leak  (Read 760 times)
bingungsekali

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:05:26 AM

And this is how your passports get on the dark web.

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/07/sentinel-chain-ico-leak-passport/
most ICO and bounty now require KYC and ask for all of our personal data .. I totally disagree with KYC for fear of leaking our personal data and being abused for crimes for people who are not responsible. but on the other hand I agree, because this prevents the participation of projects to register multiple accounts.
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:14:26 AM

This is why KYC should be supported in cryptocurrency. We value our information also we should have privacy. Personal Information is so valuable if it gets by an unknown people they might use it for doing bad things.

Also bounty project should not ask KYC for bounty participant since they aint customer tho.

#KYCshouldstop
pk lurah

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:14:36 AM

I think it's a little frightening for me to remember how many KYCs I send for ICO projects. And As more and more people know about this, many of them may actually stop investing in ICO. There is a lot of bad news about ICO recently like advertising ban on social media and I think it might add to them.

cicak88

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:22:35 PM

The problem is that most ICOS now require KYC, the way it will be to use a third-party passport, but this makes it very difficult
JohnnyBG

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:38:46 PM

This is a big disadvatage of current digital systems, it is very dangerous to give private data like passport etc. in global platforms, when I faced requirement to provide such data first time I was confused. But I realize that these requests are fair, however I believe that one day (I wish it will happen as soon as possible) somebody will provide solution which would satisfy all parties.
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:28:03 PM

Gross and disgusting is the only way to put this. And moving ahead the only way to combat this problem is to talk with our feet, don't participate in ICOs that require KYC. Doing so exposes you to such risks.

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:22:08 PM

KYC is like a bone in my throat. You have to pass KYC if you want to invest in a good ICO as all of them require KYC now. And every time we pass KYC we face a risk of loosing our personal data Sad. It's not the first time when personal data got stolen, but it looks like ICO's don't care much about the security of our data.

Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:35:44 PM

most ICO and bounty now require KYC and ask for all of our personal data .. I totally disagree with KYC for fear of leaking our personal data and being abused for crimes for people who are not responsible. but on the other hand I agree, because this prevents the participation of projects to register multiple accounts.
I'm actually worried about the KYC data, but I always see from the other side that every project needs its investors data to meet the legal needs of each country.
because now ICO is also banned in some countries. but I hope developers can guarantee the KYC data security of investors
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

This is just pure b'shit. ICOs should really make sure that the personal information that we share them
will be kept private at all times and not be public in any way possible because we have given them trust
and investments. They should at least  keep our personal information safe because we are the ones that
can/have contribute(d) to their success.
rarg

Activity: 224

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:44:00 PM

This is what I fear so much. To be honest, KYC is very troublesome as a bounty participant. I think bounty participant should not to follow the KYC process.
As a team project, they should find another solution to against bounty abuses or scammer without using KYC process.

Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:39:44 PM

What would you advice for using KYC? Maybe is there some kind of the blockchain platform with KYC service that others ICOs using?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
susankhardman

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:26:59 PM

That's why I try not to deal with ICO's using KYC. You can never know for sure who is really standing behind the project and how your personal data can be used.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:36:17 PM

I also try not to participate in the bounty with KYC.  Because, for sure, I do not understand where my data is going.  Be careful and careful.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:40:28 PM

some airdrops want to have kyc too. that's a joke. and later we find our data in darknet or on the first page at google. then you can buy your own data   Grin Grin
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:45:58 PM

unfortunately my passport is already leaked several times. it is ridiculous to demand kyc for ico. even when i send kyc they dont accept sometimes or give a very small amount of cap to join. really bullshit...
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:24:43 PM

I think that such cases are in fact tens of times greater. Because not all projects take serious measures to protect the personal information of their investors.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

It's not really too surprising. But really it's just another red mark on the who ICO fiasco. Things are just getting worse over time and there's not much on the horizon to indicate that things are going to improve.
Twkasun52

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:34:15 PM

Nobody can guarantee that your data after passing the procedure KYC fall into the wrong hands. Many are afraid to go through this procedure, because they are afraid of leaking their data. Which, on the one hand, is correct. Initially, the anonymity of users was above all.
Totally agreed.We can see most of bounty managers are asking KYC from hunters.I think it is really unnecessary .Who can take such risk for few dollars.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:37:33 PM

Nobody can guarantee that your data after passing the procedure KYC fall into the wrong hands. Many are afraid to go through this procedure, because they are afraid of leaking their data. Which, on the one hand, is correct. Initially, the anonymity of users was above all.
Totally agreed.We can see most of bounty managers are asking KYC from hunters.I think it is really unnecessary .Who can take such risk for few dollars.

I totally agree, personally I wouldn't take that chance because we all know that once our data is leaked then we don't know how are those hackers going to exploit it (but for sure its something that will hurt us). So for bounty that are asking for KYC at least take careful of the data or even delete it totally once the bounty is completed and not put it on their servers or something that hackers can take their hands on them.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
oOVVVVVVVOo

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:39:38 PM

After I read about this case, I lost all my desire to give someone my real passport details. If such a leak happens, then someone can use my data and create a huge number of problems for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: