Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin/blockchain for social good - what are your ideas?  (Read 111 times)
sp564 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:55:23 PM

Since the blockchain can transmit many types of valuable data, finance is not the only area that will see benefits from the technology.

There are organizations, such as blockchain for good and blockchain for science, who are leveraging blockchain technology in ways that benefit all of humanity. Stanford keeps a google document with a list of such projects: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14BPQIqnDUTyinkp9eJ7bwYwsg22RJz0AVU9vOSSU94o/edit#gid=1835238919

We are all also familiar with the UN World Food Program using blockchain to track and help feed Syrian refugees, and the UN/Microsoft ID2020 program, which aims to equip millions of people with a digital ID.

If you were to start a blockchain company aimed at improving the world, what would you choose? Which problems would you address? What would you consider worth the effort?

Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:45:04 PM

There are a lot of people in my country who live below the poverty line. I'd like to start a blockchain company which will hire these particular people and give them required basic training and knowledge before hiring and utilizes these people to improve the blockchain in any possible way they are able to. 
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:50:24 PM

I will mostly address the problem of internet connectivity all around the world is in poor countries. In my country, most of the people are unaware of the growing technology all over the world due to lack of internet connectivity. Everyone in the world has right to use internet for the development and betterment of himself and acquire massive knowledge but now most of the people are unable to afford it or get is easily so I think using blockchain technology for this connective would be great way to use this technology for the betterment of the making all around the world.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:52:24 PM

I would choose the topic dealing with the data in governmental and all legislative documentaion. I would like to see the Blockchain technologies there mostly because it would prevent the total corruption and fraud. These are the key problems nowadays.But now it is impossible. It is a pity. Bitcoin and Blockchain may give lots of positive moments to our society.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:55:16 PM

I think one of the greatest challenges that we are facing today is space exploration where the technological advances are insufficient to fulfil the needs of big organisation like NASA. The internet no longer works in the space field and what we need is something bigger like blockchain. This tech can be upgraded to bigger block size and space data can be transmitted over this chain to solve long distance problems after the upgrades. I'm pretty sure that this looks very broad concept but according to me it's possible to program the blockchain in that way and thus make it bigger place to explore. :-)
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

There are thousands of areas that is going to take advantage of blockchain, and thousands of ideas unthought I think we need at least 10 year to see its real potential in the world.

Jo3Mus4shi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:21:12 AM

Hi there,

I was searching for "social good" and I got there..

I would like to introduce Horyou, a unique platform for social good, allowing to share ideas, be inspired and help each other. Horyou connects individuals, organizations and entities fostering social good.
Launched in 2013, Horyou social network gathers since then more than 250,000 users and 1,500 organizations from more than 180 countries.

They recently launched an initiative called Blockchain with a Purpose introducing HoryouToken, a utility token built to fuel the virtuous circle of Horyou interactions.

HoryouToken makes it possible for anyone to participate in social good by providing access to a traceable and intelligent philanthropic redistribution service called “Proof of Impact”, as described in their whitepaper.

The HoryouTokens can be used:
  • To reward Horyou community members from all continents for sharing their positive news and actions on the Horyou platform
  • To buy Spotlights or support directly the social good actions and causes on the Horyou platform or beyond benefiting from the disruptive tagging and traceability leveraging blockchain
  • As a mode of transaction inside and outside the Horyou platform, or within any platform or Fintech payment solution intended to support philanthropy and by proof of impact
  • To buy, sell or subscribe products, services and soft commodities enhancing social good within the future Horyou marketplace

To learn more about Horyou :

@sp564 is it possible to update your spreadsheet with this initiative?

Thanks !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: