Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:08:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you secretly hope the USA defaults so that BTC might skyrocket in price?  (Voting closed: October 17, 2013, 08:23:11 PM)
Yes - 81 (43.3%)
No - 50 (26.7%)
Encrypted Money Baby! - 56 (29.9%)
Total Voters: 187

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be Honest- who hopes the USA defaults so BTC skyrockets?  (Read 4234 times)
fleabag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:25:13 PM

YES let the USA go bust so a handful of you fucks who have 10 coins can make a few thousand. You are assholes!
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 11:50:04 PM

YES let the USA go bust so a handful of you fucks who have 10 coins can make a few thousand. You are assholes!

Congrats you captured the very essence of the Bitcoin Community.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:58:32 PM

i'd like to point out that Amerika has no intentions of paying off the national debt. They'll just keep on raising the debt ceiling until the end of time. See you in the quadrillions!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:16:54 AM

i'd like to point out that Amerika has no intentions of paying off the national debt. They'll just keep on raising the debt ceiling until the end of time. See you in the quadrillions!

Ya, no nation is going to pay off their national debt and every nation has one (which should be enough to make people ponder things a little bit but does not seem to be...)  Anyone who proposes paying down the national debt, or even arresting it's growth, is either lying to your face or is clueless about how modern monetary systems work.

As for the debt ceiling in the US, it's actually a pretty clever scam.  Both political parties have basically the same desires because they are owned by basically the same entities.  But they each have separate shticks that they use to herd their respective flocks of sheep.  The debt ceiling negotiations (among other constructs) are the way they 'agree' to pay off their sponsors without making their flocks to suspicious.  It's pretty funny to watch.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:24:49 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States

The federally budgeted (see below) military expenditure of the United States Department of Defense for fiscal year 2010, including the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, is.

Total Spending    683.7 billion

Audit of 2011 budget
Total Spending    $1.030–$1.415 trillion
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 12:29:58 AM

i'd like to point out that Amerika has no intentions of paying off the national debt.
Maybe, you don't know that.

They'll just keep on raising the debt ceiling until the end of time. See you in the quadrillions!

That's a surprisingly naive opinion for somebody who has a masked guy with a gun as an avatar.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:38:43 AM

The USA and other fiat debt laden countries will default or collapse at some point so they might as well do it now. I would like to see this madness come to an end in my lifetime. I realize it won't be pretty, but hey - who said going cold turkey would be fun? It is however, the right thing to do. Perpetuating the mistakes of the past, passing the hot potato and kicking the can again and again is not the solution. Of course, this is exactly what will happen so enjoy living the dream while it lasts.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:02:26 AM

The USA and other fiat debt laden countries will default or collapse at some point so they might as well do it now. I would like to see this madness come to an end in my lifetime. I realize it won't be pretty, but hey - who said going cold turkey would be fun? It is however, the right thing to do. Perpetuating the mistakes of the past, passing the hot potato and kicking the can again and again is not the solution. Of course, this is exactly what will happen so enjoy living the dream while it lasts.

Yeah debt settlements never happen and the world should totally use ethical standards out of this Ayan Rand novel.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: