Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Feeling Sorry for Mt. Gox  (Read 2196 times)
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:32:21 PM

It feels like they're the Internet Explorer of Bitcoin or something. I get that nobody thinks they're "smooth enough" compared to other exchanges, but whether you like it or not, without Gox, we wouldn't be where we are today. I know as of now its "cool" to hate on Gox, but I think that there is a large chance that they'll eventually do something to make a big boom in the industry again. Don't write the mountain of the map just yet.

Just my 2uBTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:35:33 PM

It feels like they're the Internet Explorer of Bitcoin or something. I get that nobody thinks they're "smooth enough" compared to other exchanges, but whether you like it or not, without Gox, we wouldn't be where we are today. I know as of now its "cool" to hate on Gox, but I think that there is a large chance that they'll eventually do something to make a big boom in the industry again. Don't write the mountain of the map just yet.

Just my 2uBTC.

They need to sort their withdrawals out.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:10:55 AM

Just my 2uBTC.

I heard that they are at least processing all non-USD withdraws.

Thats true, right ?

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:17:47 AM

Well, they at least their website is still online and not just taken down like some scammer..

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:29:37 AM

I'd be fairly satisfied if they simply gave customers honest and accurate information about what is going on.

That does not seem like it should be to much to ask, but there is clearly something I don't understand about business because it is extraordinarily unusual for any business to do it.  And pretty much unheard of in Bitcoin-land.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:02:27 AM

why do you guys use gox or even talk about it?

when you get robbed i will not cry for you... idiots make the world go round i guess.

Mt. Gox are well established and have been around a long time and been through a lot.

Thinking back, I seem to sort of remember you getting fucked in a way that was not clearly your fault, but I don't recall the details.  It had something to do with Bitcoinica IIRC.  Your case seemed to be a bit exceptional though.

That said, I halved my exposure to Mt. Gox before I did a BTC draw-down (basically my first), and my exposure currently is about what it was at Bitcoinica in the time frame before their implosion.  That is, highly minimal.  I'm not including the wire which is supposed to be in process, but it is for a USD value which was carefully choosen as an amount I could lose though still enough to fight for as a creditor.

I have to say, though, that I seem to remember you having more than a little to do with pirate@40's scam.  If you lost money it would be arguable that you are casting stones from a glass house.  And if not, that is possibly even worse.  I always call it as I see it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:12:54 AM

Unrelated Gox is lagging again, so much for their new and improved hardware.

I've noted the lag on Bitcoinity recently but it remains unclear whether it originates from their matching engine or some other part of their system or the WAN generally.

Is that (new hardware) publicly discussed anywhere?  And if so, do you have any pointers handy?

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:18:38 AM

why do you guys use gox or even talk about it?

when you get robbed i will not cry for you... idiots make the world go round i guess.

Mt. Gox are well established and have been around a long time and been through a lot.

Thinking back, I seem to sort of remember you getting fucked in a way that was not clearly your fault, but I don't recall the details.  It had something to do with Bitcoinica IIRC.  Your case seemed to be a bit exceptional though.

That said, I halved my exposure to Mt. Gox before I did a BTC draw-down (basically my first), and my exposure currently is about what it was at Bitcoinica in the time frame before their implosion.  That is, highly minimal.  I'm not including the wire which is supposed to be in process, but it is for a USD value which was carefully choosen as an amount I could lose though still enough to fight for as a creditor.

I have to say, though, that I seem to remember you having more than a little to do with pirate@40's scam.  If you lost money it would be arguable that you are casting stones from a glass house.  And if not, that is possibly even worse.  I always call it as I see it.

Gox never apologized so I will spend the rest of my life showing people who they really are.  (bitcoinica stuff was the second time)
I have to say, though, that I seem to remember you having more than a little to do with pirate@40's scam.  If you lost money it would be arguable that you are casting stones from a glass house.  And if not, that is possibly even worse.  I always call it as I see it.

And what if I broke even?  

BTW Gox did profit off of the pirate scam so there you go...

Unrelated Gox is lagging again, so much for their new and improved hardware.

Goz profited off of the pirate scam just like any other person selling Bitcoins. If pirate had decided to ponzi radishes then farmers would have profited off it, too.

Seriously, this is exactly the type of thinking behind the bullshit money laundering laws that Bitcoin avoids.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:41:06 PM

Just my 2uBTC.

Listen, empathy for suffering things is fine. Encouragement of bullshit is not.

Please do your part killing this offensive piece of shit scamsite. Never trade on MtGox. Not now, not ever. Every dollar you pay in taxes goes to feed some bureaucrat swine, pay for hospitals, education and bombers. Every dollar you pay in MtGox fees goes to feed swine exclusively.

Find a different exchange, trade there, never MtGox again.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 07:46:39 AM

Correct.  I received an EUR withdrawal today.  Smiley

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:48:53 PM

Exactly. Considering even US banks aren't allowing you to wire USD internationally, I'm tempted to blame the problem more on the USD itself than gox.

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:43:29 PM

It will be fixed soon.
Soon = in the future (indetermined)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:47:12 PM

How long did you wait for it? Tongue
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:49:52 PM

How long did you wait for it? Tongue
Almost 5 weeks.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
makebitcoin

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:54:12 PM

No need to feel sorry for a company that has made millions.
sturle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Most of their profit has either been seized by DHS (5.1 million USD) or stolen by Peter Vessenes (5.3 million USD).  Peter Vessenes stole user deposits, but MtGox has credited their users in full and are trying to get their money back from Peter Vessenes.

theonewhowaskazu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

I highly doubt they made much more than a normal person who had simply invested an equivalent amount into bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: