Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: what do you think is it possible?  (Voting closed: March 17, 2018, 06:54:46 PM)
yes - 5 (62.5%)
No - 2 (25%)
Not sure - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is going to be number one payment gateway in near future.  (Read 147 times)
Tarikul007 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:54:46 PM

Bitcoin is going to be number one payment gateway in near future.Most of the online payment gateway will accept bitcoin as main payment option.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:58:32 PM

Bitcoin is a long way away from being the no 1 payment and it may never get there. Firstly it needs to be an option before it can become the no 1. If it's a viable alternative to VISA for example then in time it can steal away the flow of money and replace it.

Tarikul007 (OP)

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:02:53 PM

Thanks friend for a great thinking. Absolutely its only possible when Bitcoin will integrate all safety for users.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:09:41 PM

I would rather vote for other coins, but I am sure that while lots of other coins die, bitcoin will be more powerful day by day. But whether it is going to be number one payment method is arguable.

devcracker

Activity: 53
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

Bitcoin is going to be number one payment gateway in near future.Most of the online payment gateway will accept bitcoin as main payment option.

Well, I do agree with that statement because bitcoin is the first and the only platform that allows digital transactions and it is much more powerful then other altcoins and has a reliable lifetime frame. In near future it will overcome the paper currency and normal bank transactions. I have read many online ecomerce stores allows Bitcoin as a payment gateway if I am not wrong.
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 07:22:09 PM

Well that's what Satoshi's vision was, that bitcoin to be used as a micro-payment scheme, sadly though, it has become just a store of wealth or as a form of investment and currently the whole scaling issue is still up in the air (although fees drop signficantly and the network spammer has stopped).

Maybe in LN would have been implemented, and it brings fees and network congestion to a minimum, then maybe we can see bitcoin being used as mode of payment in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:31:16 AM

Well that's what Satoshi's vision was, that bitcoin to be used as a micro-payment scheme, sadly though, it has become just a store of wealth or as a form of investment and currently the whole scaling issue is still up in the air (although fees drop signficantly and the network spammer has stopped).

Maybe in LN would have been implemented, and it brings fees and network congestion to a minimum, then maybe we can see bitcoin being used as mode of payment in the future.
Bitcoin is in its early stage, i think it will take a little more time to achieve its goal for which it has been created. Currently in few area people have the facility to use bitcoin for shopping online or in their local area. Although in some area people are using bitcoin for shopping in their store, but still majority of people do not know anything about bitcoin therefore they first need to get awareness about bitcoin and hope that then they will start taking interest in bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
ngoduc164

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:42:07 AM

I think it is very likely. There are currently many countries that allow usage and have explicit rules of use. I hope the btc price will be stable then it is the popular payment gateway.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:42:28 AM

I would rather vote for other coins, but I am sure that while lots of other coins die, bitcoin will be more powerful day by day. But whether it is going to be number one payment method is arguable.

which other coin you know that is used as a "currency" or a payment method? none!
well to be fair there are some usages for some coins like Litecoin but that is all, they are not big enough to be considered real usage. and these altcoins have been around long enough to have some real usage but they do not have it yet and there is no reason for that to change in the future either.

it is a sad truth but unfortunately altcoins will remain speculative tools for a very long time because they are designed for that purpose not for being a currency purpose.
but bitcoin is designed to be a currency first then it turned into speculative tool, that is why it is always growing despite all the volatility and all the drops,...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
sandybindra

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:49:14 AM

Bitcoin BTC is still the first choice for digital payment. If countries legalize the cryptocurrency then sure shot bitcoin will beat all other currencies.
Countries must understand the future of blockchain technology.
CryptoFanholic

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:11:45 AM

I don't think bitcoin can replace traditional payment gateway .. but other altcoins can do that... that's mainly because bitcoin needs 6 confirmations which in average takes 30 mins .. ranging from 12 mins to 1669 mins
here is the average confirmation time for last 30 days
https://thumb.ibb.co/ipqivH/bitcoin_conf.png
so one cannot wait that much time waiting for their order to confirm
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:20:25 AM

On a first thought, I could say bitcoin might not be able to wear that responsibility because of its disadvantages plus those disadvantages peculiar to cryptocurrency. On a second thought, because bitcoin is not manipulated and its maximum supply still remains at 21million , it could be an advantage because traditional fiat users sees fiat not to be manipulated.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:23:54 AM

I think that, that is one of the best thing that could happen to bitcoin and with how we are trending towards a cashless system and much more convenient financial system. I think that bitcoin actually has a chance on what to do and what to achieve as bitcoin has the power and the weight of the cryptocurrency market and its price value though it has suffered through some dips and some very low lows I teally think that bitcoin has much more potential than anything

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:43:00 PM

I don't think bitcoin can replace traditional payment gateway .. but other altcoins can do that... that's mainly because bitcoin needs 6 confirmations which in average takes 30 mins .. ranging from 12 mins to 1669 mins
here is the average confirmation time for last 30 days

so one cannot wait that much time waiting for their order to confirm
If you compare the average 30 minutes transfer time of bitcoin to cash, it's way too long to wait. If you compare it to 2-3 days international SWIFT transactions, it's really quick. You can decide what kind of tool you want to use for different needs. When the Lightning network will start and spread, the whole thing will change, because it will be the competitor of cash by then, but we need to wait for the LN because it's still under development. Until then, bitcoin will not be the competitor for the giants (VISA, MasterCard), nor to Paypal or AliPay. We can prepare for the LN implementation with starting to use segwit enabled addresses.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:47:41 PM

It is hard to belive that since bitcoin has many disadvantages for merchants like high fees and high volatility. We can solve the problem with the volatility because merchants can accept payment from different system that instantly exchange bitcoin into cash for them so that the buyer pays with bitcoin and the merchants receives cash but then we have to add the fee for exchanging that bitcoin is not little wven though it seems like 2-3% fee is low when we calculate a big quantity of money they lose a significant profit. Bitcoin will be used in the future for payments but it may never become the number 1 payment method.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:50:14 PM

im not so sure.
Governments and banks would do the utmost to prevent it after all
they have no control over it.  ATM there are too many issues yet to
be resolved with BTC to even come close.

It would also need more adoption, a hell of a lot more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Pansamantala

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:26:31 PM

I do hope so that your assumptions are correct. I think as soon as bitcoin's high volatility rate had been taken care of and it's value stabilizes, there wouldn't be any problem anymore. Bitcoin could become a currency. Bitcoin could serve its purpose once and for all. Just have to wait and never panic sell to ensurr bitcoin's success in the future.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:09:13 AM

this is very true because i was pleasantly surprised when i found out that even people in rural Jamaica was deeply involved in crypto trading its clear that this method is the way of the future its clear the merchants are really waiting on the demand and usage to increase because from all indications the merchants are willing to accept this form of payment but the current  level of usage is what is slowing the progress....people lets spend a portion of the coins we have, don't hold everything cause that's really not helping you in the long term .The more the acceptance and usage of bitcoins increases the more the price of the coins will increase as they are limited in numbers and this will push up the price as demand increases.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4463

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:11:54 AM

If you compare the average 30 minutes transfer time of bitcoin to cash, it's way too long to wait. If you compare it to 2-3 days international SWIFT transactions, it's really quick. You can decide what kind of tool you want to use for different needs. When the Lightning network will start and spread, the whole thing will change, because it will be the competitor of cash by then, but we need to wait for the LN because it's still under development. Until then, bitcoin will not be the competitor for the giants (VISA, MasterCard), nor to Paypal or AliPay. We can prepare for the LN implementation with starting to use segwit enabled addresses.
...but. when you look at LN with its cltv which can be a couple days, and the csv which can charge back... LN becomes no better than swift

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
amandavqm

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:33:36 AM

Bitcoin is a long way away from being the no 1 payment and it may never get there. Firstly it needs to be an option before it can become the no 1. If it's a viable alternative to VISA for example then in time it can steal away the flow of money and replace it.

Absolute accurate. I don't think there's a way where money will BE replace and also think Bitcoin is not going to in the top 3 preferred methods to pay. We already have several methods to pay online, therefore I believe is just going to be one more on the pile.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: