Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 month miner now posting on Bitcoin talk  (Read 901 times)
tremptek (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:23:38 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 09:04:31 AM by tremptek

Been using my mining rig of USB Asicminer Block erupters for some time now (scoff... i know)

Bought some bitcoins when they dropped bigtime after the whole DPR bust, so im making good headway thus far; looking to meet some great minds here!
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:30:48 AM

Bought some bitcoins when they dropped bigtime after the whole DPR bust, so im making good headway thus far; looking to meet some great minds here!

It seems that you will double your investment soon.  Wink

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:34:33 AM

Been using my mining rig of USB Asicminer Block erupters for some time now (scoff... i know)

Show off, I am the one who missed the boat...

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:36:40 AM

Kind of funny to watch the difficulty scream up; I started mining at the end of August with a 5gh Jally, boosted it to 8gh in early Sept, and at this point it's making 2 cents a day. The next difficulty level will probably sink it; oh well.

C
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 04:52:16 AM

Welcome! How much have you made? Did you reach roi?

stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:03:04 AM

Because USB Block erupters are bought with BTC, you can never reach roi (mine so much BTC as you used to buy these)

But USB Block erupters have entertaiment value as well, so not easy to judge  Wink
gooryheta

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:36:33 PM

Kind of funny to watch the difficulty scream up; I started mining at the end of August with a 5gh Jally, boosted it to 8gh in early Sept, and at this point it's making 2 cents a day. The next difficulty level will probably sink it; oh well.

C

Mining is crazy game, to mine the same amount of BTC daily, you need constantly buying new miners  Smiley

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:29:14 PM

Look at the huge Bitcoin difficulty jump which is going to happen in about 3 hours time. Time to say good bye to ROI.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:21:51 PM

Because USB Block erupters are bought with BTC, you can never reach roi (mine so much BTC as you used to buy these)

But USB Block erupters have entertaiment value as well, so not easy to judge  Wink

I am a mining noob but the difficulty was much less 3 months ago then now... He could have reached roi. I'm sure I am wrong though since I know almost nothing about mining...

chandrakant

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

Hey welcome to forum.
I am sure you will double your investment now.
Good time on buying btc  Wink
tremptek (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:03:31 AM

buying some BTC helped a lot more than the ASICminer's. They only generated ~0.1909 when i got them in the beginning of sept 0_o

dumb dumb me. When the DPR arrest happened i was like "too coinbase!" because of m gut feeling of when i really was interested in mining back in July when it was ~$65-70 per btc. Not really an ROI yet tbh, but i guess never say never, even though thats what every calculator says when i put in my mining stats XD
Cheeseheaven

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:16:45 AM

bitcoin virgin Cheesy
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:25:41 AM

History showed buying BTC was better than preordering ASIC mining, but how could you know it earlier  Huh

The way you did both, saved you  Smiley

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:30:32 AM

History showed buying BTC was better than preordering ASIC mining, but how could you know it earlier  Huh

The way you did both, saved you  Smiley

Preordering ASICs could have made you a lot of Bitcoin, provided you were one of the first to receive yours Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: