Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back At it, with questions  (Read 1045 times)
Eaks77 (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:49:19 AM

Hey Everyone,

Well it's been about 8 months since I was mining for bitcoin.  I have a couple computers set up, bringing in around 3.5-4.5Ghs.  Not much, especially now with the crazy difficulty number with bitcoin.  I stopped mining because of the heat being put off during a Canadian Summer... well winter is a coming!  Cool operation!

Anyways... I remember hearing that mining other currencies (LTC) and swapping them over to BTC is the best way to make $$.  Has anything changed in the last 8 months?  Also, i remember hearing there's some software out there that will automatically mine a currency depending on it's yield into BTC.  Does this exist?

Thanks! 
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:56:59 AM

There are some pools that you can mine the most profitable alt coin atm and exchange it with bitcoins afterwards... Just search the forum..

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:58:43 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 12:45:37 PM by hulk

Hey Everyone,

Well it's been about 8 months since I was mining for bitcoin.  I have a couple computers set up, bringing in around 3.5-4.5Ghs.  Not much, especially now with the crazy difficulty number with bitcoin.  I stopped mining because of the heat being put off during a Canadian Summer... well winter is a coming!  Cool operation!

Anyways... I remember hearing that mining other currencies (LTC) and swapping them over to BTC is the best way to make $$.  Has anything changed in the last 8 months?  Also, i remember hearing there's some software out there that will automatically mine a currency depending on it's yield into BTC.  Does this exist?

Thanks!  

middlecoin.com is what you are looking for, but the profit is not as good these few weeks.

Eaks77 (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:12:36 AM

Excellent, thanks hulk!

Simple question... since I havent mined in forever... but is it even worth it to mine with 3.5-4.5Ghs?  Even using middlecoin.com? 

There's probably a calculator out there, but thought i'd just ask.

Thanks!
hulk

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:47:41 PM

Excellent, thanks hulk!

Simple question... since I havent mined in forever... but is it even worth it to mine with 3.5-4.5Ghs?  Even using middlecoin.com? 

There's probably a calculator out there, but thought i'd just ask.

Thanks!

It really depends on your electricity charges, but for simple calculation you can use this http://middlecoin.com/profitgraph.html. Averaging about 0.015 per MH/s so you should get about 0.06 Bitcoin per day with your 4Mh/s. Hope that helps Smiley

Eaks77 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

Thanks for the info... i'll take a look.

Fortunately in my Apartment building, my electricity is a fixed cost per month. Cheesy
Eaks77 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:24:43 AM

that link for the profitability didn't work.  Is 0.06BTC/day a good estimate?  if so.. ouch.  Things have certainly changed!  if my math is right, that would bring in under $300 a month.
hulk

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:12:29 AM

that link for the profitability didn't work.  Is 0.06BTC/day a good estimate?  if so.. ouch.  Things have certainly changed!  if my math is right, that would bring in under $300 a month.

Yup, and is dropping each day due to the Bitcoin price increases and Scrypt alt-coin reduces. So I believe it is no longer a good estimate. Maybe about 0.05BTC/day now Smiley

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 05:56:52 AM

Yup, and is dropping each day due to the Bitcoin price increases and Scrypt alt-coin reduces. So I believe it is no longer a good estimate. Maybe about 0.05BTC/day now Smiley

at a btc price of 180 that's 9 dollars per day or roughly the same 270 per every 30 days if you were on the most profitable coin and not necessesarily autoselling for the market price.  I would be on a limit order scheme if I were you and you could likely see more than just .05 btc a day.  Im doing 25 GH at like .05 btc a day so I don't know where those numbers came from. 

fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 07:50:08 AM

at a btc price of 180 that's 9 dollars per day or roughly the same 270 per every 30 days if you were on the most profitable coin and not necessesarily autoselling for the market price.  I would be on a limit order scheme if I were you and you could likely see more than just .05 btc a day.  Im doing 25 GH at like .05 btc a day so I don't know where those numbers came from. 

Are you mining BTC directly?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: