Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:44:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: International Bitcoin's Day  (Read 271 times)
stuffokator (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:58:26 PM

Hi,

I was wondering is there a designated date when people around the world celebrate Bitcoin invention or creation of cryptocurrencies in general? I mean commonly accepted tradition, something like International Programmers' Day:

Programmers are greeted with positive comments like “Happy Programmer’s Day” in some work environments on International Programmers' Day. The observance is also mentioned among programming communities in online forums and social media, including on Facebook or Twitter.

I think it would be fun to have such a day for the crypto community  Wink
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:17:53 PM

there is Bitcoin Pizza Day which is celebrated on May 22. as you now Laszlo Hanyecz bought two pizzas for 10 000 BTC and this fact made bitcoin famous. I think this purchase made very much for promoting bitcoin.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Rkss4

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

I like and support this proposal. Bitcoin a digital online currency have no observing day. Bitcoin international observing day should be proposed. One say people take a better step to observe it as internationally.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:28:22 PM

every day is the best day for the cryptocurrency community
we can see how much we get from valuable information in this forum
every day, is our day

baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:38:25 PM

In my opinion this is hard to do, because Bitcoin is not popular worldwide, some countries accept Bitcoin, but others do not accept Bitcoin. Bitcoin does not depend on any country. But if there is a big country that makes a day for Bitcoin, I think, they will spread around the world and gradually be known.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

Neither when I thought about such a day, but I think buying pizza played its huge role and how much growth after that went on the schedule, and a lot of seias still coins past bitcoin, so you need to call it another Day Altcoin Day!)))
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1508

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:00:37 PM

Hi,

I was wondering is there a designated date when people around the world celebrate Bitcoin invention or creation of cryptocurrencies in general? I mean commonly accepted tradition, something like International Programmers' Day:

Programmers are greeted with positive comments like “Happy Programmer’s Day” in some work environments on International Programmers' Day. The observance is also mentioned among programming communities in online forums and social media, including on Facebook or Twitter.

No we don't have any such day to remember the greatest financial invention of this decade because we live everyday with bitcoin. May 22, is the only day that is celebrated as bitcoin pizza day. If you are willing to know the story behind it, try googling it.

But I have a great idea to celebrate a day dedicated to bitcoin. While most of such "days" are constant in nature, lets have dynamic days for bitcoin that will change every year. The idea is to pick a date in last year, when the bitcoin price reached the top position.

For example, bitcoin price reached its peak value on 17th December last year. So the bitcoin day will be celebrated on the same day in 2018 to remember the best performing day for bitcoin. For 2019, we will pick up the date from 2018. How is the idea?

Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:54:40 PM

It seems that until now has never been celebrated international bitcoin day, and if at any time there is an international bitcoin day I am very happy, and it needs to be held.
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:13:23 AM

Why we even celebrate it on such a day? Instead celebrate it everyday? celebration that it is going up and is falling down. We are trusting bitcoin technology through thick and thin. Smiley
Mickznet

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:20:15 AM

This is good idea to all bitcoin lover, how about the other crypto's it's better to include them in that day. Maybe it is best to make a title that include all digital currency, like "Digital Currency Day" "Blockchain Day" or
Crypto's Day and other suggestion out there.

BACE Exchange : https://bace.io/
Pre-ICO starts on 02.04.2018
Simpler Access to Digital Assets
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:27:38 AM

It's great to have International Bitcoin Day in support of new technology and history as to how and when Bitcoin started. At this time, it's hard to have this celebration because there are more people in the world than bitcoin but it's time to be accepted by government and people.

#Datarius
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:51:46 AM

It's really an international day for bitcoin currencies, and it would be a great thing to do to bring a positive impact on the development of the world of cryptocurrency.
Marrying_Couch

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:58:30 AM

For now it may still not be possible, because not all countries legalize bitcoin, so it is not possible to be given a birth warning of bitcoin worldwide, if only for disebuah communication may be realized. It is expected that in the future there will be a birthday warning bitcoin around the world, if bitcoin has been legalized in all countries.
handsomes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:59:59 AM

Yes because the bitcoin is continued to get investor and result of bitcoin positive impact for us, So currencies support government for the event.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

indeed the bitcon is worldwide but to be understood that not all countries can and legalize bitcoin, as in my own country, the authority associated with banking does not admit but does not prohibit to trade. so there are still many countries that can not receive fully. presumably to delay some more time.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:40:49 AM

Hi,

That is very hard to do since bitcoin is decentralized. Organized groups who have a center agencies can make such programs and activities. In order for bitcoin to have such approved program and activities there must be an organization enlisted so they can propose a bitcoin day. There are legalities to be considered and I guess it is hard to do that except if we will make a consensus.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:45:34 AM

Well, it will be good to have one, and the best day will be when the first Bitcoin transaction was made, it will be good for the whole community and we should also choose a location that is very much associated to Bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:53:44 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 02:06:43 AM by franky1

bitcoin genesis:
https://blockchain.info/tx/4a5e1e4baab89f3a32518a88c31bc87f618f76673e2cc77ab2127b7afdeda33b
3rd january 2009

first non genesis block
https://blockchain.info/tx/0e3e2357e806b6cdb1f70b54c3a3a17b6714ee1f0e68bebb44a74b1efd512098
9th january 2009

first tx out:
https://blockchain.info/tx/f4184fc596403b9d638783cf57adfe4c75c605f6356fbc91338530e9831e9e16
12th january 2009  (satoshi to hal)

first tx out of real value:
https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d
22nd may 2010 (bitcoin pizza)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
mkhjhv

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:56:52 AM

Why do we need to find a special day to celebrate? Every day is our celebration day. Every day, Bitcoin will bring us different things. Of course, Bitcoin has not yet been formally recognized by many countries in the world and these festivals will not be allowed.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:05:12 AM

Hi,

That only possible if applied in country which not ban bitcoin, the government issue the policy about all special day. Bitcoin need more countries acceptance. Bitcoin's day will become a symbol of economy democracy. That is really good idea we should support this idea, it will be good for bitcoin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: