Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 02:16:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you in support of paying your taxes in Bitcoin?  (Read 315 times)
potzpotz

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:51:16 AM

Recently, Georgia is trying to pass a bill allowing payment of taxes in Bitcoin.

Bill GA-SB464 ?requires the state revenue commissioner to accept cryptocurrencies for payment of taxes and license fees.?
This allows for people in Georgia to pay their taxes and license fees in cryptocurrencies.

For more info on Georgia's stance, see https://stopthefud.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/georgia-bitcoin-taxes/

But do you think paying your taxes in Bitcoin will be a good thing for Bitcoin? Or is it another way the government is trying to take our Bitcoin?
Yes I'm in full support of paying taxes for bitcoin because as a  citizen of my own country it is my obligations to pay taxes
andrew1carlssin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:58:03 AM

Recently, Georgia is trying to pass a bill allowing payment of taxes in Bitcoin.

Bill GA-SB464 ?requires the state revenue commissioner to accept cryptocurrencies for payment of taxes and license fees.?
This allows for people in Georgia to pay their taxes and license fees in cryptocurrencies.

For more info on Georgia's stance, see https://stopthefud.wordpress.com/2018/02/24/georgia-bitcoin-taxes/

But do you think paying your taxes in Bitcoin will be a good thing for Bitcoin? Or is it another way the government is trying to take our Bitcoin?
Yes I'm in full support of paying taxes for bitcoin because as a  citizen of my own country it is my obligations to pay taxes

sorry about my question ... but what country you own ? I even don't have my own micro-nation yet ...

Satoshi's book editor; SCIpher - https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/scipher.html
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:03:40 AM

for me tax is good but this is already good by now so there's no need about that

actually here in my country we need permit to run a business here in crypto so we pay some tax already by that

Business man will pay tax if they earn but if they not of course they will leave crypto and also users of it so this is good and this is bad too
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:08:56 AM

As much as I think it is great the government recognizes bitcoin as a payment method, if I earn in USD why would I pay them in BTC? I would prefer to pay them in the same currency I get paid in because if you pay with crypto I feel it is a way for them to know you are trading or have a different source of income and will next want to tax you on that.
bryan21

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Yes I support paying tax in Bitcoin, because I believe if we paid tax is mean that country already trust, legalized and regulation bitcoin. And use bitcoin for transactions in big company. Bitcoin will grow faster in that country.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
yyui

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:30:03 AM

In the past year, most people who hold Bitcoins are making money from Bitcoin. Now that the Americans are ready to impose tax on Bitcoin, the IRS hopes to reduce bitcoin profits. With unprecedented gains and unprecedented law enforcement, this year will be a year in which tax collectors take seriously bitcoin revenues. This means that now you must ensure that everything you do is normal and that there are no tax evasion problems. I support bitcoin taxes.
Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:30:30 AM

in my own If Bitcoin can be used to pay taxes, it is very likely that Bitcoin will be legalized. The government opposes Bitcoin because Bitcoin does not pay taxes and damages their interests.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:38:27 AM

Not really a big fan of such in the usa ..but in my case

1) bank told SEC I was up to something in 2013 ..on basis all BTC was evil then (fun times) (cleared) as a result
    already on radar ..that boat sailed

2) If you ever want to spend your crypto for $$$ you need to pay taxes..or else if you go over too much...IRS will figure it out..thus
    my plan is AFTER TAXES my crypto is still worth more than enough for travel/trophy girlfriend/retirement/etc

But again, I was caught up in the gov't net a long time ago in 2013 and had to prove my bona fides to the powers that be..thus gonna always be a house cat
unable to run free in the crypto woods like others...neutered Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
godrey123

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:44:42 AM

personaly speaking, I would not pay my taxes in bitcoin. Smiley the transactiin fees that we pay ate already to big, and paying taxes will make the cut much bigger. But it is a good thing that in the US they will start accepting bitcoin as payment. With that more people will be more curious about bitcoin and they will ve involve in it.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:54:41 AM

It is a very good news if governments do accept bitcoin to pay our taxes and it will be a start for bitcoin to go mainstream but i would not pay my taxes with bitcoin because it would be a way for government to slowly chip away my holdings.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:23:51 AM

Personally I wouldn't pay my taxes in bitcoin. But it is a good news for the crypto community as a whole. Because if an US state start accepting bitcoin for any payments, it will make bitcoin legal tender in that state. Bitcoin will also receive free promotion which may make a lot of people intrigued about bitcoin which can significantly boost the adoption rate.
This is the government trying to get hold of bitcoin.

I agree with you, i won't pay taxes for my bitcoin transaction because in the first place this is why i like bitcoin because it is decentralized and has no taxes involved no matter how big the transactions are.

Nevertheless, I think this has a good impact for bitcoin too on it's acceptance rate all over the world.
garen21

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:47:05 AM

bitcoin users do not have to pay the tax rate because if this happens it will reduce the bitcoin users' income just how profitable investors are and they are investing little money out of their income and dropping the price of bitcoin they are losing.
handsomes

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:54:10 AM

Actually I pro support of paying taxes if the bitcoin always good for my income and just equal for employees pay a taxes so my point I  agree for that.
McPhillipX

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:58:51 AM

Ah, nobody said it so I'll be the first: taxation is theft  Cheesy

Anyway, bitcoin is the most efficient currency in comparison to fiat, so I'd rather pay in bitcoin than fiat, yes.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:00:01 AM

If you want bitcoin to be legalised in every state than paying tax is the only way you can achieve it.Every individual,Who is earning money from whichever sources has to pay tax for their income and that is the way every country's financial system works.And I am totally in support of paying taxes in bitcoin.  

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:02:02 AM

definitely i am in support of this move , because what this really is is an indication from the government that they are now recognizing the legitimacy of bitcoins . Paying our taxes in bitcoins is the same as paying in cash , the only difference is bitcoins provides ease of transaction.

BitChief

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:03:25 AM

Actually I pro support of paying taxes if the bitcoin always good for my income and just equal for employees pay a taxes so my point I  agree for that.

Yeah I agree, plus for money crypto businesses this will make things much simpler. You could essentially write smart contracts to pay employees taxes and corporate taxes, which would be a far more efficient process and easier for employers.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
IMMBAGGA

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:12:32 AM

If I have to pay taxes I have to pay it from my savings and if I pay it via bitcoin what is the difference then.  I pay fiat or BTC just my money going away so no difference.
rabit2018

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:14:35 AM

Thanks Georgia for good step about bitcoin. It's a very good sign to bitcoin. And I am also support this to pay tax with bitcoin.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:16:31 AM

The total amount of BTC is just 21M less those were lost forever. If we start to pay taxes in bitcoin, it will be less than 5 years and all the btc will belong to them. How is this going to be decentralize? Its not going to be the best option, lets just use the money they create after all the government created those fiat money and so they shall accept it unless they completely banish those fiat as well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: