Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling Idea? Go or No?  (Read 1630 times)
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:24:29 AM

Alright so I came across this idea for gambling using the TX ID of bets which would be sent through.

Simply send a bet to (address here) and if the last digit of the TX ID is an even number you win 1.98X your bet in return,

What I want to know is: Is this a good idea and Can someone exploit this in any way?
tonino

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:41:43 AM

Alright so I came across this idea for gambling using the TX ID of bets which would be sent through.

Simply send a bet to (address here) and if the last digit of the TX ID is an even number you win 1.98X your bet in return,

What I want to know is: Is this a good idea and Can someone exploit this in any way?

I dont know if it is a good idea but could you please tell me % how much the house edge is if You pay 1.98X the bet? for example I bet 1 BTC so what would I get paid and what is the house edge?

thanks
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:45:24 AM

I dont know if it is a good idea but could you please tell me % how much the house edge is if You pay 1.98X the bet? for example I bet 1 BTC so what would I get paid and what is the house edge?

thanks

The house edge is 1%, hence why you would get paid 1.98x your bet (50% chance of winning).

If you bet 1 btc you would receive 1.98 btc in return.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:56:03 AM

What I want to know is: Is this a good idea and Can someone exploit this in any way?[/b]

Terrible idea. I can find out my TXID before I send it to you, generate lots of transactions, only keep the ones with TXID last digit even and win every time.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:59:53 AM

What I want to know is: Is this a good idea and Can someone exploit this in any way?[/b]

Terrible idea. I can find out my TXID before I send it to you, generate lots of transactions, only keep the ones with TXID last digit even and win every time.

How is this possible?

Thank you for the information!
gamybtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:38:35 AM

If you can really find out, you can become rich overnight without doing anything Smiley

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:40:05 AM

This. Players will broadcast only winning txids and discard everything else...

bentl

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:05:07 AM

> Gambling for jun why not ?
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:12:26 AM

How is this possible?

When you signing TX you use private key + random number. Changing the random number generate different TXID
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

How is this possible?

By creating a raw transaction using the json API, hashing it -> TXID. Find all even TXIDs, discard odds ones, submit -> win.
bit777

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 09:08:33 PM

You should take a look at our instant gamble. We have already built this game and it works rather well: https://www.bit777.com/support/instant_gamble.aspx . We have had this game for the past 2 months. It can't be cheated by the method above, because it also uses the 2nd hash generated by blockchain.info api when rerouting the transaction towards the final address.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah SELF PROMOTING LINK HERE Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

No need to advertise your site here.
tonino

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:47:18 AM

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah SELF PROMOTING LINK HERE Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.

but why not see it different. actually maybe he wanted to help You by showing how it works and that Your idea might be good but already offered on the bitcoin market.
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:43:11 AM

but why not see it different. actually maybe he wanted to help You by showing how it works and that Your idea might be good but already offered on the bitcoin market.

His idea is different to mine.
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:08:55 AM

You should take a look at our instant gamble. We have already built this game and it works rather well: https://www.bit777.com/support/instant_gamble.aspx . We have had this game for the past 2 months. It can't be cheated by the method above, because it also uses the 2nd hash generated by blockchain.info api when rerouting the transaction towards the final address.

How can that possibly be provably fair? The outgoing transaction contains the winnings which means the odds have already been computed, so you can't possibly use that hash to compute the random number.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:20:11 AM

How can that possibly be provably fair? The outgoing transaction contains the winnings which means the odds have already been computed, so you can't possibly use that hash to compute the random number.

It is not provably fair, and the link he provided does not claim that it is provably fair.

From what I can see, you can prove how the results are calculated, but you cannot prove that it is fair.
imagereply

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:55:40 AM

It is not provably fair, and the link he provided does not claim that it is provably fair.

From what I can see, you can prove how the results are calculated, but you cannot prove that it is fair.

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/Are+you+for+real+man+Jesus+Christ+do+you+not+_84dee4bd81a89f503bbb65ca10940327.jpg
bit777

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:56:59 AM

We don't have control over either of the 2 hashes. They both come from the blockchain. Hence, we cannot manipulate the outcome in any way. Hence it is provably fair.
monsterer
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

We don't have control over either of the 2 hashes. They both come from the blockchain. Hence, we cannot manipulate the outcome in any way. Hence it is provably fair.

That's not how it supposed to work. Provably fair means you give the players a key before they place the bet, which they can then use after they've lost or won to confirm that there was no cheating.
imagereply

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:04:04 PM

https://lh3.ggpht.com/--nlocNUuLjk/TdE91pktk_I/AAAAAAAAAGQ/J6D2FEXdj3s/s400/LabelForItSucks.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: