Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:58:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My bitcointalk account was stolen  (Read 188 times)
davida123 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:38:35 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:29:06 AM by davida123

So, a long time ago I was a regular visitor and contirbutor to bitcointalk, last posted back in Sept 2014 when I had a change in circumstances leaving me with no time to chat. I came back only to find there is a guy using my account. Has this happened to anyone else?  Something fishy going on, I had a secure passowrd on the account

Username:   davida
Profile:         https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=80189

I will send him a private message to see what he has to say, but I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this!
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:42:26 PM

Theft will still happen often and it is very detrimental, my friend had also experienced like you and then it has been hero level and it is very painful to remember.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:48:57 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:55:54 AM by justine11

Move this topic on meta section. Then post your proof of ownership by signing a message from your staked address in your hacked account and also, notify the DT users to tagged your hacked account for the meantime to kick him in the campaign and preventing joining to other campaigns and send a PM to cyrus and theymos once a week and also be patient you are not alone.
davida123 (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:53:19 PM

Move this topic on meta section then post your proof of ownership
How would I go about moving thread?

I'm not that sure I could prove ownership... Apart from the dates and ip locations of my logins back in 2013-2014 (i was living in multiple countries).. But I doubt they still hold that on record.

After dwelling on this for the past 15 mins, I am just getting more and more pissed off. Who is this guy?
davida123 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:05:15 AM

OK it's become clear. The account was hacked to shill a shitcoin, he has only started a couple of topics, within days of his first post he is shilling a coin called VIRTA UNIQUE COIN

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;threads;u=80189;sa=showPosts

OMG I'm angry.

EDIT: His first post was actually asking how to recover my deleted private messages. OMG what a freaking scammer.
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:21:59 AM

Account theft is a frequent occurrence, and account accounts with a high rank rank become one of the goals, my brother had experienced the account incident in theft, it is very annoying.
davida123 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:22:42 AM

Can anyone advise me of a mod's username so I can contact to discuss this. Thanks
conanmori

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:26:05 AM

Move this on Meta and wait for Theymos to ask for your ownership and hope you can get it back.

roadsirm

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:29:13 AM

it is now difficult to create an account, so that they by various means steal something that is the rights of others. for now I will still be careful with my account because it will probably be their target in the future.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:30:05 AM

Move this topic on meta section then post your proof of ownership
How would I go about moving thread?

I'm not that sure I could prove ownership... Apart from the dates and ip locations of my logins back in 2013-2014 (i was living in multiple countries).. But I doubt they still hold that on record.

After dwelling on this for the past 15 mins, I am just getting more and more pissed off. Who is this guy?

I do think that you should at least try and ask the moderators about it and fussing about it won't get you anywhere try to bribe him out of your account if it really is yours and if you don't know how to shift the thread make a new one at least .

Also one can easy determine from the post quality that who wrote it and if the owner was shifted ...

To be honest I don't think you have a fair chance of recovering your account . Provided you have some solid proof !

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
davida123 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:34:23 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2018, 12:53:30 AM by davida123

it is now difficult to create an account, so that they by various means steal something that is the rights of others. for now I will still be careful with my account because it will probably be their target in the future.
Account theft is a frequent occurrence, and account accounts with a high rank rank become one of the goals, my brother had experienced the account incident in theft, it is very annoying.
Theft will still happen often and it is very detrimental, my friend had also experienced like you and then it has been hero level and it is very painful to remember.

3 very suspicious posters right here, it appears to me that people are trying to gain reputation on multiple accounts by posting any old crap, probably to shill the next scamcoin. I guess that's a warning to newcomers, don't believe anything you read on this site, it appears to have gone to shit. Shame, because back in 2014 it was full of smart and interesting people.

Edit: Looks like another one below Undecided Undecided  bitcointalk is dead  Cry
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:41:47 AM

Such an incident is very annoying, especially if the account rank level is high, I also have experienced things like that, but I am very happy because the thief returned my account again.
Jack Dragon

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:01:06 AM

You may access here and do follow this instructions
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:04:39 AM

Mostly happened of such incident like this, because of difficulties to rank up, that's why there are some person intentionally hacks other accounts, most especially those higher ranks already, let us double careful today, because there are some personalities today are studying on how to hacked easily. If we all know, there are many people here working as a professional in computer accessed. Hopefully bitcoin management would have immediate strong defense system against all hackers plan.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Jossy111

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:06:11 AM

well am sorry for your loss, kindly move this question to META that is the place this issue can likely be visited and treated. I wish you  are able to recover your acct. I wish you good luck in your recovery my friend.
andrew1carlssin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:10:31 AM

this forum ( Simple Machines ) ... as almost all popular social networking have limited security parameters ... I try to build my ID by other means ...

be someone on this forum is really important for you ?

Satoshi's book editor; SCIpher - https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/scipher.html
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:13:36 AM

So, a long time ago I was a regular visitor and contirbutor to bitcointalk, last posted back in Sept 2014 when I had a change in circumstances leaving me with no time to chat. I came back only to find there is a guy using my account. Has this happened to anyone else?  Something fishy going on, I had a secure passowrd on the account

I will send him a private message to see what he has to say, but I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on this!

There are so many hacking incidents of bitcointalk accounts here. Especially with regard to your account, I suppose it has become a target of account hacking because it was dormant for quite a while. You need to direct message the one using it now and then wait for his response. If there is no response, then you will make a thread on the accusation stating your case. I can also see that the one using your account is a participant of a particular campaign. You also have to inform the manager of the project that the account is a stolen one.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:38:26 AM

You can move this topic to meta and wait for theymos to ask you of your ownership. You may also go here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and follow the instructions to recover your stolen account.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:38:29 AM

Such an incident is very annoying, especially if the account rank level is high, I also have experienced things like that, but I am very happy because the thief returned my account again.

amazing ..... its nice the account taken by the person can be restored back, maybe you are a very happy person because it can still be returned, I think people who usually steal want to take someone account because it looks good account so maybe it is very difficult returned, or maybe he wants to try just how to take someone else's account.
sad also when see and hear no account taken.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: