Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a Trojan horse for government issued cryptocurrency  (Read 122 times)
Abigail.Parsons (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:39:51 PM

So a fully decentralised cryptocurrency is probably the best form of money ever invented, instantly transferable, extremely divilable, highly fungable and secure. However all you have to do is replace decentralised with centralised and what we though was the best form of money ever invented is now an instrument we would have took to the street to ban had they been introduced by central banks. I can see a point where governments realise that with a little tweak here or there and they have the ultimate controllable currency, something they could only have dreamed of having

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:49:33 PM

It is true that cryptocurrency is the best form of money ever created with decentralized using Blockchain technology, it is very helpful to the government when used by banks in government.
123exo123

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

I don't see a problem with the government creating a centralized crypto. If anything, it improves the current fiat system. I actually like the idea, because it adds security to our current monetary systems.

But, anyone who believes in bitcoin will instantly stray away from these centralized currencies. That means that people will remain loyal to decentralized cryptos.

So I think it's not really a big fear if the gov'ts make centralized currencies.
Simon Eaton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:38:54 AM

I can't see how bitcoin can ever become decentralised. It's the whole 51% thing. You would need to hack the whole blockchain from the genesis block to overtake bitcoin. That or bribery. Regulations however I suppose could ban any exchanges but peer to peer cryptocurrency trading is almost impossible to fully stop
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:45:58 AM

Bitcoin is the most extraordinary invention of the century in financial matters, which can be transferred anytime and anywhere where there is an internet network, I think it's great for use in central banks.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:52:21 AM

But what benefit would it bring us ? We don't really want the government to control all forms of currencies it's practically very weird .. well to be honest... Government controls more than it should and it's unfair ..
I do think that decentralized ones provides more better approach to.. the ... world at this time .
Also ! There are already too many government regulated currencies in the market that we don't need more of them.
Also q government regulated one won't show that much deviations thats for sure.!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:22:40 AM

So a fully decentralised cryptocurrency is probably the best form of money ever invented, instantly transferable, extremely divilable, highly fungable and secure. However all you have to do is replace decentralised with centralised and what we though was the best form of money ever invented is now an instrument we would have took to the street to ban had they been introduced by central banks. I can see a point where governments realise that with a little tweak here or there and they have the ultimate controllable currency, something they could only have dreamed of having

Bitcoin is not a Trojan horse for fiat currency. Rather it gives an option for the citizens as another form of payment method online. Though bitcoin is a valuable currency online but it cannot replace fiat currency. But for a country that is suffering from monetary devaluation then bitcoin is a good way to protect your wealth. Bitcoin must not be seen as a destroyer of fiat currency but rather a support currency that people can use.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀