Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on the rise, you migth want to stay away from Alt-Coins until it has sta  (Read 3115 times)
cryptocoinsnews (OP)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 06:40:19 AM

Bitcoin has increased its value from 125 USD per Bitcion to 146 USD per Bitcoin on Bitstamp (Not Mt. Gox) within a couple of days. We believe that an increased consensus in the Bitcoin-community believing Bitcoin CAN BE a worldwide currency is the reason for the sudden increase, including that China seems to have embraced it as we have written in our recent post. And that one of Chinas biggest internet companies, Baidu, now accepts Bitcoins doesn’t help cooling the speculations.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/10/16/bitcoin-rise-migth-want-stay-away-alt-coins-stabilized/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:46:35 AM

Bitcoin has increased its value from 125 USD per Bitcion to 146 USD per Bitcoin on Bitstamp (Not Mt. Gox) within a couple of days. We believe that an increased consensus in the Bitcoin-community believing Bitcoin CAN BE a worldwide currency is the reason for the sudden increase, including that China seems to have embraced it as we have written in our recent post. And that one of Chinas biggest internet companies, Baidu, now accepts Bitcoins doesn’t help cooling the speculations.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/10/16/bitcoin-rise-migth-want-stay-away-alt-coins-stabilized/

U r wrong, my friend. It's yet another pump-n-dump cycle.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 11:54:13 AM

Go away random ignored memeber.
You're wrong. Also you should join in on altcoin markets and buy cheap while you can.

U r a too young member to know what being ignored means, try to guess it. A small hint: If u lick arses of "big" guys u will not be ignored...
Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:35:17 PM

You're wrong. Also you should join in on altcoin markets and buy cheap while you can.

U r a too young member to know what being ignored means, try to guess it. A small hint: If u lick arses of "big" guys u will not be ignored...

+1

Nobody likes the truth.

Maria.

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:38:43 PM

Everyone should buy Alt-coin now when its cheap, not when it has already went up like Bitcoin.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 02:10:44 PM

+1

Nobody likes the truth.

Maria.

Sugar Plum, I miss you so. I swear I was thinkin' 'bout you yesterday, cumin' to mind when I saw a new girl where I do market research, but that's nether here nor there. I also swear that Moe's toes was just a passin' phase I was goin' through and "Honest Abe" it will never happen again.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:30:29 PM

Everyone should buy Alt-coin now when its cheap, not when it has already went up like Bitcoin.

If altcoins have nothing new to offer, they have no future other than pump n dump.

Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:46:46 PM

So sweet PG! your 2,000 BTC donation is still good if and when Zhoutong and Bitcoinica pay out the 15,000 BTC they stole from me. Wonder what happened with all our personal documents ID passports and such. We must have a clone of each of us in Singapore.

PG, this Druid guy is satoshi. Fetch boy!!

Maria.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:12:13 PM

You might want to stay away from scamcoins altogether. Nothing good comes out of them.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:15:06 PM

If altcoins have nothing new to offer, they have no future other than pump n dump.

If MtGox and coinbase out with LTC exchange, we could win big. It have higher chances then 50%/50% rolls.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 04:24:15 PM

If MtGox and coinbase out with LTC exchange, we could win big. It have higher chances then 50%/50% rolls.

just a matter of time. to have some Litecoins is a must when you believe in crypto.

jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

BTC is skyrocketing and has no reason to stop and will continue untill the 500$ mark Smiley
bitmoon

Activity: 242

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:59:55 AM

question is when will the dump/crash start, at what price do you think guys?
Izerian

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:06:26 AM

Why is it always a "bubble" or some "pump and dump"? Could it actually be that there are a billion and a half oppressed people in communist land that actually have a mechanism to exercise a freedom that their gubment doesn't control? Of course it could just be some winged unicorn in the sky theory though. I have no idea what its like there.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:24:03 AM

Why is it always a "bubble" or some "pump and dump"? Could it actually be that there are a billion and a half oppressed people in communist land that actually have a mechanism to exercise a freedom that their gubment doesn't control? Of course it could just be some winged unicorn in the sky theory though. I have no idea what its like there.

if the rises were steady, then i'd say the rise in price is based on the utility of the coin. i don't think the utility has quadrupled in 2ish weeks, like the price has... so it does seem like a bubble.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:40:02 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=Litecoin&cmpt=q
https://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=Bitcoin&cmpt=q

Bitrated user: Mick.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:41:46 PM

Just stay away from altcoins all together.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 01:26:33 PM

if the rises were steady, then i'd say the rise in price is based on the utility of the coin. i don't think the utility has quadrupled in 2ish weeks, like the price has... so it does seem like a bubble.

Agree on bubble - just cashed out 25% of all my BTC at 383 - am happy and feel ok it might go way higher, but too tempting to take some into cash now, definitely feel it's the right thing to do.  If it goes up beyond 500, Will not feel stupid, I still have majority of my BTC - but now my coin is all paid for at any price.  If it drops, I will have cash to buy 'em back.   

I feel there is nothing to support this price rise in particular, other than speculation. From the average punter's perspective it's hard to get in, harder to get out, risky - and only worth what speculation says it is.  No serious mainstream utility value outside 'fringe' use and gambling exists yet - and there won't be with this instability and slow movement of transactions - you can't retail at a set price when no-one will spend in a rising market and everyone will want to if it's crashing.

I am prepared to be laughed at of course - but you will be using 20/20 hindsight which (right now) we don't have the advantage of.

We shall see - but I think a correction is imminent and I would far rather sell 'too early' than wish I had when it is too late.

我想要火箭和火车
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:57:43 PM

The main thing is, you've come out ahead and lost nothing.  BTC is worthless until it is actually used to purchase something - until then just numbers.  I'd say even if you bought a pizza with 10,000 bitcoins some time ago you are still ahead of the majority of people right now because you actually got something for your efforts.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

Just stay away from altcoins all together.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: