Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam free ICO's  (Read 145 times)
lushlife (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:45:29 AM

Any of you dreamt for a scam free ICO's?

Has any scam ICO owners faced legal action?
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:01:13 AM

Everyone dreamt for a scam free ICO's but rather I would reword it as everyone wishes that they won't join an ICO which is a potential scam. As far as I know, there are no scam ICO developers that faced legal action(I might be wrong because if I know an ICO is scam, I don't follow updates about it ever again). Even though everyone dreams of it, ICO's will never be scam free because there will always be one that is a potential scam.
AmiranAbdul

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:09:41 AM

Here it is necessary to understand that there are those ICO who are really directed to deceive you, but there are those who could not reveal their potential. But in any case, they do not bear any responsibility, therefore they develop so quickly, there is no control.

kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

everything is achievable depending on how u see em
megi440c

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:06:29 PM

I also rarely hear ICO scam developers caught in the law. but I think it could be a criminal of origin having strong evidence and someone reporting the case.
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:36:30 PM

Will be better if investors can find the owners and explain for them - why they shouldn't do it anymore

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:40:30 PM

Never heard a news that someone got in jail for having such scam in cryptocurrency.
but of course, people want not to be involved in that such shame.
well, we can't identify at the start if the ICO is a scam but soon we will know that.
there is campaign manager who is accepting work for just money, but soon we will have someone who will have it before accepting anything and we are doing on that shit now.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1493
Merit: 333

🐪

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:46:12 PM

Never heard a news that someone got in jail for having such scam in cryptocurrency.
but of course, people want not to be involved in that such shame.
well, we can't identify at the start if the ICO is a scam but soon we will know that.
there is campaign manager who is accepting work for just money, but soon we will have someone who will have it before accepting anything and we are doing on that shit now.

Lol scam free ICO's - good luck with that. 90% ICO's are scam. That's why some countries banned them.

If you want to avoid scammy ICO's read the white paper and do some research on the team. Look  their linkedin profiles and google them.
See if whitepaper has any sense.
Look at the webpage of ICO - does it look generic?
Look who is their bounty manager - is he experienced or unexperienced? Experienced bounty managers do their research and avoid scams.
All these things are important in choosing good ICO.

cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:24:14 PM

If you want to particiapte with ICOs that wont have any risk,do not join any because it might fail your expectations because most of these ICOs are just created to raise funds and run away after they have gathered enough,last ICO scam was big myriad raised million dollar from their private sale and then run away from their investors.
MattLawson48

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:46:17 PM

I don't know if you can classify a company with no real teeth a scam necessarily. Does it have a viable product that makes sense and solves a real world problem? That train of thought might eliminate quite a few right off the bat. Since there is so much assumed risk going in, I'm not sure what legal action people can have against "scams".
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:55:37 PM

Who doesnt want that? Who wants to be scammed?  Huh

Facebook and other social medias have exterminated this types of advertisements because they cannot trace whoever did it. So they made that decision for their users to be in safety.
I dont think there is one who will make an ICO then just scam them will be posting his real information. It will always be a fake one.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
TerrorFromTheDeep

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:59:06 PM

Did you hear words of Vitalik that 99% of ICOs is scam?
It is does not mean that all of this ICOs will escape with your contibutions, it is mean that most of ICOs will not develop good product.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:01:08 PM

Im not sure about that, i have heard that there was a crackdown against scam icos in china, there are many many more ico projects all around the world that run away with the funds collected, I remember Ethbooks, symmetry funds and few more that disappeared after ico, there should be some way to put them behind the bars, that is what these criminals deserve, may be time for a borderless, decentralized police system Wink

MEGATRON_S

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:24:54 PM

there are a lot of scammers, I think they hardly bear the punishment of the judiciary, after all they think and cover themselves with all the ways, of course it's a pity that many people and novices are deceiving, but alas, such victims of crypto business
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:33:23 PM

I think that they have faced legal action in many cases, including MtGox that was not and ICO but I think it was a real scam as it is just not possible to have so much bitcoin stolen.

AldaronFTW

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:43:24 PM

If you want to have the returns such as this:
https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico
it's always going to require a whole lot of risk of being scammed. If you want 'risk free ICOs' go buy some stocks - they are way safer then ICOs. Usually the problem with ICOs is that you need to invest before you know who are the prople creating coin/token. If you would see some earlier projects of that team risk of being scammed decreases substantially.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:48:33 PM

You may need a time machine....and go back to say 2015 or 2016 for ethereum or LISK.. ICO's

I passed on the ether ICO (999 ETH for 1 BTC I think it was...sigh) but did get 1 BTC of LISK on that ICO, which was damn wise..

Since that time, however, they all seem to have gone more than a bit shady...thus the backlash...and hell the sheer number of ICO's now is daunting

no clue on any current ones that are not a scam....thus clueless...it may be this method of launching coin is gonna die with regulations soon

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shilpy275

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:53:34 PM

Obviously, we want scam free ico.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: