Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:35:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Alert : Guys stay away from such scam  (Read 466 times)
ankurguta87 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:33:23 AM
Merited by dvabit (1), anthinguy21 (1), RAMSHIVDEEPAK (1)

Hi,

Today I got an email with sender address noreply@dadi.tech with the subject Ethereum Hard Fork (Casper)
Myetherwallet address link in this email is a spamy link. Never apply your pvt key...

NOTICE THOSE DOTS BELOW M AND E IN THE URL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nagricoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:15:24 PM

thanks for bewarning

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:18:43 PM

Nice job sharing this info. Users will find it useful Wink i don't remember the name of that font... but it shouldn't be allowed for domains.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

Hi,

Today I got an email with sender address noreply@dadi.tech with the subject Ethereum Hard Fork (Casper)
Myetherwallet address link in this email is a spamy link. Never apply your pvt key...

NOTICE THOSE DOTS BELOW M AND E IN THE URL.

I never pay attention to such emails even i see official mail on sender's name. Hackers are developing new ways and there is no way to stop this emails completely. Guys,be careful about such scam emails and always check the site with 4 eyes. The dots are not viisble if you dont pay attention specially to url.  Bookmarking sites like wallet,exchange will save your a lot of time and protect your privacy from this scammers.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:22:54 PM

I do not respond to emails that redirects me to other sites or that requires some personal information from me. It is most likely that they are phishing sites so be careful.
13ex07

Activity: 322

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:30:36 PM

If I have correctly understood, letters replace ASCII with codes? How it is possible? This way to become popular Sad

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
ClayDouglas

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:32:07 PM

I think common sense and tech savvy will prevent most people to fall for such scams. But youth and newbieness will have lots of people falling for them. So thank you OP.
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:58:15 PM

I don't even open e-mails from unknown addresses, since there is a high probability of getting phished or catching a virus.
You must understand that your email has probably already been sold by unscrupulous companies. Always pay attention and you'll be fine.
iAMawi123

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 10:04:47 PM

Well, thank you for sharing this information to us! This really has helped me to become more aware of potential scammers and frauds. For newbies, this will surely help them protect their keys. So thank you so much

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

TEMCO

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:12:02 PM

there is no https protocol which is much easier to notice than these dots. An ssl-sertificate is a major security feature and google requires all the websites use it.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:42:11 PM

If I have correctly understood, letters replace ASCII with codes? How it is possible? This way to become popular Sad
Scammer become smarter everyday. They will find a way to stole our money, so better becarefull and always bookmark the important site and using metamask, they always gave you a warning if you go into a phising site.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:46:33 PM

Be always alarming to all those scammers because they are always there to get you money so that always care on what are you clicking and joining make it check first before you join. Jusy like me not only email that i receive but also text message and call from the website of cloud mining but i didn't entertain because i know that is a scam so always aware to those scammers.
Twentyacoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:49:35 PM

Wow, this is a scary scam! It looks exactly like myetherwallet.com!!

You won't know the difference unless you look very closely.

That's very scary
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:54:55 PM

Thank you for sharing. I also received a lot of these phishing email from fake Coinbase email told that my account was logged in from Russia while I'm living in Asia. LOL. Lucky for me that I didn't click on the link and I checked the sender and founded out that it's fake email. LOL. Fuck all these lazy guys, they just wanna earn easy money by hacking other people crypto wallet.

+1 Merit for you. Keep up the good work!

Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:10:18 PM

I often receive such type of fishing spam on my email and this is whom google should fight and ban , not the crypto advertise  Angry I wonder are there still many people who is buing this tricks ? I'd suggest everyone never open such type of mails , just mark it as spam and forget about it.

SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:39:18 AM

Thanks for the warning. I might as well check every website i go into. It's just that the number of scammers  keep increasing and increasing and it's very alarming. Hopefully no one falls in their tricks.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:02:29 AM

to be honest there are lots of emails coming from scammers, all of that must be phishing. various content of messages they often send, such as how to claim prizes, hardfork, ico offerings and others. if we do not know the sender's email, then do not ever respond and click the link they provide.
superloy

Activity: 126

#1 ICO on a Global eCommerce Ecosystem! Worldwide

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 06:33:19 PM

I've been scammed also but at least it's not about money but I indeed wasted time and efforts on some bounty campaigns that I thought they're real.
Monartis, Librium, Stockus are some of the bounty campaigns that under Sylons's management.
But I never blame Sylon for the unfortunate bounty campaigns but I need to move on and join another.

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:32:11 AM

I've been scammed also but at least it's not about money but I indeed wasted time and efforts on some bounty campaigns that I thought they're real.
Monartis, Librium, Stockus are some of the bounty campaigns that under Sylons's management.
But I never blame Sylon for the unfortunate bounty campaigns but I need to move on and join another.
We all know this thing quite well that there are so many scammers around us and that all of them have only one objective and that is to look out for the ways using which they can snatch your money from your pocket without even letting you know. While being in this world, you need to be much careful while doing anything which involves your money as you never know what will happen with your money.
ziyush

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:37:01 AM

I have seen a amzing website that help in  finding scam coin and that is done using rating  visit  https://cryptomaa.com and rate such scam websites
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: