Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think twice before paying with Bitcoin?  (Read 449 times)
jonathan6655321 (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:52:21 PM

I found it kinda hard to pay with BTC few times. Because the volatility so high, many times I 'm feeling FOMO and I actually use fiat instead.
Does it happend to anyone else here?

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

If you believe in the growth of bitcoin then it's kind of a weird cache 22. You will want to use it because you believe in it and want it to prosper but at the same time if the price grows you are effectively paying more for everything in future terms. It's one reason why bitcoin adoption will struggle while the price is so volatile and also while it has such a large upward trend.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

Well I am feeling the same thing too, I don't really want to spend with bitcoin but doesn't have any choice because there is something needs to be settle and if the amount of fiat I had doesn't fit with expenses that I have that is why I am busting my bitcoin little by little, because of it, And in my opinion I don't really want to get money from bitcoin because of the knowledge that it can fluctuate so much and may end up in a bull run unexpectedly.
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:07:58 PM

I also felt the same thing because I really believe in bitcoin capacity to increase in the near future. When I need to purchase something, I usually turn it first to fiat or use fiat to buy what I need so that I wouldn't regret that I use my Bitcoin.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:25:07 PM

I don’t know exactly everyone who has bitcoin is now still used as a means of payment or not, because at the momment bitcoin in my mind more serves as an asset. The consideration to use bitcoin as a means of payment it’s just not a volatile price, slow transaction processing and highfee will be the next consideration.
trinhdinhthang20007

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:26:31 PM

I found it kinda hard to pay with BTC few times. Because the volatility so high, many times I 'm feeling FOMO and I actually use fiat instead.

In my country, payment by BTC is prohibited, it is unfair.
lionheart89

Activity: 350
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:34:39 PM

yes i am very selective in issuing or paying with bitcoin, as long as payment can use fiat then i will keep bitcoin. because for me bitcoin is an investment.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:41:53 PM

Same here, I think twice when there is a chance to pay by Bitcoin. Because it is not easy to buy BTC and due to exchange fees (coinbase fees), I try to use fiat than Bitcoin.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:44:10 PM

no its really simple for me to pay with bitcoin.bitcoin is one of the easy payment way.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:02:56 PM

I don’t mind paying with Bitcoin to support the network. But I don’t foresee myself paying with bitcoin regularly, mostly because there aren’t many shops in my country offering bitcoin as a payment method.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:21:50 PM

no not really!
instead what i do is that whenever i spend bitcoin i try even harder to make that amount back. it is usually earned back from trading and sometimes from doing some jobs online and working more. but i have never gotten greedy when it comes to spending bitcoin.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:28:25 PM

It's intended as a digital cash system, so that's where I use it for. Like everyone else, I also keep some coins in my wallet but that's mainly for that fact that I don't want to do unnecessary purchases by giving it out all at once. So, I don't think twice before I buy something with Bitcoin but sometimes I feel sad when I look at my transaction history and see a purchase of an in-game item being valued at several thousands at the current exchange rate.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:30:43 PM

Nope. Rally or crash I only use bitcoin to buy stuff on the net. I do make sure I am spending at a higher valuation than when I bought, but I don't care how much.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized and volatile, even if you do not use bitcoin to pay you know that this will be happening. If you will be paying, I think fiat is better since you do not need to worry about the volatility unless that guy requires BTC as payment.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:41:19 PM

I bought my bitcoins at quite cheap price than todays prices so whenever I'm paying through bitcoin I'm paying way less than what it would have costed me without bitcoin.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:41:26 PM

I don't find it hard to pay with BTC because of volatility, whereas now you can easily pay priority transaction fees and thus volatility won't affect your payment. But I've faced another problem - there isn't that much you can buy with cryptos on reliable websites. If Amazon launches its cryptocurrency exchange - that must become very popular.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:42:28 PM

For now i dont have bitcoin yet but if i have and if im going to pay using bitcoin i will think twice because bitcoin is one of the most popular and have high value. I don't want to do unnecessary purchases by giving it out all at once  the momment bitcoin in my mind more serves as an asset. And in my opinion I don't really want to get money from bitcoin because of the knowledge that it can fluctuate so much and may end up in a bull run unexpectedly.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:43:22 PM

Actually, a lot of traders and Bitcoin users are feeling hard to pay with BTC. Some people feel hard because of the high transaction fees involved over there as bitcoin is anonymous and people fear to use the high volatile payment system where the price fluctuates with great momentum. This is the reason people think twice before paying with bitcoin.Also, many times people fear to pay to the third party BTC address as they have to check it much time as the payment done by the bitcoin cannot be gained back and if the address is not right you are not going to get your payment back. So people find it risky while paying with bitcoin.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

i try to pay the most as i can with bitcoin ! Mostly the efforts a bit bigger than paying with bank .
But i like to pay me webserver and domain witth bitcoin Tongue

regards
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:48:55 PM

Yes because let's take steam as exemple when they have accepted bitcoin payment around 600$ / btc so it was a great move from steam so whenever I think to buy something with bitcoin I know that in the future I paid a lot more in value for what I have bought.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄