Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Merit & new rank requirements" thread should be locked and pinned.  (Read 210 times)
Alone055 (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 202

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

The thread is excessively over-flooded with useless posts. There are no proper discussions going on in that thread, nor there is any need of a discussion in there I guess. The first post of the thread carries the information that a user needs to know about the system, other than that, there is nothing useful in there. The thread has become a place for people to post utterly useless posts like "I need merits", "Merit is good", "Explain merit to me" etcetra.
Thus, I think, it would be better to just lock the thread and pin it there. So that anyone willing to know about the system can open it and read the OP and just leave without leaving his not-needed feedback in there too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:23:08 PM

Yep agreed.

Or a Requirements list for every new member to read and agree to before registering.

Merit me or don't.
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:58:17 PM

After locking the topic, what's next? Lots of new topics related to merits will be created, won't they? There are also abundant spam topics which discussed about merit system. We don't need more such a useless topic. Discussions on merit system and its effects, drawbacks, suggestion to improve it, etc. Should be all there.
Alone055 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:04:55 PM

After locking the topic, what's next? Lots of new topics related to merits will be created, won't they? There are also abundant spam topics which discussed about merit system. We don't need more such a useless topic. Discussions on merit system and its effects, drawbacks, suggestion to improve it, etc. Should be all there.

We can report those topics started before or after doing that. And we are not talking about useful discussions, drawbacks or suggestions here, but we are talking about redundant spam posts popping up every now and then contributing nothing to the cause. I think it should be stopped.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:10:06 PM

Yep agreed.

Or a Requirements list for every new member to read and agree to before registering.

When websites do that to you, how many agreements do you actually read, as opposed to just scrolling down and clicking ok?  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

Yep agreed.

When websites do that to you, how many agreements do you actually read, as opposed to just scrolling down and clicking ok?  :/
LoL (99% accuracy Wink)

The thread is excessively over-flooded with useless posts. There are no proper discussions going on in that thread, nor there is any need of a discussion in there I guess. The first post of the thread carries the information that a user needs to know about the system, other than that, there is nothing useful in there. The thread has become a place for people to post utterly useless posts like "I need merits", "Merit is good", "Explain merit to me" etcetra.
Thus, I think, it would be better to just lock the thread and pin it there. So that anyone willing to know about the system can open it and read the OP and just leave without leaving his not-needed feedback in there too.
Noobs ask questions, others say that the merit system is unfair because they can't collect much money from ico as junior members or members forever, other noobs say #me_too, and you find some others trying to help them figure out things that could be found in OP but they are too lazy to figure it out... End of the story.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Tree779

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:23:44 PM

Yep agreed.

When websites do that to you, how many agreements do you actually read, as opposed to just scrolling down and clicking ok?  :/

After getting banned once, I decided it was dangerous to keep trying on bitcointalk without reading the ToS... so I actually read it. Then I read the "unofficial rules." Learned so much.

This forum is actually different from other forums. You can get banned for posting, "wow that's hot." In a reply. It's not really a forum, and people will realize that soon enough.
hamza987

Activity: 448
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:43:51 PM

Why that thread should be locked it's very useful thread and i guess it's very much a likely topic for forum members to discuss.
As a bitcointalk fan i personally didn't want any thread to be locked until it become useless or it's a spam.
Alone055 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:37:46 PM

Noobs ask questions, others say that the merit system is unfair because they can't collect much money from ico as junior members or members forever, other noobs say #me_too, and you find some others trying to help them figure out things that could be found in OP but they are too lazy to figure it out... End of the story.

The story won't end unless that thread is locked away. That is what I'm saying that noobs ask useless questions and to answer those questions other users start repeating the exact same things written in OP which makes no sense at all. If the thread is locked, those noobs won't have a chance to ask anything there nor others will have any reason to reply.

After getting banned once, I decided it was dangerous to keep trying on bitcointalk without reading the ToS... so I actually read it. Then I read the "unofficial rules." Learned so much.

This forum is actually different from other forums. You can get banned for posting, "wow that's hot." In a reply. It's not really a forum, and people will realize that soon enough.

Some things will never change. Older users will get the things and the new comers after them will keep the tradition going again. I wish every new user had the same thoughts like you, but that is never gonna happen.

Why that thread should be locked it's very useful thread and i guess it's very much a likely topic for forum members to discuss.
As a bitcointalk fan i personally didn't want any thread to be locked until it become useless or it's a spam.

A thread doesn't get useless if it is locked. Locking is not like deleting where the thread gets removed forever, and I'm saying it should be pinned so that anyone visiting this section should be able to see and read it. Besides, the things that were meant to be discussed had been discussed at the starting, and now that thread merely gets any proper discussion from anyone. You can find nothing else but spam if you check the last few pages of it.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:44:35 PM

I think we should have a special ignore option. Any post or thread title that contains the word "merit" can be put on ignore. Smiley

After all, we don't want Bitcoin Talk to become a meritocracy.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:01:41 PM

Agree, let them sink in one thread, even this thread is just another thread that should be there and not new topic

Alone055 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:24:08 PM

I think we should have a special ignore option. Any post or thread title that contains the word "merit" can be put on ignore. Smiley

The ignore button for user accounts works just fine for that purpose. Threads and posts containing complains or baseless improvement tips for the system are supposed to be deleted ASAP.

It has become one already IMO. The gang (you know who! Everyone does.) has done everything to make it one, and the success rate is quite surprising in that regard.

... let them sink in one thread, even this thread is just another thread that should be there and not new topic

Are you guys ignoring it or you just don't notice? If that thread could stop people from creating more topics about the same topic then we would have never seen the flood of merit related threads in every section of the forum right after the day that thread (Merit & new rank requirements) was posted by theymos. People don't just post their questions in that thread and get satisfied by that. They ask useless questions in that thread too, along with a new thread in any section of this forum, for they don't know where to post it exactly.

Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:50:26 PM

With that you can also miss the important updates or future announcements regarding the merit.

I think by the time, it will be reduced; so we should wait for some more time.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:46:08 PM

With that you can also miss the important updates or future announcements regarding the merit.

I think by the time, it will be reduced; so we should wait for some more time.

Jet Cash is kind of criticising how many merit topics popped lately with repetitive contents about merit. Is it good? Is it useful? We don't need it?... Useless topics imo that should be locked and trashed once created.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:48:22 PM

Yep agreed.

This reminds me of the South Park episode where Kyle agrees to the iTunes terms and conditions, thus resulting in the Humancentipad. Relevant

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: