Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about CampBX  (Read 1008 times)
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:25:30 PM

I'm on the lookout for a new exchange. Anyone here use CampBX? If so, how do you like it? I'm looking for a place that:
  • 1. uses money orders / bank transfers. I don't mind identity checks, but I would not like to wait 30+ days for an inefficient system.
  • 2. Is based in the USA, with sufficient volume.
I'm also open to other suggestions. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
DanielleEber

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:13:28 AM

I'm a CampBX customer, and use personal checks to fund my purchases.  The first two months were reasonably prompt, but the last two have had increasing delays.  My last check took about ten days more than their stated 3 days for it to post to my account.  Support tickets go unanswered, and there is no telephone number you can call where a human will answer.  The office building pictured on their website under the title "Our Office" isn't really.  That mailing address is merely a mail drop location.  The CampBX people pick it up and apparently take it to their apartment nearby.  I have nothing against people working out of their home, but I do have a problem giving the impression you have physical office space when you don't.

These problems only started recently, and I attribute it to their customer list growing from 20K when I signed up (July) to 33K now, a 65% growth.  That in turn is likely due to people migrating from MtGox once their US bank accounts were stolen.  The trading platform works perfectly.  Orders are executed quickly, and sending my bitcoins out posted to blockchain.info in seconds.  That stuff appears to be fully automated.  Where they are falling behind is anything that requires human intervention - depositing a money order or check, then entering it into an account, answering support queries, etc.  I think they are just overwhelmed with work, and haven't expanded their staff to match the customer growth.  I hope they fix their problems, because aside from the deposit delays, it has been a great site.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:08:00 AM

I've used them in the past, never had any issues.

Funking by cheque is horrible though.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:13:42 AM

I'm a CampBX customer, and use personal checks to fund my purchases.  The first two months were reasonably prompt, but the last two have had increasing delays.  My last check took about ten days more than their stated 3 days for it to post to my account.  Support tickets go unanswered, and there is no telephone number you can call where a human will answer.  The office building pictured on their website under the title "Our Office" isn't really.  That mailing address is merely a mail drop location.  The CampBX people pick it up and apparently take it to their apartment nearby.  I have nothing against people working out of their home, but I do have a problem giving the impression you have physical office space when you don't.

These problems only started recently, and I attribute it to their customer list growing from 20K when I signed up (July) to 33K now, a 65% growth.  That in turn is likely due to people migrating from MtGox once their US bank accounts were stolen.  The trading platform works perfectly.  Orders are executed quickly, and sending my bitcoins out posted to blockchain.info in seconds.  That stuff appears to be fully automated.  Where they are falling behind is anything that requires human intervention - depositing a money order or check, then entering it into an account, answering support queries, etc.  I think they are just overwhelmed with work, and haven't expanded their staff to match the customer growth.  I hope they fix their problems, because aside from the deposit delays, it has been a great site.

Just curious, how do you know they don't have an office in that building?  Also, how do you know they're working out of their home?
RodeoX (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 01:51:55 PM

@DanielleEber,
Thanks for your response. With gox having issues, bitinstant down, TradeHill down. I'm looking for a reliable automated exchange I can direct new users to. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:01:35 PM

I sent a Check to CampBX one week ago today, but still nothing credited to my CampBX account. So do be sure to have some patience when working with campbx.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:35:16 PM

Sent my first USPS money order to CampBX via Priority Mail at 4pm on the 16th (Wed).  It was credited today at 9am.  This is actually slightly faster than how long it took to transfer money from my bank to Dwolla.  Usually that process took 3-4 business days to complete (depending on what time of the day I initiated the transfer).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: