Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Investment Guide  (Read 144 times)
musta5a (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:59:28 PM
Merited by V1saya (3)

Hello everyone, I have seen many people asking for the advice on how to choose the right ICO investments, so I would like to share my investment guide with those guys:

1. I look at the project viability. Does it make sense for this project to achieve its goals? Is the business model viable or only good looking money grabber? White paper is crucial part of studying this.

2. Real team behind the project. I never invest in ICOs that don't revel their teams, that can not end up well. I check if the people mentioned on team page are real people and whether they know they're mentioned in the project and whether they have relevant experience given their project focus. Linkedin works well for this purpose.

3. Competition. Checking if the idea behind the project is unique or is it a copy paste of other ICOs?

4. Execution. You can get good sense of whether the project will be executed properly by seeing how the team has built the website, social media, how is treating bounty participants and updating stakes. That can tell you much about their future work.

I hope it helps  Wink

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:27:32 PM

Good advice and you touched on all of the most important points. One thing I always look for is 'hype' - even some of the best projects fail because they have little hype and sub-par projects succeed because of hype. Ideally you will find one which ticks all of the other boxes and also has hype but hype is key, without it there will never be demand for the token and your investment will go to waste.

Nagricoin

Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:07:17 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many people asking for the advice on how to choose the right ICO investments, so I would like to share my investment guide with those guys:

1. I look at the project viability. Does it make sense for this project to achieve its goals? Is the business model viable or only good looking money grabber? White paper is crucial part of studying this.

2. Real team behind the project. I never invest in ICOs that don't revel their teams, that can not end up well. I check if the people mentioned on team page are real people and whether they know they're mentioned in the project and whether they have relevant experience given their project focus. Linkedin works well for this purpose.

3. Competition. Checking if the idea behind the project is unique or is it a copy paste of other ICOs?

4. Execution. You can get good sense of whether the project will be executed properly by seeing how the team has built the website, social media, how is treating bounty participants and updating stakes. That can tell you much about their future work.

I hope it helps  Wink
Agree with you.
This is the minimum steps - for understanding should or not invest in the project.

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:08:05 AM

Good advice and you touched on all of the most important points. One thing I always look for is 'hype' - even some of the best projects fail because they have little hype and sub-par projects succeed because of hype. Ideally you will find one which ticks all of the other boxes and also has hype but hype is key, without it there will never be demand for the token and your investment will go to waste.

yes it really depends on what kind of investment are you focusing on. If you do short term, then of course hype is very important. But whn you want to hold for years, projects that hype too much will very likely disappear

| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
giogio0504

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:09:29 AM

visit www.icoguide.com, it is useful when you are going to invest.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:12:53 AM

I hope it helps  Wink

Yes it is useful of course, everyone should know what to consider in case of investment, to minimize risks.
musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:09:12 AM

visit www.icoguide.com, it is useful when you are going to invest.

Yes why not, but I recommend to avoid listening to third party evaluations and opinions. If one decides so, he should definitely hear many more opinions than one or 2 and make up his own mind at the end of the day anyhow

ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:12:20 AM

I hope it helps  Wink

Never judge an ICO through ICO rating website. As these rating can be sponsored. I have seen few cases where top rating sites gave a rating of 5/5 and later they removed it from their website. There are chances that they have their share in ICO rating.

So the question comes how to choose best ICO?

If you have an ICO say XYZ then types in google "XYZ bounty" you will find a bitcointalk thread with ICO marketing details. Almost every ICO shares their contribution as bounty to get more contributors.

I have seen projects like TEZOS or RAIDEN NETWORK or ATONOMI or ENIGMA. These ICOs never offered any bounty or marketing advertisements still they reached hardcap.

There are many points like a team, whitepaper blablabla... already discussed in this thread. I always prefer to check the reputation of company and absence of bounty other than the concept, team, etc.

It works... Whats your opinion???
sultanali

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:47:48 PM

If you want to judge the viability of the initial coin offering it is important to look at its technology and the problems it is solving. If it is working on a genuine problem that needs to be fixed then it is most mildly that the coin will have success not necessarily during the ico period but in the long run, WePower is a good example for such a coin.
Nagricoin

Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

If you want to judge the viability of the initial coin offering it is important to look at its technology and the problems it is solving. If it is working on a genuine problem that needs to be fixed then it is most mildly that the coin will have success not necessarily during the ico period but in the long run, WePower is a good example for such a coin.
You are right.
Most people panic immediately after ICO, they can't wait even few month

🌱🌻🥕NAGRICOIN🍅🌽🌾
👉🏻🍏Nagri - we are what we eat, invest in it!🍏👈🏻
✔️Check out the link in 🌎
musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:29:01 AM

yes I agree with you. It's just that you can't rely on the single variable which is the viability of the business model. Because the idea can be really good but execution is missing.

musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

You are right.
Most people panic immediately after ICO, they can't wait even few month

there is certain level of maturity needed when person decides to invest in ICOs. I guess you can't replace the experience. Some people believe that they invest in ICO and price doubles over night...

paynercash

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:51:00 PM

Thank you very much for the accurate evaluation of the ICO project. I am weak on ICO project selection, but when reading my friend's share I get more knowledge. I will choose your standard ICO projects to invest in and participate in the Bounty program. Hopefully you will guide more people.

musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:37:29 AM

Thank you very much for the accurate evaluation of the ICO project. I am weak on ICO project selection, but when reading my friend's share I get more knowledge. I will choose your standard ICO projects to invest in and participate in the Bounty program. Hopefully you will guide more people.

Do not despair, only by educating you will become better investor. it's natural to start as a noob but there are already quite few resources that can help you to make decisions on your investments. My advice is not to reply on your friend's advices but make your own research and only then invest.

nGross

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:58:26 AM

The list is very useful! Thanks!
I've also heard an advice to see if a project already has a working product or MVP.
musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:50:30 AM

The list is very useful! Thanks!
I've also heard an advice to see if a project already has a working product or MVP.

very good point. If the team already got at least MVP working that shows to potential investors that they would be able to deliver also the end product. It's just that even the projects without MVP can deliver at the end of the day

hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

I am concerned about the reliability of the ico team and whether the ico project has the nature of sustainable development.

musta5a (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:15:00 PM

I am concerned about the reliability of the ico team and whether the ico project has the nature of sustainable development.

yes as I mentioned, the team background is one of the major aspects of the successful project, therefore that has to be checked before the actual investment. Maybe you can share how you check these 2 things

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: