Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum and Ledger Nano S balance not synced  (Read 108 times)
dginoob (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:53:53 PM

Hi,

I have just set up an Electrum wallet and linked it to my Ledger Nano S. However, my Electrum wallet shows a balance of 0, even though there is some amount in my Ledger Nano wallet.

From the instructions it looked like once I created my Electrum Wallet, and linked it to my Ledger Nano, then the 2 wallets would be synced, and I could use the Electrum wallet to make payments (which would be taken from the Ledger Nano wallet).

Can anyone tell me if I have misunderstood, and/or how to sync the wallets properly.

If they cannot be synced, do I need to make a transfer from my Ledger Nano wallet to my Electrum wallet, before I can send a payment from Electrum?

As background, the reason I need to use Electrum is that the Ledger Nano does not support BitPay.

Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

Hi,

I have just set up an Electrum wallet and linked it to my Ledger Nano S. However, my Electrum wallet shows a balance of 0, even though there is some amount in my Ledger Nano wallet.

From the instructions it looked like once I created my Electrum Wallet, and linked it to my Ledger Nano, then the 2 wallets would be synced, and I could use the Electrum wallet to make payments (which would be taken from the Ledger Nano wallet).

Can anyone tell me if I have misunderstood, and/or how to sync the wallets properly.

If they cannot be synced, do I need to make a transfer from my Ledger Nano wallet to my Electrum wallet, before I can send a payment from Electrum?

As background, the reason I need to use Electrum is that the Ledger Nano does not support BitPay.

Thanks in advance
Normally , it should be synced. Which version of electrum do you use? and can you try to upgrade your firmware to latest on ledger.
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:45:58 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest version of Electrum 3.1.1.

I will try updating my ledger firmware.

Thanks
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:41:12 AM

I have updated my ledger to the latest firmware but I still have the same problem. 0 balance showing in Electrum Sad
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:54:34 AM

Hi,

I have fixed the problem. For anyone else with the same issue, it was due to the wallet derivation. The default is (m/44'/0'/0'), and this is what was shown in the instructions I followed when first setting up. For my ledger however, it needed to be (m/49'/0'/0'). After using these settings instead, my ledger and Electrum wallets are now synced and show the same balance.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: