Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:01:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum and Ledger Nano S balance not synced  (Read 108 times)
dginoob (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:53:53 PM

Hi,

I have just set up an Electrum wallet and linked it to my Ledger Nano S. However, my Electrum wallet shows a balance of 0, even though there is some amount in my Ledger Nano wallet.

From the instructions it looked like once I created my Electrum Wallet, and linked it to my Ledger Nano, then the 2 wallets would be synced, and I could use the Electrum wallet to make payments (which would be taken from the Ledger Nano wallet).

Can anyone tell me if I have misunderstood, and/or how to sync the wallets properly.

If they cannot be synced, do I need to make a transfer from my Ledger Nano wallet to my Electrum wallet, before I can send a payment from Electrum?

As background, the reason I need to use Electrum is that the Ledger Nano does not support BitPay.

Thanks in advance
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:35:53 PM

Hi,

I have just set up an Electrum wallet and linked it to my Ledger Nano S. However, my Electrum wallet shows a balance of 0, even though there is some amount in my Ledger Nano wallet.

From the instructions it looked like once I created my Electrum Wallet, and linked it to my Ledger Nano, then the 2 wallets would be synced, and I could use the Electrum wallet to make payments (which would be taken from the Ledger Nano wallet).

Can anyone tell me if I have misunderstood, and/or how to sync the wallets properly.

If they cannot be synced, do I need to make a transfer from my Ledger Nano wallet to my Electrum wallet, before I can send a payment from Electrum?

As background, the reason I need to use Electrum is that the Ledger Nano does not support BitPay.

Thanks in advance
Normally , it should be synced. Which version of electrum do you use? and can you try to upgrade your firmware to latest on ledger.
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:45:58 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest version of Electrum 3.1.1.

I will try updating my ledger firmware.

Thanks
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:41:12 AM

I have updated my ledger to the latest firmware but I still have the same problem. 0 balance showing in Electrum Sad
dginoob (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:54:34 AM

Hi,

I have fixed the problem. For anyone else with the same issue, it was due to the wallet derivation. The default is (m/44'/0'/0'), and this is what was shown in the instructions I followed when first setting up. For my ledger however, it needed to be (m/49'/0'/0'). After using these settings instead, my ledger and Electrum wallets are now synced and show the same balance.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: