Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Add another rank  (Read 344 times)
hamza987 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:53:37 PM
Merited by gabygabyD (2)

Do you guys think that there should be another rank added for old sincere members of because lots of members are legendary for years and now new members becoming legendary, I guess it's important to increase another rank such as Supreme, Pioneer, or Ultimate to make them interested.

It's just an opinion let's see how people react to my topic if you like my comment thank you but if not comment your suggestions on this. 
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:38:09 PM

There is already a lot rank Newbie. jr member. member. full member. sr member. hero member. legendary
Already 7 rank. I think that's much enough to describe their experience in crypto forum.
hamza987 (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:40:05 PM

There is already a lot rank Newbie. jr member. member. full member. sr member. hero member. legendary
Already 7 rank. I think that's much enough to describe their experience in crypto forum.

Thanks for your comment.
Direwolve735

Merit: 232

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:10:12 PM

I do not think that there is a need for this. Legendary members are glad to have reached the highest rank, I think. Hardly they need another increase in rank, they already know that they are some of the best on this forum. They are developed by discussing new topics. Now they have the opportunity to help newcomers, distribute merits to those who write constructive and useful posts. I think this is enough for them to remain interested, especially given the fact that news in the crypto-world appears every day and there is much to discuss and think over. According to their activity, everyone can see how long they have been at the forum, so it's not difficult for the other forum participants to distinguish between "old" Legendary member and a "newly-made" Legendary member.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2453

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:39:22 PM

This has already been discussed in a number of threads. I'm starting to think that we should chuck the whole idea of rank names, and just have level numbers starting at "0". Maybe that would reduce the appeal. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:45:20 PM

What is the idea of new rank? You've just suggested to add it, but there is no explanation what for from your side. To earn more money from the forum? To get higher payments from different kinds of campaigns? You are just beginner and you need like 2 years more to  achieve Legendary rank. I believe those people who got Legendary rank already are totally satisfied with their position and thinking more about the forum improvement, but not about raising of their payments.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:49:16 PM

Do you guys think that there should be another rank added for old sincere members of because lots of members are legendary for years and now new members becoming legendary, I guess it's important to increase another rank such as Supreme, Pioneer, or Ultimate to make them interested.

It's just an opinion let's see how people react to my topic if you like my comment thank you but if not comment your suggestions on this. 

This has been discussed many times - use the search function next time.

Theymos may create an additional rank, but it would probably require 2,000 merit to access it.

Theymos would be the only person with the new rank.

Wait a year or so until many people get over 2,000 merit, and I think a new rank will happen.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:51:21 PM

well this idea is ok. even there is plenty of waters in the ocean but still do not neglect common rain water. i respect them a lot because wearing this titles senior member,hero's and legendary do not came one day, it brought them about years and have become what they are now. our forth fathers says 'Even the ancestors need more how much more the living once" so they may deserve to be given those name you have mention.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:56:45 AM

This would have been necessary since the forum is growing at an astronomical rate. However,  this growth rate is now checked by the introduction of merits score. Merit score will control the ease of rank up so I think there is no need to introduce new rank.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:57:13 AM

IMO our 7 ranks in this forum would be enough to make this forum better and with the help of merit system ranking up is only for deserving people who are contributed well in this forum.
By the way this is only suggestion but the approving authority is on theymos he is one who will decide for this matter.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:00:45 AM

It's a good idea, I think. Just because it gets people to continue to improve themselves.

I used to play a game (yes I'm comparing crypto forum to a video game, sue me) where we had a cap stat that no one could reach unless they had no life.

I feel like that's how these ranks should be. It's just human psychology. Once you're a legendary member, you don't need merit anymore, do you? You also don't need activity points.

In fact, if you're a legendary member, why in the world would you want to continue posting and trying hard to impress the forum? Prestige? Reputation?

The truth is, only a few people would be loyal to these ideals. These altruistic notions are rare in humans. Just look at the legendary members -- how many of them have signature ads? Exactly. And how many higher ranked members seem like they're trying to win a contest? They're always trying to impress someone, always trying to join a merit contest, always trying to do something in the name of self-interest.

All I'm saying is, I bet only a small percentage of Legendary members are on this forum just to be on this forum to discuss crypto and truly try to have meaningful posts with others who want decentralized society. The other 90% are probably in it for bling, which is fine. Because crypto is money... so why would people on a digital currency forum not want to make money... so it's fine.

But with the addition of additional ranks, even the self-interested legendary members will continue to type with proper capitalization, check their grammar, do research before posting, and etc.. They'll have more things to achieve and so they'll continue to be professional and productive on the forum.

Of course, there should be a nice incentive for these higher rankings, like a micrometer more of signature space? Or a second profile text/avatar on the right-hand side. I dunno. Or maybe there could be no extra benefit other than the rank.

But yes, I do think we need a few more ranks, each more unattainable than the last. If Legendary takes 2 years to reach, then we the final rank should take 7 years to reach. I hope some of the Legendaries from 2010 will be auto-awarded the 7-year rank.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:24:42 AM

I think there's no need for this newbies like us is now to much suffering to this new merit system though Im not against with the system but ranking's is enough for us and i also dont think that many legendary members will agree with this.

hamza987 (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:05:43 AM

This would have been necessary since the forum is growing at an astronomical rate. However,  this growth rate is now checked by the introduction of merits score. Merit score will control the ease of rank up so I think there is no need to introduce new rank.

Merit rate is a good way to check list members who are good enough or not, by applying merit points fake account activity will be reduced also.
Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:20:01 AM

I guess there is no need to add another one. There is so many ranks that I need to achieve. I am having a hard time in making my rank higher already to add one or two more is so bothersome. Let's just leave this the way the admins want it to be. But if they like top add another, well the only thing I can do is to oblige.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:34:14 PM

If it means higher opportunity to everyone, then adding another rank is good too,  if it is not that challenging to obtain
because for now merit system hinders everyone to rank up😊
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 12:52:50 PM

Lets have another couple of ranks, but lets approach it from the other end. We could introduce ranks such as "Polluter" and " Scammer", and give them reduced privileges, they could then earn their ranking up from those positions through changed behaviour.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Talk merit

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 01:26:03 PM

If it means higher opportunity to everyone, then adding another rank is good too,  if it is not that challenging to obtain
because for now merit system hinders everyone to rank up😊

Why does it hinder everybody? There are members who have been promoted since the introduction of the merit system.
I agree that it hinders those who don't make an effort, and those who pollute the boards, but that is a good thing. One unfortunate consequence was that good posters didn't receive merits, because their posts weren't noticed. However, now that the weeds are dying off, it is possible to read those good threads and posts, and I am sure they will start to receive the merits they deserve. The results will become apparent next month when the merit sources get their next quota, and I hope that the technical help posters will start to get the rewards they deserve.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:31:43 PM

Why does it hinder everybody? There are members who have been promoted since the introduction of the merit system.
I agree that it hinders those who don't make an effort, and those who pollute the boards, but that is a good thing. One unfortunate consequence was that good posters didn't receive merits, because their posts weren't noticed. However, now that the weeds are dying off, it is possible to read those good threads and posts, and I am sure they will start to receive the merits they deserve. The results will become apparent next month when the merit sources get their next quota, and I hope that the technical help posters will start to get the rewards they deserve.
Agree! There are lots of case-study, which already ranking up several weeks after launch day of merit system. I don't remember them all to list their names here; just some of them (nullius, iasenko, hugeblack, and so on.)
Those users are motivating cases for other users in the forum to look at, to learn from their valuable experiences (how to learn? Learn from their topics and their threads. Some of them created topics to share their experiences. Or learn from their merited threads).
For those who interested to learn those ones' lessons. Please use Member search function of the forum. I don't want to give links here to lazy users (who will don't care, and don't visit those links, if available here).
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:54:28 PM

For now i guess it is a bad time, as we know that merit is new system in this forum and there are still few merit sources to produce merit in a month basis, if, we want to distribute it to every rank who deserves it. For now, there is a global mindset in this forum (at least it is my opinion} that the legendary rank doesnt need merit that much so giving them merit is almost an useless thing to do, but to add 1 more rank beyond legendary meaning that the "now" legendary member will need merit too, so it is an encouraged act to give merit to legendary rank if there is a new rank, thus creating a lot of competition to lower ranked members because as we know, not only they are experienced enough in this forum and crypto things, they are also famous and can attract merit easily.
Talk merit

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 07:13:43 PM

If you followed that through, then there would be an ever extending ladder.

The real problem is that most members see merit as a ranking tool, and this is not it's primary purpose. It is really a way to say thank you to a poster for contributing to the forum, and to encourage him to continue the good work. It shouldn't matter if he is brand new or a legendary. Need for merit shouldn't be a consideration in my opinion.

The Talk Merit projects
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: