Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:32:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP or XLM  (Read 495 times)
JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:45:13 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 03:59:40 AM by JuniAiko

FUD those "too-big-to-fail" mega Banks that had caused the global financial collapse and suffering of people all over the world, while they got bailed out by tax payer's money which they used to pay themselves big bonuses (even after their failures and crimes), and majority of them didn't see a day in jail -- personally I prefer to see REAL cryptos (supported by a strong non-profit organization, such as Stellar) take over a significant stake of their market, and I will not support a project that is designed to support those financial criminals.

See this thread about Ripple: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3096377.msg32237352
The founder/architect/designer/brain of/behind Ripple have left the for-profit company and re-built/programmed Stellar from ground up base on what he had learnt while building Ripple -- what is left in Ripple are the executive suit-monkeys. Stellar's network is actually more advanced than Ripple's + it is a non-profit organisation with a much better philosophy to ensure widespread adoption by the common people and small businesses and small banks (starting with the developing countries which are much in need of the solutions that Stellar offers).

1) He claims that Ripple is the only company within the crypto ecosystem that is a real company solving real problem? That's some BS. What about Stellar (which is trying to solve even more real-world problems in 3rd world countries? + decentralized banking and exchanges and it is even supporting dDapps too.

2) And for the investors/traders here, he never explains how increasing XRP use as a bridge between banks, where XRP is bought and sold from and to fiat almost instantaneously (at almost the same price) would boost the price of their XRP token.
For Stellar on the other hand (which has a much lower MCAP), users have to firstly use XLM (and not any other alternatives), and it also aims to function as a bank (which they routinely distributes Lumens collected from transaction to) which encourages the buying of XLM. Stellars also have a growing number of partnership with banks, but they are starting in developing/3rd world countries, and getting wider adoption by the small businesses, small banks and the people themselves; rather than mega-banks like Ripple does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=Daz5kaY1AWk

As someone have very eloquently explained..

He's not the CEO of a public company, he's not beholden to "the shareholders". He doesn't need to prove the investment value of the token, he needs to prove the viability of his business model!
He doesn't care that you or I or 10,000 other kids own Ripple...his objective isn't to boost the price!

IMO, Ripple do not deserve to be among the top place, to be placed along side the likes of BTC, ETH, LTC, and XLM.

The people being tricked into investing into their XRP token are just there to provide liquidity so that the big companies can use the network and the Ripple company collects the profit.

Also read this thread discussing about Stellar's bright future for massive mainstream adoption (rather than just by big banks): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3070210.msg32236647

Here was a post that I had previously made.

Reasons I am progressively converting my altcoins to Stellar (XLM) as Stellar price keeps falling.
1 ) A non-profit organization, and a decentralizing network.
2 ) Partnership with IBM
3 ) Targets the people and small businesses (especially in developing countries)rather than big mega banks and for-profit corporations.
4 ) Stellar is working towards functioning as a decentralized bank itself -- enticing users to keep their funds as XLM (rather than using it, like with XRP, simply to facilitate the quick transaction as a "bridging-token" before it is converted back into Fiat again).
5 ) Stellar is also working towards operating as a decentralized exchange of other cryptos.
6 ) Unlike the xRapid (XRP) token (where Ripple also offers xCurrent, and is/will be introducing other modes of transactions); the Lumens (XLM) token *actually* has to be adopted to utilize the Stellar network.
7 ) IMO, the XLM token has been way oversold by now; due to the lack of "hype" and as impatient short-term speculators progressively decides to cash out.
8 ) The released coins are distributed to the banks/companies that uses the XRP network; whereas, XLM instead distributes the fees collected from transactions (to prevent DDoS attacks) to the holders of XLM itself.
9 ) Unknown to many people, the XLM is *actually* also being increasingly adopted. But not big news as they are growing their presence in developing/third-world countries, and servicing the small business and the people there (especially foreign workers trying to send money home, etc.)
10 ) Ripple provides a service to the big-banks; whereas Stellar competes directly against the big banks (e.g. a lot more potential there in terms of getting actual widespread adoption) to get people to use them as their decentralized bank.
11 ) Similarly, Stellar also is setting up its own decentralized exchange to compete directly with centralized exchanges.

Basically, Stellar is doing so much more than what Ripple is doing with the XRP token, and most of the other cryptos too! And they are actually making real progress on those grounds too!

Stellar Lumens [XLM] might have hit bottom, their new wallet update to turn markets green?
https://bitcoinwarrior.net/2018/03/stellar-lumens-xlm-might-have-hit-bottom-their-new-wallet-update-to-turn-markets-green/

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:45:29 AM

Its hard to choose between the two but if I have enough money to invest I will invest both xrp and xlm because you can expect a good future for the both but the question like to select only one so I should prefer to select xrp because it has more increase in the number of volumes and the number of marketcap so I can say it has more advantage than xlm.

yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:45:56 AM

Ripple has solved the core problem of the current global cross-border transfer system: high transfer threshold, long confirmation time, high commission fee and difficulty in compatible trans-system transfer.

I think XRP is worth long-term investment!

Titus Maximus

Activity: 154
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:48:56 AM

XRP will be used mainly by banks and XLM by any type of company like IBM. How many banks in the world vs companies? Do your math. Besides, in a few years banks might be gone while companies are still around so XLM is also a better long term play.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:51:01 AM

What do you think?

I would choose Ripple since it is non-stop partnering with other companies and insights about it's project.
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:53:41 AM

I'll pick Stellar. Lately Stellar are having good partnerships and developments. And Ripple looks like it is only becoming a testing ground by centralized banks that are also expected to create their own version in the future.
blogardianz

Activity: 213

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:56:38 AM

What do you think?

I would prefer XLM (Stellar Lumens) rather than XRP (Ripple). I heard enough that Ripple is more decentralized.
XLM is a good coin for arbitrage. It has the cheapest fee.

agga (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:56:09 AM

I keep both coins, but I want to stop at one of them
JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:59:57 PM

I keep both coins, but I want to stop at one of them

To be honest, I still keep a tiny tiny bit of XRP just in case some idiots decides to pump it, and I can then dump it.
I expect XRP's price to be relatively stable otherwise simply due to its already very high MCAP presently. It will not go down too much, and neither will it go up that much (i.e. don't expect it to easily 5x and especially 10x, compared to other much better crypto projects out there that serves the community rather than mega for-profit corporations).

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:11:53 PM

What do you think?

they are good coin.
If i have a lot of money, i will buy all of them. And hold until market going up.

-= OI =-
GERMO COIN

Activity: 406

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:14:24 PM

if I personally I would prefer XRP, because I think XRP will provide big profits in the future.

Kolona

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:15:44 PM

Both of these coins are now behaving terribly. The choice can be made with correction, now it's too early to talk about it.
laryillary

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:18:21 PM

Given that the price of Ripple has already exceeded the dollar, we can conclude that in the near future Stellar will also reach a price of one dollar. Now Stellar makes a lot of efforts to become an alternative to traditional bank transfers, especially where it is needed most. This is the potential for further success in the future. It is believed that 2018 will become a year of crypto currency, and it is very likely that both coins will become even more popular.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:23:35 PM

Both are good options, however I would like to invest in XLM, IMO it has more chances to rise than XRP.
Yes,  XRP (ripple) already rise up before some days.
Now its good chance to pump XLM. I like and support XLM also. Sometimes it can be low, but most probably XLM and IMO will rise so much suddenly.
But Maximum users Still full believe in XRP.

Be hardworker
leecoinus

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:27:02 PM

I choose xrp, a gift of the future.
carlnguyen

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:27:55 PM

i love both two
letningmequin

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:10:48 PM

I like both of these coins, they all have a good foundation.
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:16:50 PM

What do you think?

I would choose Ripple since it is non-stop partnering with other companies and insights about it's project.
They did partner with a lot of businesses over the years. The coin should be really famous or it could be hated by many.

XLM is whatever...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:23:14 PM

What do you think?
I would have chose Stellar, because its capitalization is smaller, and the growth potential is best.
yudhistira

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:32:37 PM

What do you think?

My personal opinion is that Stellar is a much more promising coin than Ripple and has much greater potential. But in the current market situation, I would personally invest a small part in Ripple also.  Smiley

WebsiteWhitepaperTelegram   International Blockchain Lottery   FacebookTwitterGitHub
════════☛ FIRELOTTO ☚════════    As simple and understandable as traditional lotteries are    ══════☛ PLAY NOW ☚══════
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: