Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:18:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There is such a thing as Asic miner for Ethereum?  (Read 262 times)
Kmine82 (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:52:21 PM

Hello all,
I received a message in the whatsapp group that shows a new asic miner for ethereum that outputs 1.6GB and take 1200W..
So I went to the website and I started to suspect that there was no demonstration of the machine at work and that the image
looked like another product on the market and last they only get a crypto...  Undecided

The website is: ethmine dot ws

I'd love to hear the opinion of others on the subject before I might be stung.

Thanks
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:17:01 PM

to date there is no asic for ethereum. and most likely will never be with an ever-increasing DAG file and pos on the horizon.

There are many scammers out there promoting[ websites that are fake or scams
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:24:27 PM

to date there is no asic for ethereum. and most likely will never be with an ever-increasing DAG file and pos on the horizon.

That is incorrect. Bitmain has been giving information that they have made one, and are working on it. Ethereum is supposed to be ASIC resistant, so an algo change to disable ASICs is supposed to occur but looks like they dont really care if the ASICs come in.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:35:26 PM

The miner you linked to us is an absolutely blatant scam. There's news about the F3 existing and some proof of it, but ethmine.ws is just a paste of Bitmain's miner description.

Take a look at Warranty for starters, then take a look at any Bitmain listing's Warranty section- the T9+ for example.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180302142134304q3O9kyoG06AC

The site just changed the words Bitmain to Ethmine and the miner name for their entire Notes and Warranty. If that weren't enough, there's a tweet at the News widget at the bottom that's just a bunch of spam. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it most likely is.
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:53:38 PM

That is incorrect. Bitmain has been giving information that they have made one, and are working on it. Ethereum is supposed to be ASIC resistant, so an algo change to disable ASICs is supposed to occur but looks like they dont really care if the ASICs come in.

This is incorrect. Bitmain hasn't said a damn thing and never will until they release one.
It is some random Chinese website that said they may be working on one.
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:15:22 PM

This is incorrect. Bitmain hasn't said a damn thing and never will until they release one.

If you are waiting for Bitmain to make the announcement then you will hear about it when it is listed for sale. Its basic knowledge that something is being created and done, and even when there are more than 1 website stating specifics into the machine, and even sources that prove that they have been working on it. If you were to read more into it, you can see there is proof that they have been acquiring the RAM required, and producing an ASIC for ethereum. Bitmain does not announce anything until they are up for sale, because they dont want the public to know they have already been using it for months and selling off cleaned up units as brand new.
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:40:03 AM

If you are waiting for Bitmain to make the announcement then you will hear about it when it is listed for sale. Its basic knowledge that something is being created and done, and even when there are more than 1 website stating specifics into the machine, and even sources that prove that they have been working on it. If you were to read more into it, you can see there is proof that they have been acquiring the RAM required, and producing an ASIC for ethereum. Bitmain does not announce anything until they are up for sale, because they dont want the public to know they have already been using it for months and selling off cleaned up units as brand new.

These 'sources' all all baised on or quote 1 random Chinese propaganda site.
On random source is not proof.
kriskarthik

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:26:50 AM

No asic for ETH as far as o know. The bitmain news is most likely a false rumor as I dont think that bitmain will be betting their investment money on ETH miner as the plan to move to PoS is on the cards.  Ensure you don’t fall for any scams.

p337miner

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:51:52 AM

Hello all,
I received a message in the whatsapp group that shows a new asic miner for ethereum that outputs 1.6GB and take 1200W..
So I went to the website and I started to suspect that there was no demonstration of the machine at work and that the image
looked like another product on the market and last they only get a crypto...  Undecided

Thanks

1.6GB/w
1.6GB DAG file
Send 1.6 ETH to this address...
Zebra#

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:08:06 AM

Geez. I wonder what the fallout would look like for gpu mining if bitmain did in fact release a cryptonote asic.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:20:57 AM

These 'sources' all all baised on or quote 1 random Chinese propaganda site.
On random source is not proof.

I agree, I've heard about these rumors too....but they are just rumors. ETH is switching to POS and there would be no reason for an ASIC miner to be made for an algorithm that is only temporary.
stiucsib86

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:26:03 AM

Nope. And never will. Because Ethereum uses Dagger Hashimoto and one of it's main properties is ASIC-resistance.

You can read the details here: https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/blob/master/Dagger-Hashimoto.md
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:34:36 AM

The miner you linked to us is an absolutely blatant scam. There's news about the F3 existing and some proof of it, but ethmine.ws is just a paste of Bitmain's miner description.

Take a look at Warranty for starters, then take a look at any Bitmain listing's Warranty section- the T9+ for example.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180302142134304q3O9kyoG06AC

The site just changed the words Bitmain to Ethmine and the miner name for their entire Notes and Warranty. If that weren't enough, there's a tweet at the News widget at the bottom that's just a bunch of spam. Remember, if it's too good to be true, it most likely is.

I agree Bitmain might release. Also this site is only 20 days old.....Creation Date: 2018-02-22
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:03:43 AM

The answer is no (too memory prohibitive to be feasible) and this is a scam, watch out.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:22:36 AM

Hello all,

Thanks

It's not possible. It could be microcomputer with integrated video chips but it parameters will be worse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: