Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about stablecoins and price volatility?  (Read 260 times)
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:15:09 AM

Very few coins were stable from its existence. These can be used as an asset for backing of traditional fiat, because there are people who fear of keep holding their hard earnings into the banking. These coins won't be helping in the profiting through trading and other means of opportunities.

USD Tether I know that stable coin but this coin is not certified legit and might run in the future because they have no proof of funds in the bank that backed their token. Just a pure hearsay from their announcement. I remember last time that USDT has an issue on SEC because they can't provide proof of funds. If I remember correctly, There are some tokens that burned on Bitfinex.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:29:33 AM

If we are afraid of losing and risk is a big issue,, why the hell you were investing in cryptocurrency?? Try stock market of real state instead.. The one that attracts the crypto investors is it’s volatility,, the chance to buy at the very low and sold at a higher price,, profits is what we are here for?? And that’s should be it,, those who wanted a stablecoin are businessmen who wants to used it as a currency..

I’m a HODLER a long term investor..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Alik_Rzasoy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:25:04 PM

Hey guys, saw this read today about stablecoins and I'm curious what you think about them. Personally not a fan of tether for obvious reasons lol. Heard about the up and coming havven which isn't backed by fiat or gold. All very interesting projects that can lead to everyday transactions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#71d1bb314fc6

Well i think stable coins is not an object of having more profit, as you think that people who are trying to get more coins is because to have more assets but not just possessing them. Thats why stable coins are not useful, and i think there are some insufficiencies behind the Tether, thats why am not recommending it to you.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:48:04 PM

Hey guys, saw this read today about stablecoins and I'm curious what you think about them. Personally not a fan of tether for obvious reasons lol. Heard about the up and coming havven which isn't backed by fiat or gold. All very interesting projects that can lead to everyday transactions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shermanlee/2018/03/12/explaining-stable-coins-the-holy-grail-of-crytpocurrency/#71d1bb314fc6

Well i think stable coins is not an object of having more profit, as you think that people who are trying to get more coins is because to have more assets but not just possessing them. Thats why stable coins are not useful, and i think there are some insufficiencies behind the Tether, thats why am not recommending it to you.
Yeah stable coins like Tether are the safe haven for some traders to avoid losses when the market is on the bear run or it is fluctuating negatively, most of the trades I see on the CMC have pairings for some of the stable coins and local fiat currencies whether they are cashing out or they are just
securing their own losses so it is not for the sole purpose of earning profit but they are used for some occasions and events, don't know if Tether resolved their own issues about the printing USDT without the backing of the physical USD.
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:25:43 PM

I think this article may be useful : "Bringing Stablecoins to the next level"
https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f

it was published by GLOBCOIN but it offers a good view on the stablecoin market these days
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

I would prefer volatile over stable.
With volatility, you can easily gain profit by investing when the value is low and sell them when the price is high.
Though the idea of stablecoins is pretty good I guess. You can finally buy something with digital money as it is more acceptable and constant without a third party and more convenient.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 03:55:18 PM

stablecoin= centralization = stable price.   cryptocurrencies= decentralization = price volatility.
The two concepts are contradictory. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
One of the most important features of cryptocurrencies is decentralization and whenever the currency is decentralized, the price will be highly volatile.
These currencies fail to maintain its value but volatility can lead to great profits.
stablecoins keeps it value, which leads to ease of daily use, but centralization is the main reason for giving up such currencies as it is based on assets if collapsed, its price collapse.
I do not think stablecoins have a place in the future, but coins like haven deserve to be accepted

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:37:19 PM

Stable coins would probably increase the use of cryptos with retailers etc as they would be sure that by receiving a certain value in crypto it would still maintain that value.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:46:15 PM

I don't think people are interested in stable coins because it is centralised and we can't make profits from stable coins,it is just a backup coin to store the value of crypto when a decentralized crypto price is falling.I think the stable coins are nearly same as the fiat money so we can't consider them as crypto currencies,the main reason for the invention of crypto currency is to implement the decentralization so volatile coins is important for us.
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

stablecoin= centralization = stable price.   cryptocurrencies= decentralization = price volatility.
The two concepts are contradictory. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
One of the most important features of cryptocurrencies is decentralization and whenever the currency is decentralized, the price will be highly volatile.
These currencies fail to maintain its value but volatility can lead to great profits.
stablecoins keeps it value, which leads to ease of daily use, but centralization is the main reason for giving up such currencies as it is based on assets if collapsed, its price collapse.
I do not think stablecoins have a place in the future, but coins like haven deserve to be accepted
Very well said which both things are really very contradictory which they do really have their own field and as an investor we would really able to see the opportunity which we can able to see in decentralized things yet volatility is high but when it comes to security then we would really stick into traditional local fiat currencies since we do know they are regulated and stable.Its just really a normal transitional on which things we do like to engage when we do see opportunities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Simon Eaton

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:02:34 PM

I also don't really love the thought of needing a stable coin just because of the way it reflects on the market as a whole. You would hope there would be a coin that was relatively stable but as of yet the market doesn't seem to be mature enough to have a coin that is relatively volatility averse. That being said, in order for this industry to grow we need an avenue for investors to not get decimated by price volatility and this is where stable coins come in. I think they are a necessary evil that will not be going anywhere until the market reaches maturity. I think we all have our suspicions regarding tether. We do have some great stable coin projects in the pipeline and I think 2018 will see an influx of some really good alternatives
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:38:04 PM

There aren't stable 'coins'. And I'm talking in general, including the fiat money. USD is stable? To what? Losing % or %% in month to Euro and Yuan.
On the other hand, I like volatility of crypto coins. This is the way to do coins.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:55:09 PM

Tether has an alternative now. Its called TrueUSD. You can know all about it,have a look: https://cryptovest.com/news/true-usd-whats-good-to-know-about-the-new-fixed-price-token-project/
I personally am not a big fan of tether or any other stable cryptocurrencies. Love those which are legit and volatile. Tether is shady shit. Not many of these stable coins exist right now,so I bother to care less.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██