Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 09:06:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-13] - Binance To Launch Decentralized Trading Platform  (Read 109 times)
Hannahanto (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:57:44 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/worlds-largest-crypto-exchange-binance-to-launch-decentralized-trading-platform

Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, announced that it is officially developing a public Blockchain to create a new decentralized exchange, according a statement on March 13.

Binance’s vision that “centralized and decentralized exchanges will co-exist in the near future, complementing each other” inspired them to develop the Binance Chain, which  will be used for the transfer and trading of Blockchain assets. The move will also push the cryptocurrency exchange toward transforming from a company into a community.

Your thoughts on it?
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:25:17 AM

I wish I had more information on how exactly it would work. There are other decentralized platforms like the newly created DDREX, Oasis Dex, BitShares and the best of all EtherDelta. Most use ETH-based technologies or it's a 0x layer.

Binance saying that the future lies in creating, and strengthen, the communities is very interesting. But is it still possible to put so many different assets and still provide statistical information while maintaining anonymity?

And we still need a middle man between fiat and the world of cryptocurrency. I hope there are people working to solve this problem as well.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:39:59 AM

I wish I had more information on how exactly it would work. There are other decentralized platforms like the newly created DDREX, Oasis Dex, BitShares and the best of all EtherDelta. Most use ETH-based technologies or it's a 0x layer.

Binance saying that the future lies in creating, and strengthen, the communities is very interesting. But is it still possible to put so many different assets and still provide statistical information while maintaining anonymity?

And we still need a middle man between fiat and the world of cryptocurrency. I hope there are people working to solve this problem as well.

Without developing their own chain I would imagine it would be similar to OpenLedger on the BitShares exchange.  All of OpenLedgers markets run on the BitShares blockchain while they collect the trading fees.  Users maintain control of all their funds/keys.  They are also able to charge exchanging open.BTC > BTC and vice versa.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: