Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:36:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOVING SALE!! GPUs and 1200 power supply!  (Read 912 times)
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 03:38:43 PM

The pool I mine in has been getting worse lately, and with my impending move-across-the-country date getting closer, I decided to stop mining a little early and sell most of my GPUs, I'll keep a couple to build my next gaming PC with.  I thought I'd give you first shot at them here, before ebay gets them.  I'd rather not pay ebay fees anyhow.  Here's what I have available:

Corsair AX 1200 watt power supply, $200 (cost $300 new)
HIS Ice-Q 7950 (5 weeks old, I ordered 3 from newegg brand new) $200
Sapphire dual fan 7950, $200
Radeon 6870, $100
Radeon 6770, $75
Sapphire 7970 dual fan, $225

Total - $1000 plus shipping

All these parts have mined Bitcoin and Litecoin for me, I did not try any BIOS mods or anything crazy, just mild overclocking as CGMiner and MSI Afterburner would permit.

Let me know as soon as possible, I may post them on ebay soon.  PM me here or email / paypal to loudmouthtim@hotmail.com .

I think I'll stick to good old fashioned US Dollars on these instead of BTC / LTC trades, although I could trade coins if the price were right.

Tim

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:18:14 PM

post photos and use escrow
timk225 (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 06:55:48 PM

Have you ever seen photos of a Corsair ax1200 psu or a 7950?  There's your photos, these are not different.

Never needed to use escrow before, what about PayPal?  Does someone here manage escrow sales, and how do I know I can trust them?
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 07:18:33 PM

Seems legit.. Roll Eyes
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 12:23:56 AM

Seems legit.. Roll Eyes

probably is, since he said he'd take paypal

hint: dont take paypal
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:42:55 AM

If you want to do PayPal just stick em on eBay.
timk225 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:42:43 PM

Trying to avoid ebay, they charge 10% fees on computer stuff.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:41:45 PM

Have you ever seen photos of a Corsair ax1200 psu or a 7950?  There's your photos, these are not different.

Never needed to use escrow before, what about PayPal?  Does someone here manage escrow sales, and how do I know I can trust them?

Photos are to provide some proof that you own them. Its common scammer tactic to sell something they don't actually own. Post pictures of the equipment you are selling, plus a piece of paper in each picture with handwritten "timk225 @ bitcointalk Oct. 17, 2013"

Tomatocage does free escrow, but only in bitcoin. It's impossible to escrow paypal. But if someone pays you with paypal with the "goods/merchandise" option, that will allow them to chargeback, which is bad for you. If someone pays you with paypal with the "for friends/family" option, its more difficult for them to chargeback, but they can claim fraud instead to get the same end result.

If you're really set on paypal, only do it with someone who you can trust. Look up their Trust or previous trades on the forums, or if they don't have any, ask for any other sort of trust, like a heatware, but they must provide proof, such as messaging you from the same place as they claim their trust is at.

Finally, I think it's probably to crosspost these to ebay as well, but for 15% more than what you are asking for here. It will cover ebay and paypal fees, and you will come ahead slightly, while giving the impression that you are offering a discount here on the forums. It's what I did, and I sold everything eventually. Here's my monster trading thread that should give you an idea on how to post something you want to sell. More details is always better because it makes it a less pain in the ass for buyers to get the info that they need.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=219185.0;all

timk225 (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:46:17 PM

Aight, I'll see about getting photos, I was just being lazy about it.

I'd have to pull the GPUs out of the computers they are in, photograph them, reinstall everything, transfer photos to my email, download to my PC, upload to this site or even worse, some photo sharing site which I'm a member of none, then link them here... too much hassle.  

PM me a phone number and I'll send photos.

I can put them on eBay for a Buy It Now auction, then someone can see them and message me and I'll stop the auction and the person gets them from me off-ebay.  That way they save a little cash, I get more from not paying fees, and ebay gets the SHAFT!  10% fees is ridiculous!!!
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:54:46 PM

I'd have to pull the GPUs out of the computers they are in, photograph them, reinstall everything, transfer photos to my email, download to my PC, upload to this site or even worse, some photo sharing site which I'm a member of none, then link them here... too much hassle.  

I can put them on eBay for a Buy It Now auction, then someone can see them and message me and I'll stop the auction and the person gets them from me off-ebay.  That way they save a little cash, I get more from not paying fees, and ebay gets the SHAFT!  10% fees is ridiculous!!!

You could do the off-ebay deal, but then you run into the problem of chargeback scammers.

BTW, if you sell frequently on ebay, you should get their basic store subscription. It will lower your final value fee from 10% to 4%. I found this out -after- I sold 20 grand worth of computer-related equipment on ebay, so I lost a lot of money.

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:24:46 PM

You could do the off-ebay deal, but then you run into the problem of chargeback scammers.

BTW, if you sell frequently on ebay, you should get their basic store subscription. It will lower your final value fee from 10% to 4%. I found this out -after- I sold 20 grand worth of computer-related equipment on ebay, so I lost a lot of money.

and how much this subscription is worth / what are the guidelines? in 2 words please

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:34:25 PM

and how much this subscription is worth / what are the guidelines? in 2 words please

depends, http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/store-getstarted.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: