Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] HODL or HOLD  (Read 167 times)
ChotyDonat (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:33:32 AM

HODL is slang term in the Bitcoin community that describes it as a principle to keep investing with Bitcoin and not give up on the decline in bitcoin prices

A favorite spell from Bitcoin holders. In Bitcoin community HODL is backronym for Hold On for Dear Life. HODL becomes an original term for Bitcoin, this term is not derived from forex.

The word HODL was first popularized by a user named "GameKyuubi," uploaded shortly after what is currently remembered as the legendary Bitcoin price fall in December 2013. The post is known as I AM HODLING. letter D before the letter L
GameKyuubi "posted that he is a bad trader and “I KNOW I'M A BAD TRADER’, He said.
He criticized other traders who suddenly sold their coins because of the price fell. He said,”You only sell in a bear market if you are a good day trader or an illusioned noob.  The people inbetween hold.  In a zero-sum game such as this, traders can only take your money if you sell’.
He principled not to sell his coins even if the price plummeted. By holding back his emotions he said: "I am Holding." But he he wrongly wrote the word hold to hodl. “ I AM HODLING “he wrote down the post title.

This the original post by GameKyuubi
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:10:11 PM

HODL is slang term in the Bitcoin community that describes it as a principle to keep investing with Bitcoin and not give up on the decline in bitcoin prices

A favorite spell from Bitcoin holders. In Bitcoin community HODL is backronym for Hold On for Dear Life. HODL becomes an original term for Bitcoin, this term is not derived from forex.

The word HODL was first popularized by a user named "GameKyuubi," uploaded shortly after what is currently remembered as the legendary Bitcoin price fall in December 2013. The post is known as I AM HODLING. letter D before the letter L
GameKyuubi "posted that he is a bad trader and “I KNOW I'M A BAD TRADER’, He said.
He criticized other traders who suddenly sold their coins because of the price fell. He said,”You only sell in a bear market if you are a good day trader or an illusioned noob.  The people inbetween hold.  In a zero-sum game such as this, traders can only take your money if you sell’.
He principled not to sell his coins even if the price plummeted. By holding back his emotions he said: "I am Holding." But he he wrongly wrote the word hold to hodl. “ I AM HODLING “he wrote down the post title.

This the original post by GameKyuubi
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375643.0

Thanks for this.
There are a lot of people in the cryptocurrency community who see cyrptocurrency terms and slangs and have no idea what it means. I've personally have people ask me about certain terms and words which they came across but didn't know what it meant and I always take out time to educate and answer whatever questions they might have.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:24:18 PM

I think that HODL - is not "trading", it is "investing". And by HODL you will win in most of your investments. If you are going to make money through trading, you have to be ready for trading during several days. And from this side the main problem is sell your asset in time. I think "don't sell in time" is main mistake in trading.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:33:31 PM

It may post with a simple word but we can see for ourselves the fame with the word hold that can make famous until now, and indeed in need to restrain in doing bitcoin trade.
ivrytwr3

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:38:05 PM

Hodl!! A term i use for crypto and a term that is slowly making its way into day to day speak!!
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:00:24 PM

Holding is a very famous name to date in the world of cryptocurrency, and it's also a very good term to use and is also done in Cryptocurrency trading.
deep_thought

Activity: 63
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:13:19 PM

I still read it as "hold" or "holding" but i always write it as "hodl" or "hodling". Cheesy
That thread was epic and will remain in the hall of fame of btc history. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: