Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Sinks As Google Moves To Ban All Crypto, ICO Ads In June  (Read 431 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:33:37 PM

Well, guess I'd be seeing less of those side bar ads on Youtube. You only need to look up bitcoin once for them to keep popping up.

Well, this definitely rattled some people but I don't think the effect would be huge in the long run. Sure newer coins would find it harder to advertise their ICOs (same for exchanges) but long established cryptos like BTC and ETH don't need the advertisement that much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:58:43 PM

Interesting how Google Ads never caused any pumps or were relevent to the price of Bitcoin but once they stopped them the price fell like crazy. That right here is bs.
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

Well, I think that the think that google and facebook has decided to do is completely logical and is something that they were forced or had to do since most of the ICOs or cryptos out there being or have been advertised are/were scams. This may probably be the reason why they have decided to get rid of these advertising since it may ruin their names if people get scammed by the ICOs or coins that they have advertised. But even with this news, I think that crypto will still survive since they are not the only things needed for ICOs or coins to be advertised.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:58:52 PM

Well, I think that the think that google and facebook has decided to do is completely logical and is something that they were forced or had to do since most of the ICOs or cryptos out there being or have been advertised are/were scams. This may probably be the reason why they have decided to get rid of these advertising since it may ruin their names if people get scammed by the ICOs or coins that they have advertised. But even with this news, I think that crypto will still survive since they are not the only things needed for ICOs or coins to be advertised.

It's a tough balance from their point of view because they're not directly responsible for what their customers do. I'm sure somewhere deep within their T+Cs it mentions that all advertisements are not endorsed by them and any risk or loss is the customers responsibility. Given that they could've continued from a legal point of view but their reputation is what's at stake.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
merchantmafnchester778f

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:21:17 AM

I dont think there is so much power in any of the earthly matter to sink bitcoins! except the investers of bitcoins itself Wink
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:49:12 AM

If this news at the beginning of the appearance of Bitcoin will have an effect, but everyone knows Bitcoin now.
As you said, advertisers will look elsewhere.
If this ban occurs, the positives will be more than negative :
  • first page google search scammers
  • Reducing the success of scam airdrops
  • Low price of Bitcoin in the short-term
You pointed out the positive and the whole thing about this news. Every social networking sites had done this before it starts with Facebook banning all cryptocurrencies, and a week ago the Twitter wherein there is something more relevant output after they release the wholes description on that news.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
argonresonates3

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:48:13 AM

I really wants from my core of heart that bitcoins sinks because it will be either way harmful for the global population and its finance
desktopimprove

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:37:49 AM

I am simple onlooker of this forum. I am not a member of btc economy and so dont know much about it
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:03:10 AM

google banning bitcoin hurts the cryptocurrency world since google is an advertising platform. investors would want to invest on other corporations

If it is to have an adverse effect on cryptocurrency, it won't have an extra ordinary effect on it. These are part of the fud that the digital currency has to pass through. We have read about so many of such cutting across most of the big names in advertising. So we don't expect it to be of much problem. It shall become the past.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

google banning bitcoin hurts the cryptocurrency world since google is an advertising platform. investors would want to invest on other corporations

If it is to have an adverse effect on cryptocurrency, it won't have an extra ordinary effect on it. These are part of the fud that the digital currency has to pass through. We have read about so many of such cutting across most of the big names in advertising. So we don't expect it to be of much problem. It shall become the past.
Apparently this Fud or real news from the social networking sites have in more good outcome its like the other institutions that keeps on making a conference to talk about this cryptocurrencies. Bitcoins is already a big part of our globe and it is the most big thing that many people sees to be the next and soon to be a currency that is widely use across the globe.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:00:58 AM

I try google ads before. But I think I haven't got a sale using a google ads. Its ineffective. What I observe back then I think all the paid clicks are all bots. Because I haven't got a sale or even a inquiry using Google. So I think its fine. I just hope we are fine with other social media were we can use as advertisement. 

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:05:06 AM

I try google ads before. But I think I haven't got a sale using a google ads. Its ineffective. What I observe back then I think all the paid clicks are all bots. Because I haven't got a sale or even a inquiry using Google. So I think its fine. I just hope we are fine with other social media were we can use as advertisement. 
Agreed, but there are specific Google ad words which we need to find researching. Only with those words being used for our service can easily get good traffic. Being the top search engine bitcoin will experience an early effect which will automatically gets saturated within a short.
LovellaSai

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:48:32 PM

We the btcsians dont need any digital media for advertising and publicise the bitcoins; we the human advertisers are enough Wink
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:39:42 PM

We the btcsians dont need any digital media for advertising and publicise the bitcoins; we the human advertisers are enough Wink

There is no need for Bitcoin advertising, almost everyone on this planet know what Bitcoin is or have heard about it. But other coins and tokens would benefit greatly from advertising, and for them this is bad news. Because competition for top coins beside Bitcoin is harsh, and they need every bit of help they can get. But this will not last forever so...
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:44:16 PM

I never clicked on ANY Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc ads, and I am sure most of the people don't do that either. I think it's safe to say that the ads popping up are more of an annoying factor for people searching for something, than something useful. On the other hand, even when people don't actually click on these links, they at least have seen it for a short while, and that exposure is worthwhile for the service or scam behind the ad as well. It at least is buried somewhere deep in your brain, where at some point in the future if you think about investing or lending to make passive income, that service might pop up and make you actually search for it.
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:24:10 PM

I never clicked on ANY Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc ads, and I am sure most of the people don't do that either. I think it's safe to say that the ads popping up are more of an annoying factor for people searching for something, than something useful. On the other hand, even when people don't actually click on these links, they at least have seen it for a short while, and that exposure is worthwhile for the service or scam behind the ad as well. It at least is buried somewhere deep in your brain, where at some point in the future if you think about investing or lending to make passive income, that service might pop up and make you actually search for it.
I don't even do such, I wonder why I still see some ads in facebook sometimes. Anyway, reducing advertisements is still practical to do since we can do researc on what ICO to support, some just because of the hype from advertisement makes it  success but after a while it lose its value.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:34:55 PM

Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat. It seems all of the main social media platforms are banning ICO advertisements, I guess they really do want to keep the public ignorant about blockchain. Maybe they're under pressure from government as it's very suspicious that these all occurred at once, almost like a blanket attack.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
viacoininfuse

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:54:15 PM

its true that btcs are on their back to a much extent due to facebook and even google banning ICO and ads; but still btcs arent sunk
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:36:23 AM

Smiley   Smiley      I feel this news is not nearly as big as I hear .actually when using Google I've rarely coming across crypto advert and all are shittly scammers in ICOs ever see them what ever anything it could actually be a positive you definitely should not be hurting prices of bitcoin so I think its a lot of pricing fall than just this news but bitcoin really drops regardless of any news .its just the end of this bubble would help when people could realize here for sec.
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:43:55 AM

I think this bans will make cryptomarket more healthy from scamming ICO. With ads bans, that will make people doing research about ICO they want to join and not just attracted with catchy ads.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: