Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:28:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When an ALT gets listed on exchange how is the price determined?  (Read 1147 times)
trademindxofficial (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 12:23:08 PM

Hey guys,

Question I have is: once an ICO is over and later an ALT coin/token gets listed on exchange, how is the price of the ALT determined?

Is there for example a formula that is used by exchanges based on ICO sale price or is it just pure supply/demand? So in the case of the latter, does the exchange simply list the coin and let the buy/sell orders drive the price?

Also to add to this question, if an ICO decided to give away ALL it's coins/tokens as an airdrop, can it still be listed on exchange? Or that would not be possible?

Look forward to feedback on this.

The price is determined by the demand of the market. The exchange initial price has no meaning.
For the second question you could take a look at Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin gold, Ontology. All have been doing really well on the market. In fact the airdrop of 1000 ONT for subscribers turned into the price of 1 BTC.

Thanks have not heard of Ontology - will look into! Sounds exactly what I'm looking for.
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:04:33 PM

Hey guys,

Question I have is: once an ICO is over and later an ALT coin/token gets listed on exchange, how is the price of the ALT determined?

Is there for example a formula that is used by exchanges based on ICO sale price or is it just pure supply/demand? So in the case of the latter, does the exchange simply list the coin and let the buy/sell orders drive the price?

Also to add to this question, if an ICO decided to give away ALL it's coins/tokens as an airdrop, can it still be listed on exchange? Or that would not be possible?

Usually the dev  or the team set the ICO price on the exchange and let the market or the traders decide whether they will dump it or they will pump it. If the demand is good it will probably pump specially  if it has small supply.
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:17:47 PM

If the new token after ICO first enters the exchange, its initial price is set by the ICO command. However, then the price of this token is formed solely on the basis of supply and demand. And constantly the price is influenced by various factors. If the ICO project is still unfolding, then the price of the token will only increase with time.

Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:11:32 PM

it took me a while to figure it out i think the price is determined of how much peope buy and sell the coin and the idea of the project.
ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:12:11 PM

For a currency to have value, it needs two important things: first, long-term sustainability through portfolios and users who are buying and selling digital currency in exchanges while using storage methods to maintain their currencies, is the classic offer and demand for the coins. And second, Business / Usability, if a company accepts a cryptocurrency as a form of payment, this gives usability, that is, these currencies are an exchange of value. If your currency complies with these characteristics your demand will increase by determining your price upwards or the opposite may occur, therefore the price is not determined by the exchange.
Waqas vicky

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:52:47 PM

it based on the seller and buyers decision.
People are setting the price of any token in the market, it is based on the supply and demand.
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:15:25 AM

There is no exact basis for the rise and fall! Everything according to market rules! Another part is that the "shark" manipulates the market!
But I always believe the digital money market will grow in the near future!
jgaspar

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:21:25 PM

Answering second one, I think that an ICO that is doing that, instead of burning coin are devaluating them, because of dump
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:23:58 PM

The price is determined by supply-demand as it is said in friends. But I think the team that sells tokens is buying at a certain price so that they can fall in price. In this way they prevent their token from depreciating to a certain level.
March_Pro

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:34:02 PM

I think if ico succeeds and alt gets list exchange. Their price is very high, because many people know it is the best way
Ucoz

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:51:35 PM

Hey guys,

Everything depends heavily on the state of the market, if it is on the rise, when the token is listed on the exchange, it can cost more than the price on the ICO was, when the market is in the price can be often lower, also it depends when the tokens for the bounty company where distributed, usually the price of the token is peaked a few days after the listing, and then everyone forgets about the token and the next pump will happen only after good news or a list on a new exchange.

WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:11:21 PM

You'll notice that once coins get listed on an exchange, their starting price is often WAY higher than the price they end up dropping to. I think a lot of people just dump their coins on the first chance they can get, which is when it is released on an exchange. Very rarely will there be a coin that get listed that doesn't immediately see a massive drop in price.
oliviancool

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:44:18 PM

There is an initial price specified in ICO, but when the coin goes to the exchange, the price is less and then if the coin or token is in demand then it starts to increase..
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:03:56 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2018, 12:42:10 PM by jpoker272727

Everything depends heavily on the state of the market, if it is on the rise, when the token is listed on the exchange, it can cost more than the price on the ICO was, when the market is in the price can be often lower, also it depends when the tokens for the bounty company where distributed, usually the price of the token is peaked a few days after the listing, and then everyone forgets about the token and the next pump will happen only after good news or a list on a new exchange.

sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:20:19 PM

In my opinion, price is based on the first decision of ICO's campaign and it is rising or falling in accordance to the current results of going on project.
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:19:32 PM

I believe they must have a set of standard that determines the price of coins. Later the usefulness of the alt coin can greatly contribute to its price. If you look at the market today,  you will notice that some altcoin keep falling in price on a daily basis, but in that same market you find out some coins are growing at a high speed.
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 10:46:23 PM

I would say the opening price should open up at the last ICO price that was used.  This should make a smooth transition over to the exchange trading.  I know on day 1 its usually a wild ride.  Spike up (sometimes huge) follwed by a sharp down. 
Aleksey1958

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:06:42 AM

The coin comes to the exchanges with the price that was on the ico, the price already depends on the purchases, sales of the coin and on the volume
moepaing

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:58:25 AM

There are many factors of this determination and everything depends on the alternative cryptocurrency and exchange there. I think that there is not the right answer without information.
trainer67

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:20:13 AM

I think prices were initially determined by ICO suppliers, but price increases were reduced by supply and demand.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: