Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 01:20:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google will ban ICO and crypto ads?  (Read 422 times)
WernerCryptonoid (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:34:10 AM

Guys hi,

Did you hear about it?

In a post published Tuesday, the firm suggested that it will certainly change its existing monetary product restriction listing in June this year, blacklisting ad web content “including yet not limited to initial coin offerings (ICO), cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency purses, as well as cryptocurrency trading suggestions.”

“Such advertisements will not be allowed to serve,” the blog checks out. In addition, the restriction will relate to Google’s both proprietary as well as associated ad systems.

“We do not have a crystal ball to know what the future expects the market to cry out. But we have seen enough harm for consumers in this area, so we want to approach it with particular caution, “- said on Google.

The bitcoin price was largely unchanged after Google’s announcement.

source:http://icowatchers.co/google-will-ban-ico-and-crypto-advertisements/
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:38:48 AM

Guys hi,

Did you heard about it?

In a post published Tuesday, the firm suggested that it will certainly change its existing monetary product restriction listing in June this year, blacklisting ad web content “including yet not limited to initial coin offerings (ICO), cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency purses, as well as cryptocurrency trading suggestions.”

“Such advertisements will not be allowed to serve,” the blog checks out. In addition, the restriction will relate to Google’s both proprietary as well as associated ad systems.

“We do not have a crystal ball to know what the future expects the market to cry out. But we have seen enough harm for consumers in this area, so we want to approach it with particular caution, “- said on Google.

Google advertisements are very useful to promote bitcoin, alternative coins and exchangers, this helps the particular ICO to promote their coin to be successful. If this is true its a breakdown to many ICO that is using google to advertise and promote, I hope youtube ads will not be same as this. I think government is accountable for this happenings since government do have control over this and against cryptocurrencies somehow.
WernerCryptonoid (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:51:43 AM

I think bitcoin is going to go full in the black market. After these news the bitcoin went down a bit.

andreevaviktoriy77

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:09:01 AM

I think for Google it will be very strange to make a ban on advertising crypto currency even I can not imagine what could happen they will lose a lot of money
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

I saw this news 2 days ago, my first reaction was to weep for cryptocurrency. Because, when facebook made their own announcement, it actually caused some stir but not as much as this one. Google is at the heart of internet right now, so they have a lot of influence on the internet.

However, i still believe that cryptocurrency can only be stopped by the internet itself. And a lot people have come to say that this is practically impossible.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
krainzmaster

Activity: 82
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

I think more and more real companies will do their own ICO with usecases. So an ICO advertisement will not looks like now, it will change that they promote the company behind it, but with a small teaser that they will do an ICO. So in this case actually it could bring value in the market, that there are more valuable ICOs in the future. But of course it's way harder to promote the ICO itself and bring it to the people.
May I be right with this thoughts?
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:22:40 AM

I think in this issue ads are being advertised about the ico and because it simply comes out when you open the sites.
shinchan123

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:23:48 AM

Guys hi,

Did you hear about it?

Well advertisements actually help ICOs and cryptocurrency to accumulate investors. We may not feel the short-term impact of it when this totally takes place, but I am sure it will surely harm cryptocurrency. However, as we know a lot of people are into cryptocurrency and I am sure people and developers will find a way on how to market cryptocurrency.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:46:47 AM

Another big FUD, this is why bitcoin's price is keep going down.
Just wait it till the news come in and say that google not doing that, the price will rebound
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:52:19 AM

These all FUD can't stop. It's looks like someone trying to shutdown all Cryptocurrency. G20 summit, Facebook ban, and now Goodle ads. Such an arranged scheme.

kokowannabe

Activity: 945
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:55:00 AM

are you sure the news is true? news like this that will make bitcoin price is down and if its true please give the link.
andrei214

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:00:16 PM

Guys hi,

Did you hear about it?

We hope that it wont going to happen.Because the fastest way to give and to inform people about bitcoin are by the use of social media sites.Due to people usual usage of internet, Social media sites are the best way to show ads.

▲▼ ZICHAIN ▲▼ ▲▼  JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO ▲▼ FACEBOOK ▲▼ TELEGRAM ▲▼ TWITTER ▲▼ THREAD ▲▼ REDDIT  ▲▼
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1501

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:06:21 PM

Guys hi,

Did you hear about it?

I am little sceptical about this announcement. I havent seen any such posts coming out of Google and Icowatchers blog also did not cite any link to their blog. So the source remains unknown and un-verifiable.

But if this happens, it will not be a good news for the community. A large portion of the Cryptocurrency marketing is done through google ads. If it suddenly gets stopped, it will harm the market in a big way. Google should have stopped ponzi advertising instead of Cryptocurrency.

revo999

Activity: 86

2D animator

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:11:08 PM

Seems like big money makers around the world not liking bitcoin
this step show frustrations of big money guns
tree1100hn

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:21:25 PM

In fact, Google and facebook was the same, nothing special, now encrypted digital currency in other media report has been a lot of, can obtain more information, also need not generalize the basic, and ICO has his own channel, such as telegram or discord. These are the ICO natural harbor.
Therefore, Google's decision has no effect on the encrypted digital currency represented by BTC. He is the company's behavior, not the government's supervision measures!
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:23:51 PM

I have also read the news. yesterday facebook ban ICO ads, now google. a very unfortunate situation. but I hope it is just a discourse and never happened. because if that happens, it can make bounty campaign performance difficult.
dropthebomb.io

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

Need a Bombic PR? 💣

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:24:38 PM

I think for Google it will be very strange to make a ban on advertising crypto currency even I can not imagine what could happen they will lose a lot of money
I agree with you, it's completely weird thing to do. It seems to me Google gonna getting a great loss

💣💣💣Alternative Promo Solutions For non-ICO pricing 💣💣💣
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:28:16 PM

There's a lot of scams going on in crypto. I'm not sure if Google will really bad crypto ads. The same thing happened with Facebook and I'm still seeing crypto ads.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:34:06 PM

But how? there is no legal reason for google to stop such advertisements, most ones are not illegal so they have the right to advertise through google. But google is strange company  Angry

maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

it will only create a good opportunity for the new platforms working on decentralized ads which I have seen already quite few. Google just proving how centralized entities simply don't work
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: