Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:06:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google to ban ICO and cryptocurrency AD  (Read 266 times)
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:20:17 PM

I sympathise with all the comments about advertising should be allowed and we don't need protection from ourselves as we can make our own minds up. But the thing is Google has a monopoly of the internet. It basically runs the internet and so it is able to do whatever it wants with no comebacks. This is the trouble with allowing companies to get so big and achieve market dominance. We simply cannot fight back. So however much we disagree with their policies, including banning crypto ads from June, there is simply nothing we can do as we are completely powerless against them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aalborg

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:30:45 PM

I saw these news in the Internet. And sure, I was disappointed a lot by two reasons. Firstly, it will bring  absolutely negative inflation on crypto currency. People need to hear and have an access to the information! Secondly, as for me, it is unclear position and decision for such great innovative company as Google.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:38:11 PM

With This news I believe the whole crypto universe has to be held responsible. Why?

Because a lot of startups overhype and promote their projects so much that it starts to constitute nuisance to people who as not generally interested in cryptos.

Only about 5% or less if the world population have adopted cryptocurrency or on the positive side of the crypto discussions, meaning there are potentially billions of people that are skeptical or downrightly against cryptos.

Bottom line: Google is a company, a global business that makes 80% of its revenue from ads. So when something is causing pain to a larger portion of their customers they have to do something about it.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Larry Page or Sergei is a personal fan of crypto, because this is purely business.

DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:42:21 PM

In fact, it's time for the cryptoworld to become self-sufficient. Now this world depends on centralized management, including in the network. A decentralized network, currencies, exchanges, other services all this is still separately and have not power. Needed to combine all it.
And Google and Facebook will not be able to do anything.

Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:10:19 PM

In fact, it's time for the cryptoworld to become self-sufficient. Now this world depends on centralized management, including in the network. A decentralized network, currencies, exchanges, other services all this is still separately and have not power. Needed to combine all it.
And Google and Facebook will not be able to do anything.
This take a lot of time, to create decentralized platforms which can compete with centralized ones is a long run work. The last case with google showed us, that if someone wants, so can change things very fast. I really don't believe that google will do this due to customers...to be people in safe in front of scammers...google does things because of profit or if someone force it to do something Smiley
Osiris0

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

Google is going to change its financial product policy in June this year. They have mentioned in the recent blog post that cryptocurrency ads, Initial Coin offering and related content like cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice will be removed from June 2018.

This will affect all of Google's ad products, meaning companies will not be able to serve crypto-related ads on the search engine giant’s own sites, as well as third-party sites in its network.

Just after a month of Facebook announcing that it would enforce a similar policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings to prevent cryptocurrency related promotions that might deliberately misguide investors, google has decided to update its financial product policy.

Google's official blog : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265
As you may already know. Twitter also was forced to do exactly the same thing - but honestly I am sure that it is good for the crypto! We will have much less scam ICO and all that greedy stuff, we will see only trustworthy teams and respect to crypto will increase. So in long-term it is good, short-term probably will not so good. Shocked
hastag_80

Activity: 392

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:27:03 PM

Google is going to change its financial product policy in June this year. They have mentioned in the recent blog post that cryptocurrency ads, Initial Coin offering and related content like cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice will be removed from June 2018.

This will affect all of Google's ad products, meaning companies will not be able to serve crypto-related ads on the search engine giant’s own sites, as well as third-party sites in its network.

Just after a month of Facebook announcing that it would enforce a similar policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings to prevent cryptocurrency related promotions that might deliberately misguide investors, google has decided to update its financial product policy.

Google's official blog : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/7648803?hl=en&ref_topic=29265

Maybe that a hoax news,because mostly when  i open googles they feeds to us about cryptocurrency,this means that google is always participating and giving a good information to this community of what really happenning in the world of digital system,definetly just like a  facebook,there some news that they did not commercialize  the cryptocurrency,but until there are so manys ICO promoting in my facebook page,to convince more investment.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
CuteBaby123

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:29:43 PM

Yeah, this is going around the crypto world these days. Its gonna be bad for the ICO and crypto industry. Google is a big company with large audience and we cannot deny the fact that it is contributing to the popularity of ICo, crypto and even those exchanges. If these will be implemented, we must prepare for another battle.

[ GDP ] GOODS DIGITAL PASSPORT
Make Counterfeiting Goods Impossible (https://gdpassport.com/)
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:37:35 PM

Maybe that a hoax news,because mostly when  i open googles they feeds to us about cryptocurrency,this means that google is always participating and giving a good information to this community of what really happenning in the world of digital system,definetly just like a  facebook,there some news that they did not commercialize  the cryptocurrency,but until there are so manys ICO promoting in my facebook page,to convince more investment.

This is not a hoax news this legit which effectivity will takes in june or july but most ads now a days are currently controlled once the google site implementing rules prohibit for initial coin offring and cryptocurrency trading site which pop.up automatically in your dashboard.
bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:47:10 PM

This is really bad informations for crypto market. Everything will change, i hope it will not destroy market, and will be good. Especially now when all prices are red
bitnissa

Activity: 434
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:47:38 PM

I saw a video talking about this, and I agree with the youtuber that says that other avenues of publicity will open and will help to grow these other channels that are crypto friendly and eventually when cryptocurrencies become mainstream they will have or feel forced to review their policy once again.

KittieFIGHT ◆ ◆ Limited Offer: get discount on a limited pool of tokens
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:56:50 PM

last two weeks, Google announced that they will ban or no longer support or accept any ico or crypto related ads on their platforms next to Facebook announcement.
due to that, investors and Crypto enthusiasts felt worried for the outcome due to Google's biggest help and participation on promoting ICOs and attract more investors.
But it's a game changer because scammers or fake ICOs were being advertised on Google and Facebook and ruins investors money as they fall into those scammers.
investor put their trusts on Google and Facebook because the advertisements look legitimate.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:59:14 PM

This is really bad informations for crypto market. Everything will change, i hope it will not destroy market, and will be good. Especially now when all prices are red

I really don't like to consider it a bad news for crypto enthusiasts or organizing crypto and ICOs because for me good ICOs could promote anywhere regarding their ICO information so google is not the only tool who could stop ICOs to promote and advertise their ICO sale.
I do believe that there are too many channels and places to pin their ICO ads like this forum.
I think this forum is enough for them to push their ICOs into popularity.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
HighlanderMonk

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:00:34 PM

I don't think that this news would be a big hit for the cryptocurrency. There are actually many cases of crypto-commercials bans, for example facebook, yandex, and sooun twitter as well.
Hssn

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:04:11 PM

Google, twitter, facebook bans crypto ads which is a bad news,
But this will allow advertisers to create new platform where only cryptocurrency ads only allowed in cryptocurrency niche website,so there is no need to worry.
Black_bl

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:07:47 PM

Google, twitter, facebook bans crypto ads which is a bad news,
But this will allow advertisers to create new platform where only cryptocurrency ads only allowed in cryptocurrency niche website,so there is no need to worry.
That's true, there are already these platform, this is mainly problem for ICOs, because ICOs try to attract new people via advertisement and mostly probably newbies so maybe this is not so bad news. If newbies will be more safe because won't invest into every scam which they see, the whole crypto world will look better
klub88

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:22:34 PM

this bad news for cryptocurrency but best time to buy some coins and hold till end year, because all coins run to decline and we can get some coins with cheaper prices.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: