Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:43:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how I was deceived by the selling bitcoin  (Read 567 times)
KokoExc (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 11:39:19 AM

Good afternoon evening night)
I want to say when I lose something that I still try to believe that I still got something.... and it is an experience and it is priceless)))
Ah so here is the situation the next.. on one site announcements I uploaded the Intel that will sell 1.5 bitcoin without commissions )
Two days later, the message arrived in the mail... with a request to meet ...in anticipation of the meeting I took the flash drive with the keys and went to coffee in our city...
The meeting with the buyer was simple.. nothing complicated stick lying in the pocket of his jacket ... I went to the bathroom for 3 minutes....
come he says well, let's see your chops... well, I'm like come on... eventually... my flash drive was empty.... as Huh AS I can not understand... is within 3 minutes, really all to bear with the stick to remove and hit the road... I wanted to see the cameras later... but the cameras aren't shooting at that place... more shortly... sell everything in your network from the comfort of home )
Maybe someone will help... And if there are people in the know explain how they pulled it off...
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:47:34 AM

Yes, this is an unpleasant situation. One must be careful in such cases and not act alone. It is always better to come with a friend or relative, so that at least one person can control the situation.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Larsius

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:36:02 PM

Ouch. Bad experience for sure. It is a reminder that you always need to keep an eye on your investment.
That and investing in security is the safe way to keep your investment.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

Never leave your wallet alone... You also have the emails of that person? You should declare this to the police.
KokoExc (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

Yes, this is an unpleasant situation. One must be careful in such cases and not act alone. It is always better to come with a friend or relative, so that at least one person can control the situation.

I agree with you ) but it was not possible to invite relatives.. and friends were away.. just be careful friends! this post will be a proof that anything is possible

Never leave your wallet alone... You also have the emails of that person? You should declare this to the police.

Letters there is, even there is number the phone. But the police won't take a statement. Because they won't be able to find out where BTC were listed .. the situation is lost.. be vigilant)  Wink

Ouch. Bad experience for sure. It is a reminder that you always need to keep an eye on your investment.
That and investing in security is the safe way to keep your investment.

Yes I agree with you but if not trust all. it is possible to become crazy
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:19:59 PM

No tangible assets are stolen. Bitcoin in most countries does not recognized as the digital currency. What can the police do in this case?

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:29:04 PM

If you have the emails, they may be able to track the owner of the email? But if you go to the police, you may also have some problems if you didn't declare your bitcoin in your tax declaration as they may also search more information about you...
And i don't know if they would take the time to try to catch the thief...
archierabe100

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

is there a lot of scam everywhere in this site? i mean in bitcointalk im newbie so i dont know about that could someone teach me about that and
where i should i to be careful? Smiley
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:59:19 PM

WTF were you thinking?

There is GDAX or Coinbase for this very purpose.  Unless you really know the person you are dealing with, trying to save on transaction fee (and/or tax) by doing this risky deal is dumb (sorry).
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

Would you leave some one with $10,000 of your cash for 3 minutes?
Silly mistake, probably good as gone, if you have his real details you can try the police, theft is theft, doesn't matter what it is.
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:23:51 PM

When dealing with a complete stranger and value like crypto. It is always better to make sure you check constantly and never trust the person.

altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:45:10 PM

You made very big mistake. 1,5 bitcoin it is not like few dollars. You should take your flash drive together. Reporting this to the police can be problematic, so it is hard to help
KokoExc (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:56:12 PM

Yes, I understand I made a mistake but there's nothing to return to ) learn from my mistakes )
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:02:42 PM

I am sorry for your ordeal, I could remember someone saying he use to take gun with him anytime he wants to do BTC transaction face to face, alot of people have been robbed of their precious BTC, this is a lesson to all security of ones life and asset is very important and story like this happen often
aksay79

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:10:02 PM

this situation is difficult to solve on other people, my advice should be such affairs resolved with people close, I agree with you

TELLURIA
                       █
                     █████
                   ████████
                  ███████  ██
               ███  ██  ██████ 
             ███████  ██████  ██
           ███████  ██  ██  ██████ 
         ███████  ██████  █████████
       ███████████  ██████  ██████  █
     ███████  ██████  ██████  ██  █████
    ██████  ██  ██████  ██████  █████████ 
      ██  ██████  ██████  █████████████
          ████████  ██████  █████████ 
            ████████  ██  ██  █████
              ████████  ██████  █
                ███████████████
                  ███████████
                    ███████
                     ████
EXCHANGE
|| ANN Telegram Group
WP Telegram Channel
Facebook Twitter Reddit      
lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:14:41 PM

I guess I don't fully understand what happened or how you lost the flash drive. You gave it to him and then went to the bathroom? Then he gave it back after and it was empty?

There is nothing really to add here that someone else hasn't already said.

Essentially, you're crazy if you go try to sell crypto to a complete stranger. Then leave said stranger with a flash drive containing your btc while you go to the bathroom.

This all seems like common sense. I do feel bad for you though.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mrt2018

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:22:54 PM

Well he still stole something from you. You should contact the police!!
KokoExc (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:55:09 PM

Well he still stole something from you. You should contact the police!!
the police can't solve anything...unfortunately this is the case

I guess I don't fully understand what happened or how you lost the flash drive. You gave it to him and then went to the bathroom? Then he gave it back after and it was empty?

There is nothing really to add here that someone else hasn't already said.

Essentially, you're crazy if you go try to sell crypto to a complete stranger. Then leave said stranger with a flash drive containing your btc while you go to the bathroom.

This all seems like common sense. I do feel bad for you though.

I never gave it, a usb drive was in the jacket. I went to the bathroom. when he returned and we started to check the contents it was empty
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:04:07 PM

Good afternoon evening night)
I want to say when I lose something that I still try to believe that I still got something.... and it is an experience and it is priceless)))
Ah so here is the situation the next.. on one site announcements I uploaded the Intel that will sell 1.5 bitcoin without commissions )
Two days later, the message arrived in the mail... with a request to meet ...in anticipation of the meeting I took the flash drive with the keys and went to coffee in our city...
The meeting with the buyer was simple.. nothing complicated stick lying in the pocket of his jacket ... I went to the bathroom for 3 minutes....
come he says well, let's see your chops... well, I'm like come on... eventually... my flash drive was empty.... as Huh AS I can not understand... is within 3 minutes, really all to bear with the stick to remove and hit the road... I wanted to see the cameras later... but the cameras aren't shooting at that place... more shortly... sell everything in your network from the comfort of home )
Maybe someone will help... And if there are people in the know explain how they pulled it off...

This is shit off topic nothing related to bitcoin or altcoin related discussion at all. There is separate for the guys like who really do the spam thread which not relevant to here. Go to "OFFTOPIC" child board.
Please do not use this section to do this. I suggest to lock this thread to go with the unnecessary chat on the wrong section.
kom1231

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:25:19 PM

You should not have done this, it was worthwhile before such a transaction to consult someone or read it here
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: