Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 08:25:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how I was deceived by the selling bitcoin  (Read 567 times)
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:46:11 PM

Never selling in private meetings. To me it's better to pay commissions than to risk all my money or even my own health. Greed is bad after all.
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

I just pray some one will come up with more help here and you can really recover your bitcoin. However, like you have said at list you have learned something and not only you some of us has learned something priceless though you are the one that pay the price.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:57:18 AM

Sorry to.hear your loss but there is a saying that mistakes are the prices we pay for knowledge,now you know how deadly people can be and so such a mistake hopefully won't be repeated again.Karma however is still a bitch so don't worry at all,you will recover your losses

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 04:37:11 AM

WTF were you thinking?

There is GDAX or Coinbase for this very purpose.  Unless you really know the person you are dealing with, trying to save on transaction fee (and/or tax) by doing this risky deal is dumb (sorry).
Yes the only reason to do something like this will be if you want to preserve your anonymity but if you are going to do that you better bring company that way they are going to think twice before stealing from you. But if anonymity is not really a factor then you should always use an exchange it is more practical and you do not risk losing your coins in that way.
Nikobitkoint54097

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:15:26 AM

I know that there are devices that can completely transfer all information from your gadget to yourself!But I do not know if it's possible to do this with Ledger!In general,it is better to buy a crypto currency from the tested sellers!

akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:19:30 AM

Aww!don't trust to stranger, as this is your first meeting and you know your dealing him with something. next time don't leave your things again

KokoExc (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 11:14:12 PM

thank you all for the advice...
pprun

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:38:18 AM

We are now at the age of massive stealers around. Your experience wasn't pleasant. Be more careful next time by doing some appointments to someone that you don't know his ability regarding new high technologies technique. Next time don't leave your flash drive unattended even in the circle of your friend.
fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:51:42 AM

incidents of this kind provide a great lesson because a small mistake can make a very big problem. to say you are too careless to leave valuable assets such as yours. If you want the reports to the police I think police also will not be able to help much because it's a question about crypto, but can at least help for you still have the email at least his identity.
joann15

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:02:25 AM

Good afternoon evening night)
I want to say when I lose something that I still try to believe that I still got something.... and it is an experience and it is priceless)))
Ah so here is the situation the next.. on one site announcements I uploaded the Intel that will sell 1.5 bitcoin without commissions )
Two days later, the message arrived in the mail... with a request to meet ...in anticipation of the meeting I took the flash drive with the keys and went to coffee in our city...
The meeting with the buyer was simple.. nothing complicated stick lying in the pocket of his jacket ... I went to the bathroom for 3 minutes....
come he says well, let's see your chops... well, I'm like come on... eventually... my flash drive was empty.... as Huh AS I can not understand... is within 3 minutes, really all to bear with the stick to remove and hit the road... I wanted to see the cameras later... but the cameras aren't shooting at that place... more shortly... sell everything in your network from the comfort of home )
Maybe someone will help... And if there are people in the know explain how they pulled it off...

That's good of your very positive attitude in every lose trade we had here there are always things we've learn in result that we are not totally lose on that trade. Well in your case that happen it is really hard to give advise on that I suggest next time you will sell some Bitcoin of yours maybe you should sell it in friend of yours.

lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:29:10 AM

Lose in trading is normal, just be positive thinking in the future can get more profit. Just keep do invest in trading.
In trading we must patience and invest for long term is better. If the money not be a problem also. Great learn is from our experiences.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:49:17 AM

Never selling in private meetings. To me it's better to pay commissions than to risk all my money or even my own health. Greed is bad after all.

Yeah, specially if its a huge amount of bitcoin better to have some escrow since this world of cryotcurrency is full of scam. Cryptocurrency are making big impacts now on the market and this means that a lot of people want to own this thing even in a wrong way, be careful and protect the money you work for before its too late.
JaRViZZ

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:04:41 AM

Financial fraud is the most common crime. You need to be careful and never trust anyone, although this practice does not help from hackers. But in this case you are to blame.

Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:21:37 AM

Financial fraud is the most common crime. You need to be careful and never trust anyone, although this practice does not help from hackers. But in this case you are to blame.
Financial practice in cryptocurrency is very risky and full of fraud indeed we ourselves must be careful in making decisions. as you say a lot of hackers are lurking
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:13:17 AM

You should count yourself lucky as you hit a thief. One of people from my hometown was basically taken as hostage and killed to steal his bitcoins (not kidding) Police caught murderers after. (Country: Turkey)

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:42:18 AM

Be very careful who you are dealing with. Nowadays specially when you're talking about money, scamming and frauds are most common. Better learn now from your mistakes.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:07:01 AM

Bitcoin now is selling like pancakes so any opportunity a person who has interest with bitcoin will take advantage of what you have. Be very careful with these kinds of people, they will do anything in their mind just to get hold of cryptocurrencies. If you make any transactions, make sure you know the person or get to know the person first if someone vouches him/her because this might happen to you.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:41:25 PM

its hard to do transactions with unknown people, if ever you have a transaction better bring someone with you who knows everything about selling bitcoin in person, but as you say, you have learn from that experience so it is still good for you but bad for your supposed-to-be income.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:36:48 PM

You have to be super careful while dealing with cryptos both online and offline, there are many scammers and fraudsters around, also it was your responsibility to keep your private keys and flash safe and only share awith the buyer after he paid you.

DMiracle1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

That was a very exasperating experience. Your feeling of loss is overwhelming. I am so sorry for you OP. You should have brought along a friend or two with you for security purposes. But then again, this was all "water under the bridge" now. Nothing you can do. I am quite sure you've already learned your lesson to not to be so trusting especially to strangers.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: