Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning of a Scam!!!  (Read 503 times)
gweigster (OP)

Activity: 572
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:23:07 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 07:54:49 PM by gweigster

Hey guys,

I am so devastated right now, I fell for the most stupid scam anyone can fall for, I don't know how I could be tricked like that.

I saw this link https://www.coỉndesĸ.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-block-one-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/ and thought it was a legit coindesk link, so I didn't check the following link and got phished. This is my address, more than 10k of crypto are lost: https://etherscan.io/address/0xA9Ee7b80AC0C00fa34B5EBea14b92Bed31BcC8Ae#tokentxns I tried sending a little bit ethereum back (from my backup account: 0x706427De5CaFD474815b5b837F9F9300971E015D) to rescue some assets, but I wasn't able to, so i have to give up the account. I am really devastated right now, I worked really hard on this portfolio. This is the scammers address: https://etherscan.io/address/0x4bda2984407ae0aec6a127783e7910fdfd4dc6f0#tokentxns - it is still lying there.

Is there any way I can get it back? I know it's my own fault for falling for this scam. But I'd do anything to get it back.

And always check the site you are on, I know everybody knows this, but one moment of weakness and it's all gone.

EDIT, really important!:

https://etherscan.io/address/0xA9Ee7b80AC0C00fa34B5EBea14b92Bed31BcC8Ae
look at this, I am trying to get some of my smaller assets back, but all the transactions fail because of the error: "Error in Txn: Out of Gas"

There's enough ether in the account and i tried different gas amounts, still my transactions won't go through. Can anyone help me here?

Another Edit:

After I found out someone stole from my account I sent all ether to another address so he can't send assets away. He then sent ETH from KuCoin Exchange to my wallet and continued robbing me.
Does KuCoin have any kind of personal confirmation or validation so they could trace who it was?

Get BTC Cashback on hundreds of online shops:
https://stekking.com/register/eEzv2VLwBJWd8X4Z
for example: ebay, AliExpress, Expedia.com, Takeaway.com, Adidas, Microsoft, Lieferando, NordVPN, Lidl, Booking.com
fabskie21

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:25:27 PM

So sad for you bro but you cannot recover it back. Next time never follow links especially those you will receive in emails and better bookmark the correct address to avoid clicking phishing links. Cheer up though, move on and start again. That thief will reap the fruit of its wrong doings. Maybe not know but surely in the future.
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:35:33 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Next time you should be more careful when opening links. Just a suggestion from me maybe you can try to install etheraddresslookup I also use it, This Add prevents when you will open a website that contains phishing. Check Myetherwallet official tweet for that https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/883446432480546818

Good luck and be carefull!
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

there's many fake links like those, and Google for example has Ads that looks like that.. for all the big exchanges and like myetherwallet etc
very bad but that's partly the price of going decentralized, there's noone there to refund when you screw up  Roll Eyes

edit: you should use 2 Factor Authentication for all exchanges
and possibly get a hardware wallet and keep all your funds there, it's impossible for someone to take your crypto without having physical access to the device(and knowing the PIN), or if you give out the 24 seed word recovery. if you keep anything above like $500, it's smart to invest $50-$100 in a hardware wallet.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

Hey guys,

I am so devastated right now, I fell for the most stupid scam anyone can fall for, I don't know how I could be tricked like that.

I saw this link https://www.coỉndesĸ.com/EOS-halves-token-amount-for-block-one-leaves-tokens-to-be-claimed/ and thought it was a legit coindesk link, so I didn't check the following link and got phished. This is my address, more than 10k of crypto are lost: https://etherscan.io/address/0xA9Ee7b80AC0C00fa34B5EBea14b92Bed31BcC8Ae#tokentxns I tried sending a little bit ethereum back (from my backup account: 0x706427De5CaFD474815b5b837F9F9300971E015D) to rescue some assets, but I wasn't able to, so i have to give up the account. I am really devastated right now, I worked really hard on this portfolio. This is the scammers address: https://etherscan.io/address/0x4bda2984407ae0aec6a127783e7910fdfd4dc6f0#tokentxns - it is still lying there.

Is there any way I can get it back? I know it's my own fault for falling for this scam. But I'd do anything to get it back.

And always check the site you are on, I know everybody knows this, but one moment of weakness and it's all gone.
there is no other way to get it back, this is really bad happen and i feel sorry for your lost .just move on buddy and  take this things happen as a lesson and dont do the same mistake again in the future.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:53:18 PM

Hey guys,

You can't get back your amount. Have tried to install metamask to filter the phising site? Basically is has been sent to tha nother address that means that was permanently moved to that address.
Just read anything before you can do something that linked to your amount.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
gweigster (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:57:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Next time you should be more careful when opening links. Just a suggestion from me maybe you can try to install etheraddresslookup I also use it, This Add prevents when you will open a website that contains phishing. Check Myetherwallet official tweet for that https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/883446432480546818

Hey thanks for your messages guys! I really appreciate it, even though it just confirms my worries.

@dhemasm, thanks for the tip, I will install it immediately!

for example: ebay, AliExpress, Expedia.com, Takeaway.com, Adidas, Microsoft, Lieferando, NordVPN, Lidl, Booking.com
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:58:38 PM

yes I am currently starting to understand why nowadays altcoin has changed a lot and this is the highest risk because it could be we will not get any results what and could have lost 100%.
lynlyn

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:59:36 PM

Hey thanks for your messages guys! I really appreciate it, even though it just confirms my worries.

@dhemasm, thanks for the tip, I will install it immediately!
Thank you for this information.It can really helps me a lot to be aware of all scammer.We should be guided and always alert because our earnings is the only way to make ur more successful.
wireless474
Copper Member

Activity: 43
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:05:04 PM

Where did you find that link at? Because my question is that if it wasn't from a trusted source, why would you click it? there are so many phishing links nowadays, so you have to be careful of what you click on. Just be careful next time...

P Λ X P Λ Y . I O        Send. Spend. Receive. Repeat.
PRE-SALE LIVE   |   JOIN NOW   |   Get 30% EXTRA!
gweigster (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:09:37 PM

Where did you find that link at? Because my question is that if it wasn't from a trusted source, why would you click it? there are so many phishing links nowadays, so you have to be careful of what you click on. Just be careful next time...

I am not sure, I was on facebook before I guess. The fake coindesk site even has the "secure" tag on the top corner.

But all in all it was way too obvious, I should be ashamed for falling for this. But believe me this won't happen again

dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:16:58 PM

I feel sorry for whtat happen to you, move on just be more careful next time so that you will not experience it again. Avoid entertaining links or messages without knowing or knowlegeable about it or you are not expecting a message from someone so you will not get scammed.
stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:19:24 PM

Thank you for sharing, hopefully able to make the material of reflection to be more careful.
What is missing, hopefully quickly replaced.
So sad for you bro but you cannot recover it back
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

You can not recover it again bro, me also was a victim of a hacker but I learn on my mistake and I pray for them maybe they need more money for their everyday life. One thing I learned here was never trust anybody if you don't know the member.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:31:27 PM

I saw the link also but decided against joining the airdrop when metamask flag the site as phishing website, it is better to always take precaustion to prevent all these scam site, sorry but always learn that there is nothing free in the world expect poison

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:31:54 PM

I was shocked about the link, this is the first time I ever see a link that really looks like a legit link, good thing I always install a metamask on my chrome that warns me if the site is a phishing site or not.
Try to install a metamask to avoid this kind of link next time.
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:34:25 PM

I am really sorry for your loss. But you post the link on your post I dare not click to see the content. I will lose all my tokens for these links. I recommend you carefully for the next time. This is a worthwhile lesson. Phishing is everywhere, they have many sophisticated tricks.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
Ponya
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

Really sorry!!! Hope you will get its back. And thanks for sharing!
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:38:03 PM

Omg that's terrible. How come there're so many fake websites out there? I once nearly log in a fake eth website as well, good thing my brother warned me.
And no, there's no way to get your coins back. Once it's on the scammer's hand, you got no right for that again. That's why cryptocurrency is scary, we can't track and get it back, although you know it's yours.
What you can do is just be more careful next time, although i believe you already take the lesson from this experience. I'm getting scammed too recently, although not from fake websites. There are more and more bad people out there now.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
1020kingz

Activity: 350

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

though im new here in the forum and not yet experienced being scam by phising sites loosing all your coins is one of the most discouraging moment in your life in working crypto, sorry for your loss assets, and thank you for your warning to us,.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: