Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What different between Token and Coin???  (Read 228 times)
nguyenthienbaomo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:50:52 PM

I'm newbie in cryptocurrency world. And I have a wonder about Token and coin which is digged. What different between them. Hope to receive your feedback

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 12:51:46 PM

coin have there own blockchain and online / offline wallet but tokens dont have the own blockchain or wallet or offline wallet  ....

Free palestine
nguyenthithuken

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:59:38 PM

I'm newbie in cryptocurrency world. And I have a wonder about Token and coin which is digged. What different between them. Hope to receive your feedback

Token is the way that projects use to take capital from investors. Every project has a private token and usually base on Etherium platform and use ETH wallet to contain token.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:38:40 PM

The most simple way I can explain it is that generally:

Tokens are specialized as they are released by companies and are redeemable for future services they might offer. They typically use other coins' blockchain, like how Ethereum (which is a coin) handles a lot of tokens.

Coins have much more general use as they're often used as full-blown currencies. Coins have their own blockchain unlike tokens.

inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:51:51 PM

The most simple way I can explain it is that generally:

Tokens are specialized as they are released by companies and are redeemable for future services they might offer. They typically use other coins' blockchain, like how Ethereum (which is a coin) handles a lot of tokens.

Coins have much more general use as they're often used as full-blown currencies. Coins have their own blockchain unlike tokens.

Well, this is a good explanation,
I added that the related companies did not give up even though the ICO period is over, and will continue to be monitored and even developed so as to have an increasing price.
ArteMixer

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 01:52:53 PM

as far as i know, tokens are like stocks, sources of investments for the ICO founders and coins are already large chains, and most of the coins you can mine.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:02:28 PM

Tokens are made by start up companies as a representation of asset to investors who helped in funding the company's projects and it runs on another blockchain that aids or helps in making decentralized applications just like Etherium and Waves.

Tokens = do have value but won't be considered as money
Coin = money

mahdie88

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 01:37:16 PM

As far as we know in basic way Coins are use to buy majority of altcoins as of now and they have their own blockchain, so it will be a major way of purchasing everything. While tokens has a limited positions and only use for their purpose of the project, its only use for some exchanges.

One of the samples for tokens are Theater (USDT) & Binance Token.

❒ SWISS ALPS ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬ ❒
The Smart Mining Company
 █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 03:13:51 PM

Tokens are generated by new projects and it is used as a means of raising funds to support a project. A coin is already established with block chain and can be valued at a specific price.

Jalal ud din

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 03:24:09 PM

What different between them.

Coin

Have its own blockchain.
Works independently.
Have no specific function regarding the exchange.
It is your digital cash money through which you can buy things.
Example bitcoin and all other altcoins

Token

Not have their own blockchain.
Needs some platform to work .Like ERC-20 token works on ethereum blockchain.
Use For only specified function.
Not always use as a money, Except some case.
Tokens are just like your shares in project  

cjie

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 04:35:05 PM

A coin is a project that has it own blockchain with wallet either offline or online,  while a token is a project that doesn't have a blockchain and they can't generate their own wallet, but they use the blockchain of another coin. Example of coins are; Ehereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Stellar, Neo, Ripple, Dogecoin etc. The example of tokens are; Tether and it uses Omni blockchain, Binance Coin and it uses Ethereum blockchain, OmiseGO and it uses Ethereum blockchain, for more example of tokens and the blockchain they use visit(https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/).   

vuongvanmot

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:20:18 AM

According to my knowledge, coin have their own blockchain platform where token can be built on that platform, let me give you example, ETH is coin, ERC-20 are token, when they release their own chain and move to their chain, they become coin, like CMT nowis token, but after main net they are coin. Am I right ?
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:48:49 AM

According to my knowledge, coin have their own blockchain platform where token can be built on that platform, let me give you example, ETH is coin, ERC-20 are token, when they release their own chain and move to their chain, they become coin, like CMT nowis token, but after main net they are coin. Am I right ?
According to my knowledge, it is called repetitive post and it is kinda prohibited here and should be prohibited in any forum. The answer you have written has been written by others too. So, what was the need of bumping the thread once again?
For your info, those bumps are called spam and you know no spammers are welcomed here and should not be welcomed in any forum.

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JamJammo

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:45:16 AM

TOKEN it's like virtual shares, to a certain extent you own as a micro piece of a company.
Twkasun52

Activity: 210

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

Simply Token is like if you living in rented house under their rules. Coin is like you are living in your own house under your own rules.Successful tokens became coins if they schedule to do so.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:45:58 PM

I think to my own best knowledge

Coin are already established coin that have already been trading or traded in one exchange or more. They can be used for series of other coin exchanges while Token are just the one that"re just coming into the market for trading which doesn't have a specific function yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: