Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:11:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are my Free ERC20 Token Disappearing from MEW  (Read 183 times)
Tobaa (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:49:04 PM

Hello friends

I noticed the free ERC20 token I added to myetherwallet disappears when I re-login to  MEW, after adding the tokens.

A friend said it could be a bug. Now I am afraid to keep using that wallet.

Has anyone experience such?

Pls advise.

Thanks

Vart4varta

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:58:07 PM

It was about the same thing not long ago, and did not understand what the problem is. I completed several Airdrop, I had to drive the tokens myself, I drove in, eventually I go to the purse in a couple of days, there they have not been there, and not one token, but several different ones.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:04:11 PM

From what i understand, the disappearance of tokens from wallets, most especially software wallets, could be as a result of viruses, such a malware. The system might have been corrupted and result into loss of data and tokens from wallets. If you have your private security, it is better you export to another system and wipe off the malware in the infected system before continual usage.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1584
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 06:11:35 PM

Have you saved your custom token? MEW only recognizes popular tokens and not all the tokens issued in the ICO's. Hence you should add your custom token which you bought during ICO or have received them after an airdrop. Before adding, check if its already available. You can do them by clicking "Show all tokens" button. If you have the coins in particular token, it would automatically show it from the next time.

Most of the times, token would not be present in the list. At that time, just visit ethplorer and insert your wallet address and check that you received the tokens. If so, click on them you will get the token symbol, decimals, contract address. Now visit MEW and press "Add custom token" and then enter these 3 infos and click Save.

By these ways, you can see your tokens if they are not present in the custom tokens list issued by the MEW. There is no such thing which disappears, they are still safely present in your wallets.
Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

I have the same problem. Adding and saving a new token, which is not in the list of tokens in the MEW wallet, it appears, but after re-entering the wallet, everything has to be done on a new one.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

Probably you created your mew address into phishing sites that these hackers are using to get those tokens, you shouldnt be creating any address to other websites, use myetherwallet.com for your own safety,because if you created from phishing sites probably your wallet isnt really yours because the hackers has got your private keys.

Custom tokens are manually added if your tokens are not listed,try to go to etherscan or ethplorer.io

hiwainmoto

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Two posibilities, you have created your wallet into fake myetherwallet.com website or you have been a victime of some malware attacks that these hackers are able to get your private keys,so that when you are putting your tokens they can easily transfer these tokens to their wallet,only create mew to the official website and use metamask extension to prevent these phishing sites.

cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:39:31 PM

If you are using custom token you need to generate it manually,add the custom token address to your wallet im sure your tokens will show,but if not the only reason why is you are victim of phishing sites,you probably created into fake mew websites or your computer or browser has been compromised by these hackers.

Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:23:49 PM

I have the same problem. Adding and saving a new token, which is not in the list of tokens in the MEW wallet, it appears, but after re-entering the wallet, everything has to be done on a new one.
Tokens from the MyEtherWallet purse just do not disappear, it's impossible. If you added a token by entering the contract address of the ICO campaign, the token symbol and the decimal number, which is usually 18, and entered this data through the "add custom token" button, it can really disappear if you accidentally click on the minus sign in the circle next to the number of tokens and their symbol. I've had this many times. However, this does not mean that the tokens have disappeared. They just did not become visible and again you need to enter the same data. To check whether there are tokens in this purse, it's easier to look through the etherscan. io. They will be displayed even if you did not add a token through the "add a custom token" button.
londoireng

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:29:44 PM

It disappear or you just cant see it ? try using ethplorer or etherscan. MEW is safe as long you login to right site and not the phising one, also try to instal metamask.
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:33:51 PM

You probably just can't see it- though if you're using MEW instead of Metamask, it's not impossible that your private key was stolen. Good luck!
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:39:18 PM

One you created your mew wallet from phishing websites,two your keys are stolen by these hackers,three your tokensa are hidden in your wallet,try to re-add your custom tokens again and see if the tokens will be visible again i am having this issue almost everyday when iaccidentally click minus sign,try to scan in ethplorer or in the etherscan.

jwrent34

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:57:40 PM

Yeah dont worry. There are so many tokens that sometimes from bugs or whatever they do not show. they are in your address though. For tokens its better to check https://ethplorer.io/.

You might even find tokens there you didnt know about Smiley

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:02:31 PM

Most of the time,custom tokens are disappearing especially when you accidentally click the minus button so you need to re-add these token addresses so that your coins will be appearing again.Do not worry about that,if you arent a victim of phishing hacks your tokens wont be disappearing ,you can check your wallet transaction history to be sure that your wallet isnt compromised.
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:05:34 PM

I have experienced this situation when i accidentally clicked the minus button,you just need to re-add your token address so that your coins will appear.You can use ethplorer.io or etherscan.io to scan your tokens,if your transaction histroy doesnt have widrawals from other addresses than yours,no need to worry you arent hacked.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:06:26 PM

Simply add the ERC20 token as custom token again. It happens from time to time that they “disappear”. You can always see all of your tokens when you enter your public address on etherscan.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:14:56 PM

If you arent hacked,probably the tokens are hidden it is usually will re-appear when you re-add the custom address of your token,you should be fine just check the transaction history so that you will be sure that someone hasnt transfered your tokens without your consent,if there are someone who transfered your tokens you are indeed hacked.

justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:15:16 PM

It does not disappear, as long as you don't send it to any other wallet, it can't disappear itself. It is about the wallet, just don't show your tokens sometimes, never mind.

Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:48:40 PM

Your tokens are still there, but the wallet is not showing them. Most likely you did not save it and clean everything after that. Anyway you still have your tokens and have to add them again.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:01:55 PM

Might as well review your site before entering new token on Mew account. You probably Phished by hackers so beware on your sites you've enter. In addition, get a high secured Anti-Virus so you won't able to get a malware virus.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: