Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:32:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recognize a good or bad the ICO project.  (Read 209 times)
duchaiyb (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 04:25:57 PM

What is a good ICO project?
This depends on each specific project and the team behind the project. Select some good choices is the ICO immensely blessed by the investors.

A typical example is Storjcoin. Storjcoins is the token, which was released by Storj.io in ICO. Storj.io is an application distributed cloud storage, and when its main product is released, users will be able to spend Storjcoins on storage space, in addition to the business they can like any other coin.

A striking example is Ethereum, it was sold at a price beginning just 0.005 BTC, and now you can see its growth possibilities. Ethereum is a platform for building applications that hierarchy of categories. The company's card is called Ethers are actively used to maintain operation of the applications have been built on the Foundation of smart contracts.

In theory, the ICO code can be used for anything similar, Ethereum. The range can be used depends on the scope of the project.

To select an ICO project good we need to learn about beads on that coin coins
For example you can learn coinmarketcap.com up, then you see the webisite of it to know about the value of the coin. Important thing it needs to have clear, blockchain have for cold storage as possible.

How to detect a bad ICO?  Huh Huh
There are some signs of an ICO is capable of cheating: anonymous developers, the lack for money, and the goals are not clear or not practical. Our development team has no biography or profile what ma.

Cryptocurrency community had to encounter some phishing campaign ICO in the past few years. Most of this campaign, the majority will be red flagged and by detecting you can avoid companies with potential risk:

The developers of the project or is anonymous or not known to the community. If the people behind an ICO does not have the reputation, the possibility they are operating a scam is quite large. ICO

No such money for donations. If all the key contribution of the contributions were concentrated in the hands of the master project, then there is nothing to stop them fleeing with the money.

Unrealistic goals/not clear. When a project does not have a clear roadmap, in fact, that is the people behind it do not know what they're doing, the best. At worst, they don't really care because they are not really going to do anything.

Lack of transparency. Today, show the stages are done in your project to the audience is considered an industry standard in crypto. If the developer does not release the code, the demo/beta version of their product, video behind the scenes or other types of reports on their progress, can they have nothing to show.

If you have found an ICO campaign have shown any signs of the above, and especially any combination of them, it is best to avoid contributing money into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:54:40 PM

1. Famous team members
2. MVP
3. Small pre-sale bonuses
4. Up to $100M hard cap

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:58:49 PM

Good ICOs have the following:
1.) Big pool of tokens
2.) Aims for a not too big hardcap
3.) Well-known Bounty Manager
4.) Good project that many people will invest

Try this to be your standards in finding ICO I am sure it will be a success.

AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:11:26 PM

No matter how good a ICO looks in its whitepaper. You cant really tell if its legit without a working product. With the amount of scam ICOs popping up I don't think its worth the risk to invest in an ICO.

reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

More project in the ICO. So before invest learn the ICO projects.But some project will be go down. If need to choose the best ICO project. You learn the ICO project information. then you will know about the ICO project. It help to for the improve the business process and get more ideas to right time to invest. So project work is important for the create new project.
ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:40:16 PM

I primarily focus on team and idea. Algebraix has been on my watch lately. Stellar team and great idea of being a permission-based advertising platform. They even have a cool beta tester airdrop going on where you download their app and get to interact and give them feedback. https://algebraix.io/
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:41:56 PM

This depends on each specific project and the team behind the project. Select some good choices is the ICO immensely blessed by the investors.

A typical example is Storjcoin. Storjcoins is the token, which was released by Storj.io in ICO. Storj.io is an application distributed cloud storage, and when its main product is released, users will be able to spend Storjcoins on storage space, in addition to the business they can like any other coin.

A striking example is Ethereum, it was sold at a price beginning just 0.005 BTC, and now you can see its growth possibilities. Ethereum is a platform for building applications that hierarchy of categories. The company's card is called Ethers are actively used to maintain operation of the applications have been built on the Foundation of smart contracts.

In theory, the ICO code can be used for anything similar, Ethereum. The range can be used depends on the scope of the project.

For example you can learn coinmarketcap.com up, then you see the webisite of it to know about the value of the coin. Important thing it needs to have clear, blockchain have for cold storage as possible.

There are some signs of an ICO is capable of cheating: anonymous developers, the lack for money, and the goals are not clear or not practical. Our development team has no biography or profile what ma.

Cryptocurrency community had to encounter some phishing campaign ICO in the past few years. Most of this campaign, the majority will be red flagged and by detecting you can avoid companies with potential risk:

The developers of the project or is anonymous or not known to the community. If the people behind an ICO does not have the reputation, the possibility they are operating a scam is quite large. ICO

No such money for donations. If all the key contribution of the contributions were concentrated in the hands of the master project, then there is nothing to stop them fleeing with the money.

Unrealistic goals/not clear. When a project does not have a clear roadmap, in fact, that is the people behind it do not know what they're doing, the best. At worst, they don't really care because they are not really going to do anything.

Lack of transparency. Today, show the stages are done in your project to the audience is considered an industry standard in crypto. If the developer does not release the code, the demo/beta version of their product, video behind the scenes or other types of reports on their progress, can they have nothing to show.

If you have found an ICO campaign have shown any signs of the above, and especially any combination of them, it is best to avoid contributing money into it.

Until now I still can't recognize a good or bad ICO project. I try many ways, see white paper, road map, dev team, coin allocation etc but it doesn't have significant result. Maybe invest in ICO project is not my place and that's why I try trade as new way to make money. Trade is not easy but my medium ( day - week ) strategy have better result than invest in ICO project. Now I don't need see many ICO as opportunity create income but just see ETH, LTC and XMR as the main goal to make money.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ziyush

Activity: 406
Merit: 76

Crypto Lovers

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:46:44 PM

a VERY INTERESTING ARTICLE IS POSTED ABOUT THIS YOU CAN READ AND Understand how to find such coins

https://coinpricetoday.com/crypto/find-fake-token-ico/
duchaiyb (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 10:54:17 AM

A bad ICO will normally operate in the shadows and will be very reluctant to offer any information about the team and the peolple behind it, for example Dencity.
most likely they will fake celebrities to give you. Please pay attention to this  Sad
Kryptogenie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

Read their smart contracts.
Look for MVP or initial release.
Read the whitepaper.
Go through team profiles.
If there is escrow or not.
See how the token is distributed.

These are some points which we can consider while investing in any ICO.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

Thank you very much for the experiences you have shared. I really need these articles to check out future ICO projects.
I really hate being scammed and I need to apply your experiences. I will learn from experience and share with my friends about this. I really wish the bitcointalk forum members did not encounter fraudulent projects and make more profit in the future.

andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

Goal is simple and clear to understand.
Team members are visible.
The road map is not unclear.
Have good advisors.
Have products to promote.
Base of reality not just theory.
Gerald8102

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

A couple of heuristics to spot scams easily:

The team page is completely absent or incredibly sparse
The advisors page has people who have publicly declared they are not part of the ICO
The terms or the token sale are unclear or overly favorable to founders and insiders (>30% in aggregate is suspicious)
The project is offering guaranteed daily returns
White paper is lifted from other sources
This won’t catch 100% of scams, but will allow you to easily evaluate a project and figure out if it’s a scam early.
bakiak78

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:24:01 PM

I see from their background, whether they are new to the world of crypto currency or they have long / experienced in crypto currency. second, we see their partnership. third we see how many investors who participate in the ICO, do not just investing by looking at the bonus given, we also have to see whether the coin / token is a lot of peminatnya or not. Fourth, read Whitepaper or more diligent again post in the forum and ask for opinion whether this is a scam or not.
duchaiyb (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 09:25:47 AM

Thank you very much for the experiences you have shared. I really need these articles to check out future ICO projects.
I really hate being scammed and I need to apply your experiences. I will learn from experience and share with my friends about this. I really wish the bitcointalk forum members did not encounter fraudulent projects and make more profit in the future.
Well thank you for your comments! Wish you success
duchaiyb (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 09:29:30 AM

A couple of heuristics to spot scams easily:

The team page is completely absent or incredibly sparse
The advisors page has people who have publicly declared they are not part of the ICO
The terms or the token sale are unclear or overly favorable to founders and insiders (>30% in aggregate is suspicious)
The project is offering guaranteed daily returns
White paper is lifted from other sources
This won’t catch 100% of scams, but will allow you to easily evaluate a project and figure out if it’s a scam early.
Great! Your sharing is very helpful to everyone. A pretty good way to detect bad ico
snowwyjonny

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:35:09 AM

Do a research about the projects, its features, its vision and mission, its objectives and such. Also do a research about the team members, are they reliable? Do they have a background in blockchain technology? Do they have a good track background?
Nepara

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:41:12 AM
Merited by gnerro2 (1)

Bad Ico:
1) anonymous team
2) promise of easy money
3) whitepaper not clear
4) goal: too good to be true
rmapower

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:51:15 AM

1. All Star Team
2. Having a prototype
3. Working Product
4. Promising Roadmap
5. Masternodes

If the ICO have these things probably it will be a good one. But you should research more.

phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

I have always been checking on the team,product,advisers and concept of the company,all of these also matters in every ICO
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: