Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:11:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you see bitcoin crashing like this and you're losing money?  (Read 496 times)
sjefdeklerk (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 8

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:11:10 PM

I'm not doing anything. I'm waiting for the price to recover. Selling coins at a time like this is a big mistake. I always have the opportunity to use Fiat for life. That is why we need to diversify our risks. I am always against those who claim that bitcoin can replace the main work. You can always choose a more profitable option for you.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:15:08 PM

There are number of options if you feel helpless and can not hodl:
1. Convert your bitcoin to Tether USDT and remember to re-convert once the market goes bullish.
2.Accept what you have lost so far and convert your bitcoin to fiat.
3. Keep buying the dip and selling when the price goes high for profit, you'll definitely recover what you have lost so far before the market became bearish.
4. Do nothing and just hodl!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:17:57 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

How do you lose money when you hodl?!
Do you know what unrealized profits are? If so, you should also know what unrealized losses are?
As long as you do not sell you haven't lost anything!
Back to square one please!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:20:00 PM

Haha I really love this one. It's like telling a prisoner "as long as you close you're eyes you're NOT in jail". Or telling a homeless guy that as long as he's under a bridge he's not really homeless.  Cheesy

Don't watch your losses and they're not there!!! Haha, good one, I love it!
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:32:29 PM

How do you lose money when you hodl?!
Do you know what unrealized profits are? If so, you should also know what unrealized losses are?
Back to square one please!

If the price falls Means You lose Especially with the bearish trend
Because the trader who uses his money daily will feel the loss
And who knows if the price will rise to 25000 after five years or will never rise to that value Or it will stabilize under 5000
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 05:36:42 PM

Fixing my sit, bringing my popcorn, watching the chart and HODLing.
What I see is big whales bouncing in the ocean, sometimes going deep other times trying to get some 02 so they chose the opposite direction. I am waiting until they make a huge jump then we will have another talk Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:06:56 PM

What I see is big whales bouncing in the ocean, sometimes going deep other times trying to get some 02 so they chose the opposite direction. I am waiting until they make a huge jump then we will have another talk Wink

Poor guy. You seem like a nice person, I hate it that you're going to lose all your money. I hope you didnt invest too much.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:16:15 PM

Poor guy. You seem like a nice person, I hate it that you're going to lose all your money. I hope you didnt invest too much.

Yep, because the price is going to 0 and right now it makes perfect sense in terms of bitcoin's development and adoption stage for it to go to 0 right now. Progress takes time, markets go through bad periods and they recover. The only people who will be losing will be the guys who sell at the bottom in a panic and then come rushing back in a few months time to buy at a high.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:17:39 PM

I put my winkle in a hamburger bap, start crying and run after as many grannies as I can find. If I manage to chase one down I sit on its face and do a cavernous fart that flaps my buttocks like they're in a hurricane. Then I'm usually arrested.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:19:31 PM

gambling, it is one of my ways to restore the defeat of the trade ,, although sometimes I experience the failure of the gambling ,, but as long as I can still take control of every gambling ,, I always get an absolute victory .. because I am indeed a masterful gambler
cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:23:37 PM

Yep, it's hodling nicely at -10%, just like yesterday it hodled at -10% and the day before, and tomorrow and the day after.

But hey, that's great news for all you delusional bitcoin maximalists, with -10% every day, it will never reach 0!
sjefdeklerk (OP)

SODL

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

Yep, because the price is going to 0 and right now

Well I'm not sure if it's really going to be 0. I personally think somewhere < $1000. With Google now banning all advertisements, which Facebook already did, less and less people now using it, while transactions are going down steadily, the number of shops accepting it decreases, governments banning it (China, Indonesia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Algeria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Macedonia) or heavily regulating it (most others, last being USA), energy consumption becoming a real problem and that the maximum amount of transactions is stuck at 14/second, it doesn't scale and that SWIFT said blockchain is currently not usable as payment system , I don't think there's any future. But 0 ... Not sure.
imapessimist

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:35:45 PM

I would think I should have sold out at 11k plus.  So next time I won't hold on and on for a big price but will sell some when price looks good for the last month.  And I would not panic sell now and I would be patient. 
Welhell

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:55:39 PM

Of course, i'm hoping better days. These changes are around 2-3 months. We should collect the coins from the cheap price for this moments and when the time comes we should sell it more expensive.  Undecided
Analea1

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:55:21 PM

I will not do anything and just stay calm  hhaaha
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:45:57 AM

The bullish trend is still there, but is being supressed by the Mt.Gox trustee.

This is a artificial bear market, designed by Wall Street to crash bitcoin and made the general public lost confidence over it.

The artificial pump started after CME was announced and the dump started after CME was launched.

The bitcoins being dumped are coming from Mt.Gox. Instead of compensating the users with their bitcoins, the japanese court choose to compensate in fiat, using the 2014 price.

This means that the major portion of BTC at Mt.Gox will not be distributed, which means a lot of fuel for Wall Street to just destroy the market, as the coins will fall over the hands of the governments.

Anyone who dont understand what is happening, and think this is all panic selling, is plain stupid.

Panic sellers are probably a minority and most of them are those who joined in December, when the parabolic growth was at a peak.

I guess 90% of all the sales right now are from Mt.Gox dumping their coins. All in concert with futures markets.

Eventually these coins will be depleted, and the market will resume its bull trend. This can take months and even the entire year, but it will happen eventually. Killing the trustee will not end it, as they can put another in his place.

So, there's no reason to sell, unless you are a fool who put all of your money into bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:50:40 AM

The bullish trend is still there, but is being supressed by the Mt.Gox trustee.

People are watching the wallet like a hawk. Nothing's moved since early February. And now the JPY liabilities have been reached they have no right or justification to sell any more. It's now down to the court to decide what to do with the rest of the coins. It's not theirs to sell. It's now their job to figure out whose it is. The actual amounts gone up in smoke have now been fully recouped in JPY.
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

I sit back and relax.As a holder I'm not losing money, I'm losing profit. It's just a relative loss for me, well not until it drops below $500.
If you are into bitcoin only for profit then you are doing it wrong. I guess you have already heard this before. IMO unless the price is lower than the price you bought at, you can just relax and watch others panic.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:15:27 AM

its your technical analysis dictates how you decide with your holdings, im seeing a possible support level at $7.5k so ill holding at it and would probably set buy order at that level and waiting for the next pump expectation that would earn me 5 - 10% gain Cheesy. just my cents though

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:06:14 AM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day,
When value goes down then every holder is also losing money with it.
Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?
I'm not cutting any losses, it's too late for me to do so but I promised not to commit the same mistake that I did because I panicked. While watching the charts and waiting for the price hike, watching some entertaining videos is diverting my mind.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:46:39 AM

For people who have a long-term investment strategy, sit nicely and watch a favorite movie is a good thing, let the price weaken and go back up. But if you have a short-term investment strategy and intend to see the bitcoin price movement selling bitcoin when it's downhill is the best solution! Hold your money and when the price is at the bottom and trend up price come you can buy back. I'm sure you will get a profit compared to HODL and let the price go back up.
cryptocrusher

Merit: 136

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:23:16 PM

I put my winkle in a hamburger bap, start crying and run after as many grannies as I can find. If I manage to chase one down I sit on its face and do a cavernous fart that flaps my buttocks like they're in a hurricane. Then I'm usually arrested.

Got to worry when you're struggling to catch up with Grannies  Cheesy Of course sometimes you're lucky and they like it instead of pressing charges.

Yep, because the price is going to 0 and right now

Well I'm not sure if it's really going to be 0. I personally think somewhere < $1000. With Google now banning all advertisements, which Facebook already did, less and less people now using it, while transactions are going down steadily, the number of shops accepting it decreases, governments banning it (China, Indonesia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Algeria, Nepal, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Macedonia) or heavily regulating it (most others, last being USA), energy consumption becoming a real problem and that the maximum amount of transactions is stuck at 14/second, it doesn't scale and that SWIFT said blockchain is currently not usable as payment system , I don't think there's any future. But 0 ... Not sure.

Facebook ads being stopped is much worse than google (in my estimation). Of the countries that have banned it the biggest one is China and that information is not true. Regulation while harmful short term can add real benefit in the future and is something that in time can lead to Facebook and Google accepting adverts again once they see that scams are far less prevalent. Scalability is an issue but there is constant work on fixing that issue, eventually bitcoin could even adopt the tech of some other cryptocurrencies if that needed to be the case.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
putrii

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:54:05 PM

there's nothing I can do if I do not have the capital anymore and get stuck at a very high price it's definitely all I can do is just wait for the price to go back up, but if I still have the capital I will definitely buy as much as I can.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:55:04 PM

Eating lots of food, watching films, playing video games, improving my project , designing something...  Grin, and I believe that this big fall is temporary and it will not last long despite that in last 2 months the market in crisis, but only there are some problems that will be resolved in the near future.

Furthermore, I am patient and very optimistic about what will happen in the future, and even though I have lost some money in this crisis, but it will certainly be compensated with a lot of profit in a long term , just HODL is the right decision for every big crash in bitcoin  Grin.
hosseinimr93
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 5237

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

When the market is crashing, I prefer to lose money. As long as I don't sell my bitcoins, I don't lose money. Because finally the prices will rise again. Better to not panic, be patient and just wait. Sooner or later I will get my reward.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:09:27 PM

of course how can you sell if your money gradually disappearing ? Lol so much better to sit down and dont lose hope just wait for the pump before you sell off  'cause to be honest selling your money while you have lose is on it is not a good idea and for sure you will cry after. And besides if there's a dip it doesn't mean it is the end of bitcoin journey 'cause in fact the price always jump after worst scenario .So why not keep holding if you know that the price always recover after ?
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:27:51 PM

LOL. This is the best position I have ever seen and met. I will sure remember these words and try to do the same things each time when crypto is down.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:53:20 PM

I have a reserve of bitcoins that I have put aside for long-term storage. I do not touch these coins at any price of bitcoin. I also have a stock of coins on the stock exchange. I use them for trading. When there is a sharp decline in prices, I always sell to fix the loss. Then I buy at the bottom and wait for the growth. If again there is a price reduction I will again sell etc.
South Park

Activity: 2884
Merit: 795

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:21:42 PM

Well the whole point of holding your bitcoins is to you know hold them, there is not much to do, you do not need to manage the position in the market of your coins since that was decided the moment you decided to enter in the market, this sounds extremely passive I know it but holding has been shown to be a superior form of investing over active trading and that is what I do.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:49:19 AM

I can not do anything but wait for this moment to pass. But for how long? Maybe in the next few months everything will recover? With this condition I've lost a lot of money, but I'm sure the price will rise again. Save your coin when it happens, because selling coins now will only make you lose more money.

Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:06:40 AM

I have no way. What I can do is wait. Hope good luck will come. Do not over-invest your assets in bitcoin so you will not have to worry too much about them. Find a job to earn a stable and stable monthly income. Making money from bitcoin is not easy, there are months you do not earn a penny.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:10:56 AM

HODL, sitting still and just looking at the reports is the best thing for those who don't have double money (cann't afford to buy), that's the only way that they can control. In essence they don't sell bitcoin when market prices are down.
lifengpu

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:31:01 AM

Principle I do nothing because I was ready for this kind of events and I just keep it at myself in such moments without panicking
Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1100

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:59:07 AM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions?

well first you need to understand "the psychology of Hold", we are talking about people who bought bitcoin when the price was $ 100 or $ 500 and had the patience to hold for years because they saw potential that bitcoin has. something that you need to understand is that for someone hold look at this opportunity as something better than saving the money in the bank, so you only need to buy and hold for a long time.

Now people who buy and want to make a profit after a while are those who care about price increases.

Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days?

humm, we are waiting for bitcoin to be worth a lot of money in the future, be patience

See:

Grin

Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

just as I said: be patient.

Last year lisk was worth 20,000 satoshi and today lisk is worth 140,000 satoshi

Last year bitcoin was worth $1000 and today is worth over $8000

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:10:36 AM

Don't look everyday at the price of bitcoin and you will realize that you are doing fine. Take a deep breathe and do something that's good for you to avoid thinking something wrong with your portfolio. By watching everyday charts, you will gain nothing but pain in your heart and can also lead you to sell in no time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

I will not sell my coins as this will return to the peak once the dumping has done. I know someone had bought it at $20k and his still holding in hopes that sooner another good news will come and this will ignite the market to make a good bull run to push the price higher.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day,
When value goes down then every holder is also losing money with it.
The truth is that if I look at how much I invested last year and how much the value has gotten to? Then I really have no need to be worried. For someone like me, I invested for the long term anyway and who really cares even if bitcoin gets back even lower to the amount that I got, at some point I will just buy more. If there is one thing that I have known so far, that is the fact that downtrends are normal, but it won't be here forever.

There goes the bear man again and I really wonder where you would be when the market turns bullish, probably go into hiding and turn on one of your bull supporting alt accounts? Thanks for reminding us and checking to know whether we are holding or not, but for your information, yes, some of us are still holding even though we trade with some, because we believe in the fact that bitcoin is here to stay. Kapeesh?
Alijiindahaus

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:59:01 PM

I will not sell my coins as this will return to the peak once the dumping has done. I know someone had bought it at $20k and his still holding in hopes that sooner another good news will come and this will ignite the market to make a good bull run to push the price higher.
what will affect the price? To date, I can not see such a scale of purchases, so that it could push the price of Bitcoin up. As always, according to market rules, demand generates supply. But for today I see only a proposal.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:11:00 PM

First of all, I've entered into my countless trades with plans inside my head. These plans provide me the entry point, exit point, cutloss price and other important things in trading. When BTC or any of my coins are crashing like what we are having right now, I just try to remember those key points and move accordingly with it. If my cutloss was hit, I'll just cut all of my losses and move on. I don't dwell in my past decisions and I don't regret any of it. Just be a man and be responsible on your trades. What is important it to take profit or break even (have some minimal losses).

Planning ahead really helped a lot during this time. And anyone who's trading BTC should do the same. We don't know what the future will provide us but at least we can create plans to alleviate the impact of it in our finances. Be wise.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:37:52 AM

Eating lots of food, watching films, playing video games, improving my project , designing something...  Grin, and I believe that this big fall is temporary and it will not last long despite that in last 2 months the market in crisis, but only there are some problems that will be resolved in the near future.

Furthermore, I am patient and very optimistic about what will happen in the future, and even though I have lost some money in this crisis, but it will certainly be compensated with a lot of profit in a long term , just HODL is the right decision for every big crash in bitcoin  Grin.
Kudos bro! As we are busy doing the same thing. I do not know if OP got so greedy for going all in or he just derives pleasure in spreading FUD, but at least he is not wasting his account as he is using it for something he likes.

I understand how some people may feel with the bear market, but seriously, not like it is a new thing and the last time I checked, there is always a time for everything as well as the bears and the bulls. Anyone who has better things to do will care less about all these.
Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:15:05 AM

Ofcourse its normal to feel sad when you see you're losing money again but it never crossed my mind on planning to sell it. I just do things that will completely forget my holdings like games, hangout with friends or watching movies. We all know from the start that this is the possible situation that we will be facing so just be it and accept the risk we take.
kalph22

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:42:50 PM

It's hard to see that my investment are crashing down but I'm still trusting Bitcoin and still holding into it. I know for sure Bitcoin will regain it higher price again or even go higher than its highest record price.  If you had hard time to relax because you see that Bitcoin price are dropping down then try to stop checking Bitcoin price from time to time, for sure it work to relieve some stress.
South Park

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:47:41 PM

First of all, I've entered into my countless trades with plans inside my head. These plans provide me the entry point, exit point, cutloss price and other important things in trading. When BTC or any of my coins are crashing like what we are having right now, I just try to remember those key points and move accordingly with it. If my cutloss was hit, I'll just cut all of my losses and move on. I don't dwell in my past decisions and I don't regret any of it. Just be a man and be responsible on your trades. What is important it to take profit or break even (have some minimal losses).

Planning ahead really helped a lot during this time. And anyone who's trading BTC should do the same. We don't know what the future will provide us but at least we can create plans to alleviate the impact of it in our finances. Be wise.
If you are going to be a trader then this is what you should do, many people enter in several trades without knowing what are they going to do in the different scenarios that present themselves, this is a terrible idea because if you are not prepared for all of what can happen then you do not know how you are going to react and trying to improvise at those moments is a terrible idea.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:19:00 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 03:45:49 AM by Kim Ji Won

Obviously, they still HODL! When bitcoin crashes, it takes the market along with it. The same thing happens in regular stocks. When USD crashes, the market doesn't switch to British pounds to stay stable, the market crashes too and eventually recovers. This is what most of us believes in. If you cut loose to your evaporating accounts as you say, then you will end up in even more losses in the end.
South Park

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

Obviously, they still HODL! When bitcoin crashes, it takes the market along with it. The same thing happens in regular stocks. When USD crashes, the market doesn't switch to British pounds to stay stable, the market crashes too and eventually recovers. This is what most of are believes in to. If you cut loose to your evaporating accounts as you say, then you will end up in even more losses in the end.
Not only that if you sell your coins you lose all the opportunity to recover your money so no only you lose your money you also lose all the money that you could have  got if you held, so it is very clear to me that the answer for a holder of what to do in it is difficult market is to keep holding, it's not easy and in fact it's very hard but if you do not want to lose money then you need to do it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
Kingofbitcoin12345

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:39:07 PM

Are you asking someone who doesn’t even bother to look or monitor the price in the market.. They don’t have emotions in a better term or haven’t give so much important to what is today and just think of what is happening or may comes tomorrow.. A reason we can’t achieve without trusting the cryptocurrency we admire,, it’s a choice and not forced in you..

Believe and live a better life..

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:23:16 AM

Obviously, they still HODL! When bitcoin crashes, it takes the market along with it. The same thing happens in regular stocks. When USD crashes, the market doesn't switch to British pounds to stay stable, the market crashes too and eventually recovers. This is what most of are believes in to. If you cut loose to your evaporating accounts as you say, then you will end up in even more losses in the end.
Not only that if you sell your coins you lose all the opportunity to recover your money so no only you lose your money you also lose all the money that you could have  got if you held, so it is very clear to me that the answer for a holder of what to do in it is difficult market is to keep holding, it's not easy and in fact it's very hard but if you do not want to lose money then you need to do it.
Indeed,  it ain't easy to be a hodler.  Just like what @sjefdeklerk is thinking,  other people might be curious of what hodlers feel everytime there is a dump.  Hodlers are not numb or torpid,  they just know the risk of being one and have accepted it the moment they chose to become one.  Hodlers are like investors,  they don't meddle business with emotional feelings,  and would rather act if ever things is not the way they planned it.  They act silently,  studying the market,  checking and monitoring it,  and then don't sell at dump prices because there is no profit in that.

mostcrack

Activity: 548
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:21:58 AM

All I can do now is just wait and expect the price to go up significantly. It's all a matter of time. IMO this is the right time to make a strategy when the price crashes like now. Maybe for some people this is a big loss because losing money, selling there will be no profit for now, and waiting is the right thing for now.

██  ██████████████          1 x B i t . c o m     |     BIG 5     |          ██████████████  ██
►  5 LEAGUES      ►  5 BITCOIN
██                       75 WINNERS DRAWN MONTHLY                       ██
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

I'm the one of the people are in it, from early January I have bitcoin and haven't cashed it, day by day it keeps expecting it can going up and recover at higher prices, well., at least it's at $15k, but in fact it's still visible stuck and I sometimes cashed it when I needed money for a certain purposes, but not all I sell it. I'm still optimistic that the price will still continue to lead at an altitude as time goes on while doing activities related on crypto to keep earning some incomes, although it must hold for the long term. Moreover in the crypto we must really be able to playing well over the price movements.

Proton2233

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:50:26 AM

I'm the one of the people are in it, from early January I have bitcoin and haven't cashed it, day by day it keeps expecting it can going up and recover at higher prices, well., at least it's at $15k, but in fact it's still visible stuck and I sometimes cashed it when I needed money for a certain purposes, but not all I sell it. I'm still optimistic that the price will still continue to lead at an altitude as time goes on while doing activities related on crypto to keep earning some incomes, although it must hold for the long term. Moreover in the crypto we must really be able to playing well over the price movements.
In order to invest in bitcoin you must have a Fund that you can freeze for a long time. In this case, you won't have the need to sell bitcoin at a low price in order to cover their daily expenses. Everyone knows that investing in bitcoin only needs those funds that you can afford to lose. Why, then, do I often hear people selling coins at a low level?
Alijiindahaus

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:36:22 PM

All I can do now is just wait and expect the price to go up significantly. It's all a matter of time. IMO this is the right time to make a strategy when the price crashes like now. Maybe for some people this is a big loss because losing money, selling there will be no profit for now, and waiting is the right thing for now.
it's not good that a person feels practical internal devastation if he sees that he is losing his money, and nothing can be done. So you have to start all over again and use the previous mistakes yourself for the benefit of the future.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:52:44 PM

Ofcourse its normal to feel sad when you see you're losing money again but it never crossed my mind on planning to sell it. I just do things that will completely forget my holdings like games, hangout with friends or watching movies. We all know from the start that this is the possible situation that we will be facing so just be it and accept the risk we take.

I actually got past the stage of feeling sad long time ago when I realized how strong the market is. People will always say whatever they like whenever they feel like as we are all entitled to our opinion, but no matter the FUD, the attack, check it! We still always come back strong.

While some may panic and end up selling at loss, then joining the FOMOs when the market gets back up, those of us with experience of how the market behaves normally, really do not bother. I trade anyway, so that even makes me to bother less.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:22:52 AM

I actually got past the stage of feeling sad long time ago when I realized how strong the market is. People will always say whatever they like whenever they feel like as we are all entitled to our opinion, but no matter the FUD, the attack, check it! We still always come back strong.

While some may panic and end up selling at loss, then joining the FOMOs when the market gets back up, those of us with experience of how the market behaves normally, really do not bother. I trade anyway, so that even makes me to bother less.

I always say that the worst thing you can do in a panic dump caused by new regulations or new negative media is to dump your coins also. You're literally just letting other people getting their coins for cheap.

If you are not comfortable with the fact that you can indeed lose money on bitcoin, then just don't trade it.

My position at least is definitely not evaporating. I have been holding BTC since 2015 so I have a lot of room, even if BTC goes down by a lot, I can stay put and look at the long term picture. Even if you bought at a higher price, you should have this kind of mindset. Focus on the long term, don't get distracted on the short term, because if you do, you'll always end up buying high due to FOMO and selling low due to impulse selling/panic.
lingwistiko

Activity: 322

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:59:28 AM

At first, i was really nervous since my investments are all shrinking including my alts. But instead of feeling fear, i disrupted that one by not seeing the cryptomarkets anymore for a couple of days and weeks as i also buy more alts during this time.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:01:17 AM

The good idea when the market is crashing and your losing money is to sit down and keep praying for it rather than selling to contribute the dump..'cause it's a big mistake if you sell at lose and you cannot regain anymore your loses with it.  So much better to sit-down and keep your finger crossed.  Lol  and keep believing that the price will pump again soon.
Happydd

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

When I'm losing money because of bitcoin, I'll dig into it. And if the situation is so bad, I would sell some coins if anyone would pay the price. I will stop investing in bitcoin. But there is one thing that I continue to do even if the bitcoin price is low. It is involved in post-thematic campaigns. If the bitcoin collapses I accept my lost amount.
tanghere02

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:41:03 AM

I still remain hopeful and I still hold my coins even with bitcoin crashing. And yes there are a lot of losses but I still think it won't be going down all the time, because aside from going down there is another way too which is going up. So I still keep on holding until a couple more years.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:49:44 AM

What do i do if bitcoin crashing?  Maybe i will be silent and  will wait that bitcoin recover the price and hold it wait for the right time to sell  it. Don't panic because bitcoin have a good future to those have patience.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

see the current situation and price So crazy! I will quickly speed up my strategy again so as not to eat big losses. I will keep her until this crazy price stops. seeing his many people who panic it makes me very sick bro. hopefully the future, bitcoin (price) will soon move on to the next level.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

For people who have a long-term investment strategy, sit nicely and watch a favorite movie is a good thing, let the price weaken and go back up. But if you have a short-term investment strategy and intend to see the bitcoin price movement selling bitcoin when it's downhill is the best solution! Hold your money and when the price is at the bottom and trend up price come you can buy back. I'm sure you will get a profit compared to HODL and let the price go back up.
I really do not even bother myself when situation like this arrives. Traders are happy making a living out of  the fluctuation in the market, I am happy making a good living from my job with some additional passive income alongside of it, so I am not bothered where bitcoin heads to now, it is the future that matters and that is what I am all about. Anyone who wants to panic because of people like OP who make it a living to spread FUD, then that is their choice.

But one good thing about bitcoin is all the time we can have confident like bouncing back of prices at any time. It had happened many times in the past so we never need to get panic nor frustrations on seeing prices falling down and when we are losing our capital virtually.
ladyinredcoins2018

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:14:49 PM

Sure it is hurtful for those investors that has been affected with the recent drop of the value of bitcoin  but there is no other way but to wait if you sell anyway you get the same result of loses where if you wait there is a big chance that it will rise again and you gain higher because you were patient enough to wait.
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

But I think it's better to hold the bitcoin to recover,then selling the bitcoin at low prices and accepting the losses.If you had invested the independent money in trading,you are free to hold.Independent money means,the money which is not necessary for your daily expenses.If you had hold the bitcoin means,atleast in future you will get some profit.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

But I think it's better to hold the bitcoin to recover,then selling the bitcoin at low prices and accepting the losses.If you had invested the independent money in trading,you are free to hold.Independent money means,the money which is not necessary for your daily expenses.If you had hold the bitcoin means,atleast in future you will get some profit.

Please, stop using the google translator, it is a shit and all that you are writing in there is pure crap with non sense.

Anyway, i prefer to hold and try to buy more when the price collapses just like it happened a few months before.
jamids

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:47:33 AM

Price has been moving sideways and when it goes up for a few days, it would go down again and some hodlers are frustrated because most of them are still at a loss especially those that bought above 10k. Maybe this is the time to evaluate if they really wanted to just hold their coins and wait for the time to earn profit or start learning trading and profit whenever they want to even if the market is going down. As for me, I am still trading because I can't stand just watching the charts. I wanted to do some action. I wanted to continue to learn trading and even if I am still down because losses cannot be prevented, at least I am still learning.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

It depends on the coin, for alt coin I always set a bottom limit, because some of the alt coin won't able to go back, so we need to cutloss to save some fund to buy other coin, but if the one that down is strong coin like BTC or eth,l then I just hold, the price will back again when you hold for long term, so I never worry about those coins

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
bifle

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

When I see a low price and notice that my BTCs value is lower than what I invested, I check the bitcoin halving countdown (http://www.thehalvening.com ).

=>  In about ~800 days, it will be twice as easy to maintain the current price. (= great chance of a price x2)
Vness10

Activity: 372

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:29:18 AM

I'm not doing anything. I'm waiting for the price to recover. Selling coins at a time like this is a big mistake. I always have the opportunity to use Fiat for life. That is why we need to diversify our risks. I am always against those who claim that bitcoin can replace the main work. You can always choose a more profitable option for you.
I agree to you we need more patients and wait until the market back to normal because that's true selling a coin this time is bug mistake.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
Lancusters

Merit: 263

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:40:32 AM

When the price drops I freeze my assets in coins and use only Fiat for life. It makes me put some limits on my expenses, but I'm not worried about it. The price of bitcoin will rise and I will get my income. When you constantly have money is very difficult to save. The volatility of bitcoin allows me not to make spontaneous purchases. I hope in the future this will allow me to collect a large amount for a major purchase.
Markperop

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:13:48 PM

When the price drops I freeze my assets in coins and use only Fiat for life. It makes me put some limits on my expenses, but I'm not worried about it. The price of bitcoin will rise and I will get my income. When you constantly have money is very difficult to save. The volatility of bitcoin allows me not to make spontaneous purchases. I hope in the future this will allow me to collect a large amount for a major purchase.
and really even for today and the real prices for Bitcoin, you can still earn a little and collect money to fulfill your cherished desire. We used to get super profits Thanks to the crypto currency, And today we are falling into disheartening because of the price reduction. Not everything is as bad as it seems.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: