Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you provide a service that offers payouts to your customers?  (Read 816 times)
rlh (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:33:58 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2011, 03:05:03 PM by rlh

I've recently created a service called the BTCANS (short for Bitcoin Address Naming System) that makes maintaining and sharing your primary bitcoin address a bit easier.  The idea is simple-- sign up with the BTCANS with a simple, text ID and associate your payment address with your account.  Other can always find your payment address by querying the service.  If you own a site or service that offers payouts to your customers, you can cache their BTCANS ID.  When it's time to make a payout, query the BTCANS and you will get their most up-to-date payment address.

This service is especially useful for two primary reasons.  First, text IDs (like john_doe) are easier to remember and share than long hash strings.  If someone wants to send you a payment, they can easily query your ID instead of having to search around for a payment address.

The second and considerably beneficial reason is for security.  Assuming your wallet was lost or stolen it would be extremely beneficial to have one central location that you can go to and update your payment address.  I know I personally have multiple websites that I have signed up for that offer various referral payouts.  Although I keep my coins in a third-party wallet service, if their site was ever hacked, I would want to update all of my payout addresses as quickly as possible.  A service like the BTCANS helps expedite the update process.

None of us hope or think that our bitcoin wallet will be stolen but as history has often proven, even some of the most well known and respected sites can and have been hacked.

If you're interested in the BTCANS please check out our home page or if you have any questions or comments, respond here or to the official project thread.

Please note that querying the BTCANS is extremely easy and will always be free.  Also, in the future I am planning on let merchants tap into this system, creating short-term on-the-fly payout IDs that they can use for payment processing.  These services won't be free but will be cheap.  Also, I have already integrated a referral system into the BTCANS.  If you refer a customer to the BTCANS, and if they become a merchant, you will receive a generous portion of their payments.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rlh (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 03:06:01 PM

I've added a referral system to the BTCANS.  You can go ahead and refer users.  Once any of them sign up for the merchant system, you will get paid automatically after they pay for the service.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: