Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:18:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Help  (Read 321 times)
bitcoining147 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:37:14 PM

I sent a payment the other day and the person who I sent it to hasn't recieved it, it just comes up on my dashboard as "TRANSFERRED" and not "SENT" and I am confused since I have sent payments in the past and it has worked fine so I do not know why it has not worked. I have not used anything such as 3rd party sites are escrow services. The money appears in my wallet but is just there and I cannot sent it to anyone, it remains in a frozen state. Does anyone know what will happen at all? And if so will the money be refunded to my wallet where it will be available to anyone?

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

- bitcoining147

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

Do you have the transaction hash? You can check here at https://blockchain.info/ . Just enter the trxn hash and you'll find if its already processed or not or how many confirmations needed to be credit to your friends wallet.

If it says not "NOT SENT" in your wallet, did you put the suitable  transaction fee? Sometimes, it is not processed and one possible reason is fee being lower than what is desired.
bitcoining147 (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:21:23 AM

It has over 378 confirmations but still nothing. I do not know what to do, when I check the hash it says that it has included in a block. Do you know how long or when it will be refunded to my wallet?
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:09:14 AM

It has over 378 confirmations but still nothing. I do not know what to do, when I check the hash it says that it has included in a block. Do you know how long or when it will be refunded to my wallet?
If the transaction has been confirmed, then the bitcoins are at the recipient's disposal. Are they denying it, or what's your concern?

PS: In future, please use a descriptive subject line as that will improve your chances of being read by people who can help with your specific issue. After all, every message in this group is about 'bitcoin help'.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:11:52 AM

what wallet are you used? and it will be good if you include or write transaction id in here so we can check what happen.
I suggest double check your recipient address again, maybe the person that you sent money is lying.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 12:37:51 PM

378 is more than enough, by that point the receiver should confirm your coins and credit it to your account.
You said that you sent coin to someone, who did you sent it to specifically?
Give him your TX ID and ask him to check and confirm that he has received your coins, if not it is most likely that person is a fraud  Undecided
oppahunter12

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:24:05 PM

Can someone help me too? IDK how to start a discussion but does anyone know of a way to retrieve a private key? I am in need of trying to figure one out. Can someone help me figure out the private key to a specific address?
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:44:56 PM

---snip---
Does anyone know what will happen at all? And if so will the money be refunded to my wallet where it will be available to anyone?
I'm sorry but I have problem understanding your whole post
to make it easier, give us your transaction id and ask in short simply questions
with transaction id we can check on block explorer and tell you what is going on with your bitcoin

bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:32:27 AM

IDK how to start a discussion but does anyone know of a way to retrieve a private key? I am in need of trying to figure one out. Can someone help me figure out the private key to a specific address?
Public key cryptography is designed so that it shouldn’t be possible to figure out the private key based on the public key (or bitcoin address). So, no.

In future, if you bring up an entirely new topic, please start a new thread (by clicking ‘new topic’) instead of hijacking an existing one. More information for new users is available at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:06:58 PM

Can someone help me too? IDK how to start a discussion but does anyone know of a way to retrieve a private key? I am in need of trying to figure one out. Can someone help me figure out the private key to a specific address?

Where are you trying to retrieve your private key from?
From just an random address? Thats not possible.

Or are you trying to export a private key from a specific address inside your wallet?
If so, start a new thread in the right subforum to get help to your wallet-related question. Make sure to provide enough information (e.g. what wallet you are using, .. ).

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:19:03 AM

I sent a payment the other day and the person who I sent it to hasn't recieved it, it just comes up on my dashboard as "TRANSFERRED" and not "SENT" and I am confused since I have sent payments in the past and it has worked fine so I do not know why it has not worked. I have not used anything such as 3rd party sites are escrow services. The money appears in my wallet but is just there and I cannot sent it to anyone, it remains in a frozen state. Does anyone know what will happen at all? And if so will the money be refunded to my wallet where it will be available to anyone?
Thanks for reading and have a good day.
- bitcoining147
Are you using blockchain.info wallet?
A while ago I was trying to know what happens when I send bitcoin from the new wallet address to the old address.
The result when you transfer/[send bitcoin] to your old wallet address in blockchain.info's wallet is shown under the word "TRANSFERRED" and not "SENT".
check your total balance.

There is an image below https://s10.postimg.org/3mo3z5a6h/image.png

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:42:47 AM

Is your question about how to start a new discussion or how to steal a private key from a btc address so that you can take over all the balances and run away? If the latter is your question then it is of no use to try out. If you have lost the private key of your address, then it is totally gone. If you at least have a seed phrase you could recover them. An address is derived from the public key which is further derived from a private key. Getting a private key from an address is not possible.

If you are trying to spend your funds from a wallet, then you need to search for the private key which would be mentioned inside the wallet itself. If you are holding your funds in an exchange, they don't give out private keys and you just need to use the address. As bob123 said, specify which wallet you are using so that it could be helpful for us to help you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: